Elite Jedi

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my wishlist includes fixes on current things

-make weapons less accurate

-dont overempower droideka

-make strafing SLOWER, and forwards faster, to avoid strafe wars

-make sniper less simple (it looks so simple, view doesnt move etc)

Man don't double post, just edit the one you just posted.

I'm getting a new headset for this... I've never done this type of game on PC, do you guys suggest a controller of any type?

I would find one modeled after a PS2 controller, with two analog sticks. And a headset will make the game so much more enjoyable for ya.

Alright... i wish for pretty much what you guys said except NO MODDABILITY! It may sound fun and all, but it would be easy to device hacks and all...

on the other hand, new skins can be fun... new vehicles, wepaons.... alright: Limited moddability!

Thx badger, BTW, have you been having problems with posting long replies? It has only been letting me post a few lines a t a time- notice my large number of posts that were going to be just 2-3......

No prob, no but I have had that problem on other forums. Just type a few line, submit, than go back and edit to add more.

I think it would be cool to have downloaded features or an expansion pack or sequel that would contain more planets and locations like Dagobah, Courscant, Kashyyyk, Dantoonie, Sullust, Corellia, Mon Calamari, Kessel, Ord Mantell, etc.

Yeah PS2 has a HDD, or hard drive, which i bought but they have not released any new material yet. I'm waiting on new maps for SOCOM 2, but I don't know when that will be. I am hopeing that Lucas releases updates in a timely manner. Ya know.

I was reading these forums and I got the distinct impression that there won't be any space combat in this game. If this is going to be land-based only with so few options to do any huge space battles, hence the <i>Star Wars</i>, I'm frankly never going to play this game.

If I can't do a run on the deathstar to blow up the main reactor or fight for my life dodging a barrage of enemy lasers in an X-wing, I'm not going to pick up this game at all.

I've read some posts and some people suggest there's enough space combat games for the <i>Star Wars</i> universe. I respectfully disagree with that assumption. <b>NO ONE</b> has been able to accomplish creating a decent space shooter/sim! In fact, I think they should of focused more on going into space in this game instead of duking it out on the ground.

The only saving face for this game is going to be flying the snowspeeders toward an AT-AT and try tripping it with a tow cable!

The multiple gaming system ports and attempt to combine them all is disconcerting as well. I wonder how new maps or mods are going to be available to everyone on all systems because mods are what keep a game alive.

My wish is to have more focus on space combat than ground combat. Not everyone would have to fly in a space combat scenario. You would still need gunners to man the star destroyers and you would need people to form strike teams to board enemy ships. You would need somebody to hold POWs (hey it could happen)

I don't see this game going very far without some kind of space epic battle.

My wishlist is pretty simple:

1. Better than Battlefield1942

2. Have it so you can capture all the bases, unlike Battlefield1942.

3. Less laggage on the multiplayer

"If you strike me down, I will become more powerful, than you can possibly imagine." --Ben Kenobi--

You have an interesting point regarding lack of an intensive Star Wars space fighting sim. Ive never played the later Rogue Squadron games (meaning anything released after the N64 - Battle of Naboo), so I cant comment on the quality of the latter releases, but Dusty, dont be miffed if Battlefront lacks space warfare, because this game's primary focus will be on ground battles.

Take heart though, its only a matter of time until your dreams of a perfect (or near enough) SW space sim will come true.

So long as the gameplay itself is brimming with quality and the netcode is optimal, this game will be pure WINNAR!

(I wont get into accurate Clone Trooper voice re-creation - oops.. just did ;))

Best Regards

- Steve

Archived