Home

Seperatists revealed

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I'm liking how the Separatist classes were made. They are very far from how Battle Droids in the movies seemed. All with thermal detonators, mine dispensers, the "Separatist Blaster Pistol" (is that the standard Battle Droid rifle?), one picture showing a Battle Droid using the Geonosian's sonic blaster. It seems like they couldn't get together decent classes as they're seen in the movies.

And, all of the Battle Droids are just generic... how are you going to tell them apart in the field?

Classes as seen in the movies? Hmm lets see there were battledroids... then there were the super battledroids..... and ..um... yeah.

They are just aming classes like for any other civ. Assualt, heavy assault, anti tank, pilot, and sniper. I don't see whats wrong with that. I just hope all the civs don't end up the same.

Battledroids do use different weapons then that pathetic excuse for a blaster they used in the battle of geonosis. Ever played Clone Wars battledroids used sonic blaster in that as well. I wish some people would think outside the square for once........

In the movies, which this game is supposed to be based on (not other games, sorry), all I saw Battle Droids using were standard-issue blaster rifles... none of this thermal detonator, mine dispenser, sonic blaster stuff.

Originally posted by TK-8252

I don't think I'm liking how the Separatist classes were made. They are very far from how Battle Droids in the movies seemed. All with thermal detonators, mine dispensers, the "Separatist Blaster Pistol" (is that the standard Battle Droid rifle?), one picture showing a Battle Droid using the Geonosian's sonic blaster. It seems like they couldn't get together decent classes as they're seen in the movies.

And, all of the Battle Droids are just generic... how are you going to tell them apart in the field?

Then what weapons do yyou want them to have. A gun and thats all. That was all they had in the movie yes,but this is the game. If it was all they had who would play them. I wouldn't.

You can read it at URL=www.lucasarts.com]lucasarts[/url] too now.

And about the gun issue: I can understand you don't like the things you don't have in the movie, and droids shouldn't have thermal detonators and stuff. Making it like the movies is exactly pandemic is trying, you can read it at multiple places, but in this case there was not other way.

Giving the droids nothing but a blaster is unfair, and people wouldn't want to play with them. It is also to compensate for the fact there are less drones: In the movies, you have masses of drones and only a few good guys, because the bad and good guys are balaned in this game, the droids should be stronger to stand a chance.

Originally posted by jasperw

You can read it at URL=www.lucasarts.com]lucasarts[/url] too now.

And about the gun issue: I can understand you don't like the things you don't have in the movie, and droids shouldn't have thermal detonators and stuff. Making it like the movies is exactly pandemic is trying, you can read it at multiple places, but in this case there was not other way.

Giving the droids nothing but a blaster is unfair, and people wouldn't want to play with them. It is also to compensate for the fact there are less drones: In the movies, you have masses of drones and only a few good guys, because the bad and good guys are balaned in this game, the droids should be stronger to stand a chance.

ty for re emfisizing what i sayed:)

This is just a guess, but the droideka may have a shield similar to the one used in Halo, where it deflects shots, but after a little while the shield will be drained away, and then you can be shot (and much more powerful weapons like grenades just kill you no matter what). There probably is some way to get rid of the shield though, or else some guy could just stay in one place, guarding something, and not move.

I don't know if you have already noticed this, but what happened to the Rebel's pilot happend to the Droid's pilot: It now has a repair kit to heal other droids. It seems that the pilots are also the medics of this game

Originally posted by Drax Kreiger

I don't know if you have already noticed this, but what happened to the Rebel's pilot happend to the Droid's pilot: It now has a repair kit to heal other droids. It seems that the pilots are also the medics of this game

well, for the droids it's a logical step, other droids should be repaired, not healed and that's more a job for the engineer.

I guess all factions will only have 5 units, and pilots will be engineers. A shame.

Originally posted by sabretooth

If I were to play as Rebel: Rebel Vanguard (he's the sniper, right?)

If I were to play as CIS: Droideka

If I were to play as Empire: Swooper or rocket trooper

If I were to play as Clones: Anti-Armor troop, Pilot

The vangyuard is the heavy weps man.

Originally posted by sabretooth

If I were to play as Rebel: Rebel Vanguard (he's the sniper, right?)

If I were to play as CIS: Droideka

If I were to play as Empire: Swooper or rocket trooper

If I were to play as Clones: Anti-Armor troop, Pilot

The Imperial and Clone factions haven't even been released yet.

WTF is a "Swooper"?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived