Home

Star Wars Battlefront Wishlist

Elite Jedi

Originally posted by MobiuZ

Why don't put Rankings in it ! that would be awesome !

like every single player has its own ID ( no mather what name he/her chooses ) and than like after 100 kills you become Private First Class , 200 : Corporal , 300 : Corporal First Class , and so on.

Rankings would be fun, but I'd prefer if they weren't based on kills. Some character classes make more kills then others, and I wouldn't like to give people who love to be a sniper a bonus.

Í think they should make some inteligent point-system. Kills will be rewarded (headshots give a higher reward), but also other stuff. For example: blowing a building up (as a wookie smugler) or staying in a vehicle in combat for a long time. Or piloting a speederbike at a surden speed for a surden time on Endor.

<>Mountainforest

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

consoles: 16 players internet

32 players lan

pc: 32 players internet

64 players lan

I'd be nice if they'd have more than 32 players for internet servers on pc since they had 32 on siege servers in JK2.

the maps are undoubtfully going to be roomy. I enjoy huge scale battles.maybe....40 - 50 players?

that'd be GREAT!

Originally posted by The-Stealth

does any1 know if therers gunna be something like that in this game, like a parachute or something for jumpin out of fighters.

We know that support units (or pilots, medics, whatever you like to call them) will be able to survive a vehicle crash. I haven't heared anything about parachutes and I'm actually hoping pilots will be the only ones having them.

My hopes for this game:

1.Mods like BF1942 to keep the game fresh.

2. Massive space battles with loads of capital ships, and asteroid fields!

3. A decent scoring system as metioned above (I stink at close quarter combat, I am much better in support roles)

4. Interactive environments. I hate it when an opponent can hide inside a shack and survive when you plaster it with HE rounds (Like BF1942).

5. Good explosions, flying bodies (smoldering Ewok carcasses..yeah I'm a sick-o, hate them friggin' teddy bears!) wreckage/ bodies that stay and don't disappear.

Man, you guys (and gals, I'm sure) have some wicked cool ideas. I particularly like Lt. Havoc's comments. Enjoy reading all of them, though.

I'm uninitiated when it comes to this type of game so I'm looking forwarding to learning on the fly...which brings me to the one thing I would like to see someday, if not in this game: space-borne battles with command of everything from the super star destroyers to the shuttle crafts. I know there are flying elements involved in SWB so that'll do for the time being.

I live in the vain hope that us poor peons with slow internet links will still be able to multiplay SWB (BF1942/Vietnam are bearable if you find a relatively local server that doesn't have too many people on it... decent cable internet is still waaaay too expensive in NZ).:mad:

oh yeah, poor NZ, but hey, you have the same amount of people we do and have 100 times more the space. (I'm talking about Singapore). But hey, we have cheap cable, it comes free with cable TV. And since it's a must to have cable here becuase otherwise you don't get any channels... everybody has cable. Anyway, back on topic,

I'm hoping that the console version will be every bit as good as the PC. So, when a good map or vehicle that somebody made is available on PC, lucasarts can put it on Xbox Live.

GO KIWIS!!!

Ok since I have actually refused to play my PS2 until sept when this game comes out let me tell you all the wonderful things I wish for

1) That the lag not suck. LAG SUCKS!! That is the most frustrating crap in the world man.

2) I hope there is some kind of training room setup for clans to train where you can all hear even though your different factions. So that you can really train together and get used to each other.

3) DARTH MAUL

4) I wish that when your the last person left on multiplayer that you could hear your heart beating fast, just softly over the headset.

5) Would be nice if the star wars catch phrases jumped in there if you do real well. Like if you get 5 kills in a round you hear Han say don't get cocky kid. Or if your really suckin you could hear Yoda say to be trained in the way of the force he is not. Things like that

6) One on one mini games. Lets say your waiting to jump into a clan war right, you been here before your in a clan with ten and everyone is on. Well wouldn't it be tight if you and one of those guys could jump into a mini game of x-wing vs tie fighter, or land speeder races, or my personal favorite pick off the ewoks.

7) If the emperials call in Darth Vader and your the last to die. He should run up on you and choke the living crap outa you with the force.

8) Utilize the HDD for the PS2 I bought the thing in hopes of better games because of it so PLEASE USE IT!!!!

9) A clear point system. We really do care about rank. We say we don't but man oh man the hard core gamers really do!

10) No choppy game play!

Thats my wish list

Originally posted by TheBatMan

5) Would be nice if the star wars catch phrases jumped in there if you do real well. Like if you get 5 kills in a round you hear Han say don't get cocky kid. Or if your really suckin you could hear Yoda say to be trained in the way of the force he is not. Things like that

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo anything but that? If you're going to play this game for hours on end, those "catch phrases" will get anoying.

My wish list is simple. i am guessing this game will be close to SOCOM 2 , so here is the problems I don't want to see.

1. The most important. NO LAG. I know you can't get rid of all of it, but most of it would be great.

2. If we are gonna have all these great vehicles than don't make the whole map lag when someone is shooting from them. Some weapons made SOCOM 2 lag real bad.

3. Have some downloads for the HDD in a timely manner. Not like SOCOM 2 when they promise new maps and guns but just don't know when. I bought this thing and can't really use it.

4. Be strict on cheaters and glitichers. One offence and your out.

5. I'm guessing the point system will be like SOCOM 2. So thats ok. Just use the KISS rule. Keep it simple.

6. Have more than just 8 vs.8. Like on S2. I want to see a battle. With soldiers all over the place. AI's ok. I just want alot of things to shoot at. LOL

7. My prediction is that this game will be the best game of 2004. I have already grown tired of SOCOM 2 waiting for this game to come out.

8. I really don't care what characters they have, It' would be impossible to put them all in. Along with the vehicles to. I just want to drive a AT-ST and slaughter some ewocks. LOL

9. And don't release the game until all the bug are out. I would rather wait a little longer and have a game that don't suck. Ya know.

Originally posted by THE BADGER:

My wish list is simple. i am guessing this game will be close to SOCOM 2 , so here is the problems I don't want to see.

1. The most important. NO LAG. I know you can't get rid of all of it, but most of it would be great.

2. If we are gonna have all these great vehicles than don't make the whole map lag when someone is shooting from them. Some weapons made SOCOM 2 lag real bad.

3. Have some downloads for the HDD in a timely manner. Not like SOCOM 2 when they promise new maps and guns but just don't know when. I bought this thing and can't really use it.

4. Be strict on cheaters and glitichers. One offence and your out.

5. I'm guessing the point system will be like SOCOM 2. So thats ok. Just use the KISS rule. Keep it simple.

6. Have more than just 8 vs.8. Like on S2. I want to see a battle. With soldiers all over the place. AI's ok. I just want alot of things to shoot at. LOL

7. My prediction is that this game will be the best game of 2004. I have already grown tired of SOCOM 2 waiting for this game to come out.

8. I really don't care what characters they have, It' would be impossible to put them all in. Along with the vehicles to. I just want to drive a AT-ST and slaughter some ewocks. LOL

9. And don't release the game until all the bug are out. I would rather wait a little longer and have a game that don't suck. Ya know.

1) Well if there everyone has a 256k connection or higher things would go very nicely.

2) Yeah. But the devs have said extensive testing has taken place to fix such problems.

3) PC will get MODS ect but Lucasars will put in some exclusive stuff for you console gamers.

4) Agreed

5) Yeh. Points is important for me. You can really see how well you mathc up against others.

6) If its to small than it can get tiresome although a good game of sniper vs sniper can takespace.

7) Agreed

8) I dont care much for special apperances.

9) True.

I'll start with some kudos. Some very interesting points were brought up by everyone. Well done.

I will be personally upgrading to a broadband connection, aswell as getting a new graphics card just for this title.

My wishlist revolves around a few game mechanics themselves...

Something that the game most certainly needs to be successful is a solid networking code. Seeing as the online feature is what Battlefront will be all about; it is imperative that gameplay must be efficient, optimal and smooth.

One game that has impressed me with it's networking code is Unreal Tournament 2004. I am currently on 56k and can play online perfectly. If there is any lag, it is so slight to the point where it does little to affect my performance ingame. This impressed the hell out of me.

Another important feature is the addition of a friendly, inbuilt server browser. Being the player's connection to FUN, it is of utmost importance that the browser is faultless and efficient. I've had numerous bouts of trouble with the server browsers found in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy which ultimately turned me off the MP aspect over time. No huge problem as it was the SP experience I was after.

However, Raven isnt in charge here, so we'll consider it a blessing in that department, shall we?

Its great to know that voice chat is to be included ingame. Great news indeed. I will again refer to Unreal Tournament 2004 here because it has honestly raised the benchmark regarding voice chat ingame.

Im not sure what client Epic used, but voice on UT2004 is crystal clear with absolutely no distortion whatsoever. In such team oriented gaming, this 'tool' is a backbone ingredient to victory if used properly. Not to mention it adding amazing amounts of enjoyment to the game aswell.

There's nothing better than assisting each other through voice. Playing those Onslaught maps, I nearly felt like I was in the Clone Wars; co-ordinating attacks with my troopers ;)

Firstly, *stands up*.. yes, I admit I have a problem. Im a Clone Wars nut.

That's why my final request is for you boys and girls in sound to pay close attention to the voices of the numerous characters. Namely the Clone Troopers. They must have New Zealand accents as they did in AotC. Why? Its like giving Darth Vader a yellow lightsaber. Its just that important!

The microseries on Cartoon Network was brilliant, but the fact that the Troopers were speaking with American accents just destroyed me. Its all a part of the overall atmosphere.

Galactic Battlegrounds pulled it off well.

If this isnt included, then I will be absolutely shattered :(

Please include them! I implore you with open arms!!!

Thanks for your time. Only 10 weeks and 1 day!!!

But who's counting right? ;)

Best Regards

- Steve

I know this topic isn't really the place, but it's not worth to make a new topic for only one question and answer:

concerning the voice chat, are you postive they mean actually using the microphones to talk to eachother? Perhaps they mean some pre-programmed exclamations such as "I need back-up!" or "Follow me!".

it wouldn't be the first time that is called voice-chat. So could someone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Sting

No it will have real-time voice chat. You can't play a online team game without the abillity to talk to one another. I can't stand people who play SOCOM 2 online without a mic. Thay run over my mines when I tell them where they are. Ahhhh!:mad:

No but it will have real voice chat!

Archived