Home

Oh dear God WHY

Mike Windu

Who cares, I find every and all of the recent Disney movies soppy and sickening "Brother Bear" and "Nemo" can kiss my a$$ ......Pixar doesnt do much for me either.....

*That type of animation doesn't appeal to me, ever since I was 4 I was into :

*Battle of The Planets

*Astroboy(thus my name!)

*Starblazers

*Macross

etc etc

Japanese anime is far and above superior in many, many ways.....

greatest anime film ever....... NINJA SCROLL, followed by Ghost In the Shell, Akira...... etc etc !!!

MTFBWYA

great news for pixar, but i can't believe Disney was that daft. THe pixar films have been the only animated films making them any money recently.

I thought i read a few months ago that Disney had declared traditional hand-drawn animation dead and said they were only going to do 3d computer stuff from now on. So i don't see how letting pixar go helps with this. I guess they are just doing live action stuff from now on.

The death of hand darwn animation was a stupid comment anyway as films like Spirited Away have shown, it is just that western hand-drawn animation is dominated by disney and disney have basically been remaking the same film since the lion king.

Shame disney suck so much now, i loved a lot of their old cartoons (Jungle book rocks!) befoer they got phill collins to do the soundtracks. Still, i guess i can't bring myself to care much after the way they have butchered some of my fave hong Kong films and are still preventing a decent dvd release of police Story 3. Come to think of it. ha ha.

much better news from IGN (if you aren't fed up of comic book movies):

Marvel and Pixar

Just imagine the possibilities.

February 04, 2004 - Too good to be true? Well, today's Hollywood Reporter reveals that Pixar Animation Studios and Marvel Enterprises have held meetings to discuss a potential partnership. Marvel's wealth of ripe-for- development comic properties and Pixar's awesome animation and storytelling artistry would be an insanely cool combo.

THR quotes Marvel vice chairman Peter Cuneo as saying, "Pixar has an incredible record," referring to the studio's five blockbuster films for Disney.

This news comes on the heels of reports that Disney and Pixar's partnership is ending, after contract renewal talks went south last week. Regarding the breakup, Pixar honcho Steve Jobs said in a statement, "After 10 months of trying to strike a deal with Disney we're moving on. We've had a great run together – one of the most successful in Hollywood history – and it's a shame that Disney won't be participating in Pixar's future successes." No new distribution deal is expected just yet, but you can bet that studios like Warner Bros. and Fox are trying to work it out.

Pixar has a flawless track record and it'd be interesting to see them tackle something so tonally different from the film's they've made thus far – a non- comedic, CG-animated project based on a Marvel property. Fantastic Four, The Sub-Mariner, and Captain America are just a few promising titles that come to mind.

There's no word on how serious the talks are getting between the two entities, but we'll keep you posted. One thing is certain, the sky's the limit for John Lasseter and his creative crew now that they're free of Eisner's corporate clutches.

Originally posted by the_raven_03

Exactly. Pirates of the Caribbean was awesome and I am sure that Miracle will be also because it is a hockey movie and everyone knows that hockey is the coolest sport ever.

Here in Canada hockey is king, and that is exactly why no one in this country will be going to see it. Taking a big moment in hockey history and then changing facts around and turn it into a sappy story. For shame Disney.

Glad to see Pixar dumped Disney. Disney needs Pixar a lot more than Pixar needs Disney.

I'm from the rest of the world (ie not north america) so i know nothing about hockey, but i heard they used proper hockey players rather than actors and that Kurt Russell was really good... so it does sound to me like they were trying to be authentic.

at least the haircuts look authentic.:D

Of course, it IS disney so i'm probably wrong. :rolleyes:

Archived