Home

I wish maul was still alive.

narfblat

It's a pity Qui-Gon died. I never cared much about Maul. So what if he's one of the few sith since Exar Kun to weld a double-bladed lightsaber/saberstaff? My guess is that it's a possibility in Episode 3, but that's a discussion for those forums.

And I really like Jar Jar. The ironic thing is that since he's so hated, it proves what his character is there for. He just doesen't fit in or is more a bother than a help, but his heart's in the right place. I was kinda disappointed at one time or another Jake Lloyd's role as Anakin Skywalker but his overall performance was okay. IMHO Episode 1 is still the best Prequel movie there is around the three (third being worked on) SW movies.

This is something that irritates me too.

Lets face it, Ray Park is a Tae-Kwon-Do expert and was outstanding with that staff - Best fighter in the trilogy so far. And yes, it is a shame he isn't an actor, therefore Darth Maul lacked character. (I even read that they had someone else do his voice, like all 3 lines)

Originally posted by BawBag™

This is something that irritates me too.

Lets face it, Ray Park is a Tae-Kwon-Do expert and was outstanding with that staff - Best fighter in the trilogy so far. And yes, it is a shame he isn't an actor, therefore Darth Maul lacked character. (I even read that they had someone else do his voice, like all 3 lines)

ray park was the toad in x-men, the headless horseman in sleepy hallow, and he played an unmasked/makeup part in ballistics: eks vs. sever. plus i think he's going to be in the iron fist (sp) comic turned movie.

so he is starting to act, and thats not a bad thing at all.

That's because Jar Jar's different. Sure he seems kiddie, but then he's a Gungan noone, even in the story, likes! He's supposed to be annoying! Yet supposed to be helpful! Geez, and people in real life say he ruined the prequels. It's the stereotyping and stupidity in us, in all of us who hold high expectations of SW, that is destroying it! But then it's natural to put the blame on someone or something else rather than us.

(The comment may sound harsh, but I stand by it. If we denied the stupidity in us, no one would have done stupid things in their life and learned from it. That's something valuable in life, so therefore I mean no offense yet again.)

I admit that I am stupid all the time, like right now

Jar Jar didn't ruin all three prequels

Only the 1st one

The second one kicked cuz he didn't say anything

But I wish Maul was alive instead of Captain Dooko

its boba fett all over again, only GL wont make a prequal prequal in 20 years that describes the origins of maul, not that describing fett's was a bad thing either.

Oh and Sock i have an average of 3 posts a day, and i'm looking outside from my bedroom window now. but i'm too tired to go out.

I think maul should have escaped and been the sith apprentice though all the prequels. It would be such an awesome subplot to have obi wan struggle with his personal desire for revenge. Then in ep 2 you could have maul zap anakin and have a kick ass saber fight between obi wan and maul instead of that hard to swallow cgi yoda fight. Don't get me wrong, it was cool to see yoda kick dooku's ass, but it would be a lot more believalbe to have obi wan and maul duke it out again, only make it even more intense sinse both fighters would have gotten stronger and more experienced since then.

the only problem w/that is GL scripted dooku as a fallen jedi so he could order the clone army. i dont think maul could have done that. Maul's sole purpose was to kill qui-gon and reveal the sith to the jedi, since he did that all in one movie GL had him killed off. but yeah a obi/maul fight would be good but maul would have been to headstrong against yoda and would not have left like dooku did and then yoda would have killed him. plus maul would not really make a good figurehead for the seperatists. its not that i hate maul but i kind of see why GL did kill him off and replace him w/dooku.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sabre's fake, yet sophiscated databank entries-

Darth Maul

After falling into the generator shaft, Darth Maul was badly injured and considered dead by many including the master, Sidious. After all was over, Maul carved a way out of the shaft, using his twin-sabers and his rage. Soon, he explored the galaxy, looking for various spots and keenly observing each place. He soon became a master of disguise and started stalking his defeater, Obi-Wan Kenobi. He went to Kamino as Master Sifo-Dyas, a revered Jedi Master, who had died a few months ago. He told to expect an Obi-Wan Kenobi. In this way, he secretly aided Count Dooku, though he never meant to. He had seen Sidious' intentions.

Role in EP3 (Don't worry, this is just my theory)

However, after the battle of Geonosis, Darth Maul was found by Count Dooku and an epic battle took place at Coruscant. Finally Dooku devastated Maul and left. Maul was found by Clone Troopers who were uncertain what to do with him. He managed to get up and ran away, and got himself rebuilt. He discarded his old body and stepped into the suit of General Grevious. As General Gevious, he aided Count Dooku and killed many a Jedi, still thinking of his revenge against Dooku and Kenobi.

***Possible Spoiler***

Grevious then led the droids in many battles, most of which he won, but yet the Republic was gaining the upper hand. In a final shot, he entered the battleship Dooku was in and surpise-attacked him. They engaged in another duel where Greivous mercilessly sabered him and escaped the Battleship.

Grevious then followed Obi-Wan and landed at a battleground of Alderaan. High atop a cliff, the two armies clashed, but the clones won. Angry, Maul slaughtered the clones and battled Obi-Wan. Mid-way in the battle, Grevious de-ignited his sabers and threw them over the cliff. He then took off his mask and revealed his half-face of Maul. He then took his treasured double-saber and battled Obi-Wan.

Then, at the end, he struck Obi-Wan, who fell off the cliff, but caught a rock jutting out. Maul then tried to unhandle Obi, but Obi flew out, caught his saber and hit Maul right in the abdomen. Maul accepted defeat nobly and bowed to Obi-Wan. Then he fell off the cliff, just like in Episode I.

Awesome! Even outside the fan-fiction forum, you can't resist, can you? Anyway, it's a cool theory, mostly because grievous *is* a cyborg.

I once played a mod for MOTS in wich they used the Maw model for the new darth maul. (For those who haven't played it, Maw was a dakr jedi that was cut in half, but they put his body on a repulsor-lift, so that he could fly. It was pretty cool. It also said that 'only the dark side of the force had allowed Maw to live', and Maul was pretty Badass, so if it's true, he probably survived.)

Archived