Home

hopes for KOTOR2

Sivy

i think there's no doubt there will be a KOTOR2, so what would you like it to be about? what new features and/or improvements would be good? what didn't you like about KOTOR that you hope they will change?

i hope they are at least some of the original characters from KOTOR. more customisation would be good, like hilts, more portrait options like eye/ hair color, hair style facial hair etc.

more classes. and maybe change the only thing i didn't like about KOTOR, the level 20 limit.

I think KOTOR II would make an awesome prequal game. Think about it....You are Jolee fighting in the Exar Kun wars.....hmm.....

Even though you probably wouldn't be able to go dark or light, it's still a good idea imo.

Originally posted by obi-wan13

I think KOTOR II would make an awesome prequal game. Think about it....You are Jolee fighting in the Exar Kun wars.....hmm.....

Even though you probably wouldn't be able to go dark or light, it's still a good idea imo.

Agreed. They mention the mandalorian wars consistantly throughout the game. It'd be interesting to see the characters roles in the war. Jolee doesn't speak much about his past (at least he didn't for me), it'd be interesting to see why he became so reclusive. It'd also be nice to have different looking saber hilts this time and possibly hooded robes.

Well, let's hope they make it and it has considerably higher levels and more powers. Since they'd have to pick one ending, and that always seems to be the light, (esp. since the darkside ending would seem to preclude the normal starwars universe?)

Though he doesn't actually destroy the Republic, it would take something pretty bizarre to keep him from it.

So at the risk of derivative cheesiness that wouldn't actually have to ruin the plot, why not

have Bastilla and *good* Revan have a child to be the next character?

Hmm, a prequal would be great, so would a sequal. Its all the same to me as long as they keep some of the original characters from KOTOR. I only have a few things I would like to see change, one of the is the Lvl cap.

Lvl 20 is really low, so obviously it would be great to be able to go beyond that. Of course you would have to make the game even bigger then.

Another thing would have to be more classes, and everything in that direction.

The last thing is a multiplayer part.

-Clemme

i hope they do include some of the characters from KOTOR 1.

but i'm sure whatever they do it will be good.

maybe they might set it during the great jedi - sith war, a thousand years before Ep IV.

one problem with that is they can't really have a darkside ending, 'cause everyone knows the sith lose.

yes suppose you're right.

but at least being 4000 years pre-empire you could make some kind of assumption , like maybe after revan died of old age the jedi were able to combat the sith.

but being only 1000 years before the empire, we know that jedi believe the sith to be extinct. so theres no way there could be a dark-side ending if they set KOTOR 2 during the great sith war. unless, of course, your character dies at the end.

I heard somewhere that Lucasarts had decided not to give Bioware control of the sequel. Just a rumour, but that would stink.

I was thinking that it could be set a few years after the first one and part of it could be searching for your old team eg. Zaalbar and mission are on Kashyyyk, Candorous is busy blowing stuff up, Carth is on Telos etc. I don't mean make that the whole game, just do it with the plot, like the first one.

Ok Here I go...

1 Official Modding Tools

2 Free Lan/Online Multiplayer Mode

3 Open ended story

4 Ability to become(and follow the storypath of) a jedi, sith, smuggler, bounty hunter, or a combanation of them all

5 No Level Cap

6 Ageing

7 Ability to pick fights with anyone

8 Better character customization; pick eyes, nose, tattoos, etc

9 More arenas

10 Even more side quests

11 Jumping

12 Climbing

13 More worlds

14 Optional Pilotable ships(if you're a pilot)

15 Ability to sever limbs of pc and npcs(i always wanted a mechanical hand anyway)

16 Ingame Custom Armor(remake Vaders if you like)

17 Flowing robes and capes

18 Destructable enviroments

19 Ability to choose a non-human pc

20 Mounts/Speeders

I think that's enough for this post.

1. Much larger game

2. More Force Powers

3. Custom Sabers (choose a color from a color scale, drag the cursor across it, and hilts and lengths)

4. Rocket Launchers :)

5. Multiple Character Species

6. More part members to choose from (pick 9 of 15 available for ex.)

7. Much more customizable character portrait, like in Madden for players :D

8. More character classes

9. Sith Classes to parallel Jedi Classes

10. More Mandalorian Armor!

11. Jetpacks

12. ability to fly starships

13. Tales of the Jedi characters (that'b be cool to get some minor ones, like Tot Doneeta or Sylvar, but also Ulic, Exar, Nomi, or Cay, along with backround characters that you can't use like Vodo)

14. More gore :)

15. Losing of your own limbs and must buy mechanical ones, but not often

16. Customizable swoops and ships

17. Podracing

18. Pickpocketing skill

19. Downloadable planets

20. After beating the game, be able to just wander the galaxy, and have many new side quests opened

21. Maybe be a human Main CHaracter, but also ge tto choose an apprentice that sits quietly at you side, any species :)

That'd also be sweet if say, both on XBox and PC, the game would scan your old savegame files and let you load a profile ffrom there, so it determines a dark or lightside beginning, whihc tells what happend to Revan and all, but you play as a new character, with Revan being dead (explained as dying of old age as a Jedi or being killed by the Jedi, depending on your saved files.) Or you start a new game without loading a profile and it randomly generates a beginning, which doesn't effect the rest of the game, just a movie file to show and explain.

• 7 months later...

It seems that in Kotor 2 (after viewing the tralier) i get the feeling of that in light side there's much more things to do ..i mean .. they say you're the last jedi who can oppose the empire.. right?.. then if you join the dark side ..what left is there to do?.. there's no jedi left to fight!... well , thats what i think...please send reply

Originally posted by zLaDD

It seems that in Kotor 2 (after viewing the tralier) i get the feeling of that in light side there's much more things to do ..i mean .. they say you're the last jedi who can oppose the empire.. right?.. then if you join the dark side ..what left is there to do?.. there's no jedi left to fight!... well , thats what i think...please send reply

I imagine that if you choose the Dark Side you will want to eliminate the competition and establish your dominance over the Galaxy.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by JediConsularAD

i hope that the ebon hawk will look exactly the same inside except mabye have more accesible rooms or allow you to adjust small settings in it

or mabye even allow you to walk around in your journey to another planet so you could look out the windows

The ebon hawk will look the same, theres a floor plan of a level, and the ebon hawk looks exactly the same,but I could be mistaking

improvements i would like include:

[*]more lightsaber colours

[*]more of a choice between ls and ds

[*]accesible space stations from near the start

[*]you could drive a landspeeder

[*]buy your own ship

[*]open ended

[*]attack anyone you like and you would be put under trial

[*]be able to take animals to sell e.g. the gizka.

[/list=1]

Originally posted by JediConsularAD

improvements i would like include:

[*]more lightsaber colours

[*]more of a choice between ls and ds

[*]accesible space stations from near the start

[*]you could drive a landspeeder

[*]buy your own ship

[*]open ended

[*]attack anyone you like and you would be put under trial

[*]be able to take animals to sell e.g. the gizka.

[/list=1]

Uh... :eyeraise: Improvements? This is a KOTOR:TSL thread not a KOTOR wishlist thread? :confused:

Besides #1 & #2 on your list are going to be in TSL, and I believe the PC in TSL starts on a asteroid station of some sort so #3 is sort of covered. :)

But your wishlist #4-8 are all better placed as features of a MMORPG than a single-player KOTOR RPG.

Archived