Home

WIP: Durge (Clone Wars)

monsoontide

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RJW_ca: Sure, if you'd like to make the sounds, that would be great!

Do what you can then PM me when you're done. :D

I'm not sure about Grevious - there's not really enough images of him yet to do him justice. I'll probably have a go at Assaj first... but let's get Durge done first... ;)

Someone already started on a Asajj reskin of the Leela Jedi.

From the quality of the Durge model, I think you should build Asajj (in your own time) and it'll be great 'cause it's from scratch, not a reskin. :cool:

Hmmm, a toon version would be faster/easier to build and match Durge, but I'd rather have a detailed version for replay fun. Too bad about that "life" thing getting in the way. ;)

Did some play-testing with the model last night and it looks great, apart from the wierd distortions caused by conformation to the Jedi Academy skeleton. Sigh. Still, should be fun.

Currently I need to work on the npc, file a bot file, sounds, icons, team skins & possibly a toon skin (Which is same as reg. skin but flat colours).

Psyk0Sith, are you still planning on doing a cell shaded version? And should I do LODS?

Just so some people know, I will be doing General Grievous, although not from the Clone Wars series because in that he is very unrealistic. Anyway, don't start a conversation in this thread about my model for GG, I just wanted to tell people since you brought up the subject.

This Durge model is great by the way, it's just like the Clone Wars character. I like it, and it shouldn't be too hard to do sound effects for Durge.

Originally posted by monsoontide

Psyk0Sith, are you still planning on doing a cell shaded version? And should I do LODS?

Dunno, since your model wasnt meant for that: on the polycount side.

Maybe we could use the toon shader and see how it looks but it wouldnt have the outline obviously.

I've never made LODs for my own models (except some map objects)...call me lazy ;) anyways, i would be the one making the LODs because i have the model already rigged so i can re-use what i have as a starting point.

I was surprised to see the episodes were only 3 mins long... but them I found out these things are daily... I guess once all 20 are out you can use an AV editing program to join the episodes up one after another and create an hour long movie.

The cartoon is quite kickass. Better than the poor excuses of prequels at least. I want to make so many models now.. . so.. many... cool... characters... so... many... argh...

Whats with Lucas and killing off cool villains like Durge after one standoff? I mean come on, let the anticipation build up a little jeez.

I saw that Durge doesn't speak much in the toon... its going to be tough to make fitting taunts and sounds for this big fella.

ksk h20, I dont think that was really a spolier. And I really dont think Durge died in Season 1. If you note on the last episode where Obi and Durge fought in the control room, you can see him moving after Obi exploded him.

that sounds like boba-fett-escaping-sarlac'like wishful thinking to me. =P

Yea maybe it's not a spoiler... but still I had not seen them yesterday and I would rather not learn who gets what coming at him within the first few episodes.

Check the commentary on Durge. Apparently he was supposed to regen in the comics. They upped the regen time for the cartoon though. So hopefully we may see him again. I mean its chapter 15 and Obi is still in the same spot.

There isn't a Season 3, the last episode ends with an double-length episode starring General Grievous.

I feel ripped-off now that everyone can get the episodes for free that I can get with my paid Hyperspace subscription. At least I can get all of the Episode III webdocs, and all of the pictures.

Archived