Home

What if Lucas have made Episodes 7, 8, and 9 instead?

kipperthefrog

I heard someone said the real reason a lot of people was disapointed in episode 1 and 2 becuase for years we imagined what it was like. Then, Lucas just did his own version and shatered what we wanted to see. ...or something like that.

IF THAT GUY WAS RIGHT, what if Lucas HADN"T made episodes 1, 2 and 3, and therefore LEFT the first 3 episodes to the imagination of the public's imaginations? and then made episodes 7, 8 and 9 about the an older han solo (hiring an older harison ford), luke and liea and ther children?

what would the public have thought then? who else has an opinion on what could have been in 7, 8, and 9? Raise your hand if you think Lucas SHOULD have just went on to 7, 8, and 9 or raise you hand if you are satisfied with episode 1 and 2!

To put this simply:

-do YOU think they should have made 7, 8 and 9 or do you LIKE 1 ,2 and 3?

- if he made 7, 8and 9, what would YOU like to have seen in them?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 2 or 3? No one has seen part 3 yet, so I can't comment on it. As for E-I, I was very, very disappointed. The whole Anniken as a kid, should not have had him so young and at that time in his life. I believe it should have been set (mainly) in his early teen years. Ya know, when he was actually in full on training. And throwing in some battles against the bad guys (Himself and Obi-Wan)would have made it much better than having a stupid race! I mean, he didn't even use any powers of the force during the race!

For part II, It wasn't too bad.

As for wether or not he should have done 7, 8, and 9 first... YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!! They would have had(I believe) much better story lines. Simply because the main stories(in my opinion), the most important of the saga, have been read(seen). Which will give the final trilogy the set-up (that I,II, and maybe III didn't) needed, to be even better than IV, V, & VI.

Additionally, exactly what was Mr. Lucas thinking? What if, god forbid, something happened to him? We then would have to put the fate of the (in my opinion) greatest sci-fi saga of all time in the hands of someone else. Although, seeing E-I & II, a fresh perspective might be best to end the saga, with Mr. lucas directing though not producing.

Originally posted by Darth Logande

he didn't even use any powers of the force during the race!

actually, It was said that few humans can pod race, the reason a small child like anakin could heve pod race was do to his force ability, and his heightened reflexes that came with his abilities in the force.

I enjoyed Ep. 1 and 2.

From the rumours I've heard of Episodes 7, 8, 9, I never want to see them. The prequels are cool, especially the special effects. The only thing wrong is Jar-Jar, but I'm not too sure. Someone was needed to add a little comedy besides R2D2 and 3PO. Jar was a fine idea, but not the best. He was annoying and he spoke strangely. A dimwit Rodian might have been a good idea, provided the Rodian spoke better, clearer, yet a bit squeaky. (I haven't seen Episode 4, so I don't know how Rodians speak)

• 3 weeks later...

I was talking to a friend about this same subject a few days ago. He summed it up like this:

Since we know Lucas could realisticaly only have made 1 new series. Being the prequals 1, 2, and 3. Or the sequals 7, 8 and 9.

So by making 1, 2, and 3 your able to tell the back story to some characters and plot lines that you already know and love. (sure we could argue the job couldve been done alot better but w/e). And in the end, RotJ can be considered an ending to a major story line. It wraps most everything up good guys win and bad guys die. And in all reality does anyone really want to see another actor play Han Solo, or Luke Skywalker. No not really we all love Harrison Ford being Han.

So it was IMO better that Lucas did prequals instead of sequals.

• 3 weeks later...

THey shold make the extra 3 epasodes..and then it would sorta tie in with the jedi knight gmaes! :D but we need the ep I II and III because we don't really know where vader came from and theres background on the sith and things...

Corax

Originally posted by Darth Logande

1 2 or 3? No one has seen part 3 yet, so I can't comment on it. As for E-I, I was very, very disappointed. The whole Anniken as a kid, should not have had him so young and at that time in his life. I believe it should have been set (mainly) in his early teen years. Ya know, when he was actually in full on training. And throwing in some battles against the bad guys (Himself and Obi-Wan)would have made it much better than having a stupid race! I mean, he didn't even use any powers of the force during the race!

For part II, It wasn't too bad.

People would have just cried & whined, "How'd Anakin become a jedi, where was he before then, George Lucas raped my childhood!!!!!"

I enjoyed the podrace. Kind of a tip of the hat back to American Graffitii. Pretty cool movie, if you I haven't seen it yet I suggest it :)

O no, of course being the only human who could podrace, much less being 9 years old had nothing to do with the force working through him....:rolleyes: Perhaps in the enevitable PT special editions Lucas will add force lightning spraying out his arse to get extra thruster speed, so its more apparent he is using the force. :lightning: :anakin:

Personaly don't care much for any of the EU (besides games), so anything post RotJ doesn't interst me as much. If it were up to me & I had to choose, I'm much more interested in the events leading to Anakins fall & the birth of Vader. So I'd go with the PT, I'm glad Lucas did as well.

Besides, had he made them instead, people would still cry, whine, & complain that lucas is raping their childhood, a hack, should have left it alone, etc, etc, etc.........

I think that jarjar was okay. I liked 1, 2, and 3 better. I....

anyways, the new ones were awsome, I loved em, the only plus to doing 7, 8, and 9 would be so he could show everyone that boba fett DID die in the sarlacc, I hate that more than anything, people trying to reserect him. LUCAS WANTED HIM DEAD!!!!:mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Ockniel

so he could show everyone that boba fett DID die in the sarlacc, I hate that more than anything, people trying to reserect him. LUCAS WANTED HIM DEAD!!!!:mad: :mad:

I agree completly. Stupid EU can kill off Chewie, but Boba just keeps coming back. I kind of think he had Jango beheaded to make it clear that this 1 Can Not come back (well, except for clone army form). Stupid EU Boba Fett fan boy authors. :mad:

Originally posted by Expert Player

I've heard that they are making episodes 7,8, and 9. I dont know how, because the actors are too old, but they're supposed to

And who'd you hear that from? Your third cousin twice removed?

Sorry people, it's really, almost certainly not going to happen. Actors are too old, and there's not much more story to tell. The two main antagonists died, the rebellion wins, everything is resolved for the most part.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

actually, It was said that few humans can pod race, the reason a small child like anakin could heve pod race was do to his force ability, and his heightened reflexes that came with his abilities in the force.

I enjoyed Ep. 1 and 2.

I'm with IS.

Originally posted by ET Warrior The two main antagonists died, the rebellion wins, everything is resolved for the most part.

There's more than 2 sith, just not at 1 time.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I think he's saying that the sith can be resurrected.... by.... uhmmm....... something.....

Yoda: "Always 2 there are, no more, no less."

It had been my conclusion that due to the Sith Wars there are only 2 in POWER at one time...

There's still other sith that George can make up*cough* find new ways to end his career with *cough* >_> <_<

I'm not hopeful about 7,8,9, but if they are made....:D

I'm voting for Keanu as the next sith :xp: Come on, who wouldn't love Mr. Anderson as the next Vader?

and MY point wasn't that there COULDN'T be any more bad guys, my point is that the absolute main antagonist (Sidious/Palpatine) dies at the end of 6, and the series gets a STRONG feeling of closure. An addend to the end would be, offsetting.

Archived