Home

This place is dead

Guest DarthMaulUK

Im gonna push LA to see whats going on. Good chance its been cancelled like everything else.

Once i have more spare time I will do more to get it all back up again.

DMUK

I think the Star Wars RTS video game is officially dead. They probably got tired of spending time making strategy games like Force Commander, Rebellion, Galactic Battlegrounds and it's expansion pack. With the success of Jedi Knight and Knights of the Old Republic series I would more sequels with them. Plus they probably are working on a bunch of star wars titles for PC and X-box only. It appears that way to me when I see there official E3 2004 list with Star Wars Galaxies Jump to Lightspeed for PC only, Star Wars Republic Commando for X-box and PC, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords for PC and X-box. I did hear that Asypr is going to release Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic in August, 2004. They only other game is a ***** game called Mercenaries for PS2 and X-box. That game looks terrible. They can't be making that much money off original titles. Just look at the money for RTX Red Rock and Wrath Unleashed. I guess you can throw in Gladius and Secret Weapons Over Normandy also.

So I stop posting for a few days and the forum is declared dead? Kind of makes me feel special...

But I'm back home now, so a posting I shall go.

As for using the Generals engine, I think in its current state there are too many issues that make it un-Star-Warsy; most notably the lack of using large amounts of infantry and the behaviour of aircraft. However I am extremely interested to see what developments and modifications EA will make to the engine for The Battle For Middle Earth.

I think LA should approach EA for help with a future Star Wars RTS, because the direction EA is taking with TBFME is trying to get it as much like the movies as possible - something that a Star Wars RTS could definitely benefit from.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, you guys really weren't kidding when you said it was dead. I left because I kept getting freaking viruses/trojans from the aggressive pop ups here. But I dont think that a single persaon has been here in a while. Man, I never thought it would happen, but the GD is officially dead.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived