Home

What if Lucas have made Episodes 7, 8, and 9 instead?

kipperthefrog

I don't think you will let George Lucas win. He made the prequals and you complain - Jar Jar, we want 7, 8 and 9, not like the EU said.

He makes 7, 8 and 9 - what about the prequals? Why make it 4, 5 and 6 if not for the prequals?, it's not like the EU

Give him a break!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by guybroom

Yes? What does yes mean? Yes to what? TO WHAT?

Yes to Yes your sig is too stinkin long.

Anyway, don’t make 7, 8, 9 because just as everyone else has said, the main character has accomplished his main point to the story, bringing balance to the force. The story has reached its climax and is therefore over. Anything else is a new story.

I don't care what you say about my sig. It's good. I can just scroll down the page and find my last post.

And back on topic: Look at the EU - No anikan.

OOOOOOO! I just had the best idea! It is after the OT, and with anikan:

Ep7) They reserrect Anikan and he's a good guy, but then, the Reminant turn him again. The last shot is him back in a vader suit.

Ep8) Vader makes a new battle station, like the death star, but with automatic defences (they will shoot at anything that moves unless they have the codes), the republic can find no way to destroy it and the imperials blow up yavin IV, and a lot of Jedi to bes including Kile Katarn. Luke gets Mon Mothma to get negotians going with the imperials to stop the attacks. The last shot is of Mon Mothma and Akbar on the new death star thing around a table with Vader.

Ep9) The negotians break down and the republic makes its own battle station. The two come into fire from each other and a HUGE space battle takes place with X-wings aswell as the battle stations. The republic eventualy wins after Leia and vader battle. Luke can be in contol of the republic fleet.

The Republic sentance all the remaining imperial/sith to death and everyone lives happily ever after.

Well.......................?

The difference about the EU, is that it is not an episode(s) of Star Wars. It is seperate stories set within the Star Wars galaxy. The two are very different things. The episodes tell a story that will be complete after ROTS comes out. Bringing back Vader (how?) would weaken the story of ROTJ, and would be bad for the entire saga. Also, anything set after ROTJ would step on the toes of the EU way too much, and a lot of people would be displeased. Its best to just stick with what's there, and leave the rest to the EU.

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

I heard someone said the real reason a lot of people was disapointed in episode 1 and 2 becuase for years we imagined what it was like. Then, Lucas just did his own version and shatered what we wanted to see. ...or something like that.

IF THAT GUY WAS RIGHT, what if Lucas HADN"T made episodes 1, 2 and 3, and therefore LEFT the first 3 episodes to the imagination of the public's imaginations? and then made episodes 7, 8 and 9 about the an older han solo (hiring an older harison ford), luke and liea and ther children?

what would the public have thought then? who else has an opinion on what could have been in 7, 8, and 9? Raise your hand if you think Lucas SHOULD have just went on to 7, 8, and 9 or raise you hand if you are satisfied with episode 1 and 2!

To put this simply:

-do YOU think they should have made 7, 8 and 9 or do you LIKE 1 ,2 and 3?

- if he made 7, 8and 9, what would YOU like to have seen in them?

Sort of like Star Trek. They made seven movies with the aging actors from the original series and about half of them were excellent (the others were just watchable to barely watchable). The first Star Trek movie was made 10 years after the series ended. The last one (featuring any of the original cast onscreen) was made about 25 after the series. So had he made Episode 7 in 1999 instead of Episode I (16 years after the OT ended), sure, it could have worked.

Then again, I think if he'd done the sequel trilogy, he'd still have fans whining that he "ruined" the Expanded Universe, unless he slavishly adhered to the plotlines of Zahn, KJA, Stackpole, etc. which would make for some lousey movies I think. Not to diss the authors who wrote fun stories, but let's face it... the plot devices in them are really hilarious (force proof aliens, saber proof armor, millions of lost force users, uber force powers we've never dreamed of, tons of clone-cop outs and bringing back "dead" characters, tons of lost superweapons, "bio-tech" nonesense like the YV, etc). Plus we get lots of retreads of the themes already in the films. Once or twice is enough. How many more replays of ROTJ, ESB and ANH do we need? It'd be the same movie, just with updated special effects and actors that are all a few decades older.

Had he started making the Sequel trilogy around 1984, I think he could have pulled it off much easier. Sure, fans were whining that ROTJ was a "sell out" because of the cuteness of the Ewoks and the fact that Han Solo wasn't stealing the show like in ESB, but still. The popularity of Star Wars was HUGE at the time, huge. Fans weren't jaded like they are now with all the passage of time and the junk we've seen in the prequels and the EU (alongside the good of course).

This would put them right on schedule for releasing a new film every 3 years (1986 for Episode 7, 1989 for Episode 8, 1992 for Episode 9). Contrast this with Star Trek, and you see it could have been possible. This would also avoid the EU problem because the modern EU as we know it began in the mid-1990's with Heir to the Empire (sure a few books and comics were made before that, but they covered events that took place shortly before or during the movies, not after).

Had he made those films, and assuming they weren't all flops, the EU would have been very different, most likely. It's an interesting question, but obviously things didn't work out that way and I think making a sequel series now would be possible, again, somewhat akin to Star Trek (if difficult because of the fact that the original cast has moved on to other things, especially Harrison Ford) but there's the problem of the EU fans.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Kurgan

Sort of like Star Trek. They made seven movies with the aging actors from the original series and about half of them were excellent (the others were just watchable to barely watchable). The first Star Trek movie was made 10 years after the series ended. The last one (featuring any of the original cast onscreen) was made about 25 after the series

I sence a trekki!

GET OUT OF OUR FORUM TREKKIE, THIS IS STARWARS, NO STAR TREK!!!

Sorry Kurgan, I like you really, PLEASE DON'T KILL ME.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*dies*

Originally posted by guybroom

I sence a trekki!

GET OUT OF OUR FORUM TREKKIE, THIS IS STARWARS, NO STAR TREK!!!

Sorry Kurgan, I like you really, PLEASE DON'T KILL ME.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*dies*

Live long and prosper!

Heh, anyway...

Could your sig be any longer? Seriously!

• 2 weeks later...

Forget VII, VIII & IX what if (now bare with me on this) the Star Wars universe took on a kind of James Bond way of releasing movies but with no main character (like Bond) and just telling kick arse stories from the SW universe/history.

If done the right way it could work in my opinion. A movie starring a certain blue Twi'Lek (if Lara Croft can do it...) could certainly please at least a few of the users on this board :D and there's opportunity for Lucas to step aside and have someone handle the mantle without the ability to completely destroy the original trilogy and have suttle nods to the EU as well. There's plenty of material out there and I refuse to believe that there will not be another SW related movie.

Anyhoo, he made the right decision making the prequels.

I think it could be done, a sort of "Amazing stories" series like Spielberg did on TV years ago. In fact, it could be a TV series. No main characters at all. It could even be Yoda, or an old Luke, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, or any Character that you pick for that week telling a story to some Padawan or something about some long lost Jedi or of some tale of a Jedi long ago. You could even do some cool Sith stories of Palpatine teaching Ray Park (a.k.a Darth Maul) about the history of the Sith. I think that would make for a great TV show. It could even be told by the annoying C3-PO in a school type setting in the New Republic or something.

What was the book, "Tales from the Cantina" or something like that?

A TV series could end up ripping off Star Trek or turning into something like Stargate (I liked the movie, hated the TV series) or in a worse case scenario be like Freddy's Nightmares! :rolleyes:

But a TV series would be a great idea if pulled off correctly but I think movies is where all the main stories belong.

Archived