Home

What if Lucas have made Episodes 7, 8, and 9 instead?

kipperthefrog

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keanu Reaves? Hugo Weaving? Good ideas but what about the master himself - Give it up for the new sith leader... Robin Williams!

:confused:

And his aprentice - Eddie Murphy!?

:confused:

The pythons?

Ian Makellan?

:bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2:

I think they mean no.

But about having the prequals, in an interview Lucas said that he has always had the story there because he had to know where every one came from and how they all tied in with each other.

And if he were to make one, he would b arguing with the EU or he would do the EU as film in which case is there realy any point?

Originally posted by Poggle

I dont mind the prequel idea in general but at least doing 7, 8 and 9 would have finaly put pay to all that NJO garbage

or maybe it would have followed along the EU plotline and made people like you cry? ep 7-9 could easily have been done following the path of the Thrawn trilogy. alot of people would have been happy, and some of us just because it would make people like you cry. maybe GL didnt really want to write anything complicated anymore (explains the introduction of jar jar and the gungans) so he'd use a preexisting plotline like the ones the EU have so wonderfully laid out. can you tell im getting sick of the NJO bashing? most of the people who do the bashing havent even read the series they just have a preconcieved notion that its gonna be terrible and like to whine about it.

anywho, the sequel idea would be even more disappointing then doing prequels that arent what we imagined. i mean think about, would you accept any actor other then harrison ford for han solo? it just wouldnt feel right! it'd be.... icky. GL hesitated too long and closed that door.

now for a sequel series to come up it'd have to take place much later when the original characters have aged a whole lot. hmm maybe i should write a letter to GL imploring him to make a NJO movie series for the benefit of people like Poggle.

(sorry for pickin on you so much Poggle, no offense intended, im just an arse)

This thread is kinda pointless since there never were any plans to make episodes 7-8-9. How could there be ? there's not even a story written for it. I simply hope that no EU crap story is made into a movie or it will definately kill the franchise...:o

Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

I simply hope that no EU crap story is made into a movie or it will definately kill the franchise...:o

On the other hand, if EP VII - IX were made, it would kill off or contradict practically every EU book written.

Yuhzaan Vong? pff! What a load of crap!

George Lucas had many different plans for starwars. and at one point in time the idea was to make 9 episodes (not telling the current story stretched out, but 9 different episodes). and yes there was a story written for that final trilogy. but this was way back when luke was gonna be a girl and darth vader was just gonna have a breathing mask for walkin in space not a full suit (so a quite different story really).

yeah cuz the NJO raking in all that money really hurt the franchise. if they made an NJO movie (or movie series) it would be a guaranteed money maker. regardless of what a few internet forum goers think of the storyline.

and codja, without knowing what story would be used for ep7-9 (in theory) you cant say that it would contradict the eu at all. what if GL just used the EU to make more movies? he could pretty easily do the Thrawn trilogy and that wouldnt contradict anything at all in the EU or the movies before.

im starting to think that the EU haters are the ones who secretly have alot of trouble reading and dont like all those big words. people who think its much easier to watch idiots like jar jar binks and their wacky antics then actually pay attention to a story that somebody put alot of work into for our benefit.

so you are basically saying either :

GL wrote a 9 episodes story, then cut 3 episodes and stretched his 6 episodes story to 9, then squeezed it back to 6...

OR

GL wrote a 9 episodes story and sqeezed it into 6, then wrote 3 new episodes, then cut them so he ended up with a 6 episodes story...

I'd go for both. Seriously, an addict like me is satisfied with anything starwars, so keep the prequels and give me 7, 8 and 9. As for what they'd look like... i made a fanfic on that, but it's a bit screwed up now. But the first eight chapters are a good representation of what i think it'd be like.

I think that if they are going to film anything set after Return of the Jedi, then I think it should be a mini-series, much like Lucas's Young Indy Chronicles.

That way, he could tell smaller stories rather than the galaxy changing epics portrayed in the movies. And as GL inspiration came from the old Flash Gordon serials, maybe this is the way he'll go?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since Star Wars is GL intellectual property...his creation...he could do whatever he wanted to. He could make 7,8, and 9 set at any time he wanted to...so long as it follows ROTJ. Timothy Zahn had that very basic idea, but his novels would not transfer to film because of the age of the real life actors. That's a given. However...those Zahn novels, as much as I like them, are not truly a bonafide GL creation. GL gave Zahn some rough guidelines about what he could and couldn't write about and then said go make me some money. Assuming this is the case, GL could make Episode 7,8, and about anything he wanted to without even needing Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, or Carrie Fisher. He could make it more in tune with the EU, for example the continuation of the Jedi order. BUT he doesn't have to follow the story of Luke, Leia, or Han. We could have brand new characters, but use R2D2 and C3PO as the book ends. GL himself said that these two characters are meant to be the vehicle that the story was told from. We could travel to the future past ROTJ and see a storyline that maybe has little or nothing to do with the Skywalker family. OR if that would kill you, then keep the Skywalker family, but outdistance Luke, Leia, and Han....like NJO, but without the cheese.

Originally posted by nortenyo

Since Star Wars is GL intellectual property...his creation...he could do whatever he wanted to. He could make 7,8, and 9 set at any time he wanted to...so long as it follows ROTJ

Follow ROTJ? I'd hope so, but I also hope someone finds where TPM/AOTC follows ESB: "You must find Yoda, the jedi maser who trained me" when does that follow???

Also, I've heard a rumor that George is considering making episodes 7,8 & 9. And I have also heard from the same source that he's starting to regret the changes in the super editions (or what ever the DVD versions are called). Don't know how true it is but :p to George.

Is that off topic?

I wish episode VII, VIII, and IX would be made but it would be a little wierd for me. No Boba Fett, No Jabba, No Vader, No Palpatine! Those were all the cool villians! I liked the Dark Forces video games and thrawn trilogy but those are not Lucas ideas. I would not want to see a movie of them. Keep them in the comics, novels, and video games. I suppose he could write a trilogy on the development of the New Republic and fighting the battles between the remanants of the Empire.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont see why the original actors are too old to make the last three episodes. Many of the Star Wars books have feature characters in their 40's or older already. Its not such a huge jump. Everyone keeps saying the actors are too old like the sequels would chronicle what happened five years after the end of episode six, when in reality they should be showing what happens 25-30 years down the road just like the amount of time that seperates episode 3 from episode 4. Im not even sure how much the last three movies would have to explicitly follow the books either.

Galahad

Knights of the Alliance

http://www.allianceknights.net

the problem with making 7-9 is that unlike the other two trilogys, there is no clear story or end.

with ep 1-3, its a clear story of the rise of vader and ends with the fall of the republic

ep 4-6, its the story of the rebellion and of lukes path to becoming a jedi and ends very obviously with the death of pap and vader and the fall of the empire

(sounds like a really basic film review and im not being patronising, we all know what the films are about, it just makes my point clearer)

with ep 7-10, i would guess the main story could be the new jedi order, but where would it end, and how could he end it so that the would be no need for a futher # of episodes.

i think that its better leaving it at it is and maybe making small tv series or straight to video (or dvd now) films or even, with current technogloy and trends, don't be to surprised to see a Star Wars film made completely from CGI ala final fantasy (what that film had to do with the game series, anwers on a postcard)

as i was saying during this lecture (and it is) that maybe tv series or whateva of various EU story lines, what with the thrawn thing, the yuzza vong (i know its wrong, i dont read EU, just humour me) the New Republic, The Galatic Alliance............

The Star Wars franchise is neverending, and I don't think that any of us will ever see the last star wars film/tv prog/etc

lets just hope that they don't milk it so much that the max rebo band releases a single!

there won't ba any other episodes... 7-8-9 is and always will be a rumor, nothing more...

Star Wars is about Anakin Skywalker, his rise, his reign, his downfall and his demise. Although the OT seems to be about Luke and his friends, it's really about Vader, as the whole series is.

Archived