Home

RotK DVD

CapNColostomy

I just got a Entertainment Weekly LOTR Special Issue. In it are details on a few of the added footage for ROTK Extended Cut! It's gonna be 49 minutes longer! (Egads!)

I think most of you will be pleased!

1. Gandalf confronts Saurman at Isengard.

2. Aragorn treats Eowyn in the Houses Of Healing after her fight with the Lord of the Nazgul.

3. Faramir's attraction to Eowyn begins when he sees her in the Houses Of Healing.

4. Merry pledges fealty to king Theoden.

5. The Lord of the Nazgul faces off with Gandalf during the seige of Minas Tirith and breaks his staff.

6. Aragorn uses the Palantir to reveal himself to Sauron as Isildur's heir before he goes to Mordor for the final battle.

7. The Mouth of Sauron taunts Aragorn and his troops at Mordor's Black Gate, showing them Frodo's mithril shirt.

Heh heh heh! I can't wait!!!!!

Originally posted by edlib

I just got a Entertainment Weekly LOTR Special Issue. In it are details on a few of the added footage for ROTK Extended Cut! It's gonna be 49 minutes longer! (Egads!)

I think most of you will be pleased!

1. Gandalf confronts Saurman at Isengard.

2. Aragorn treats Eowyn in the Houses Of Healing after her fight with the Lord of the Nazgul.

3. Faramir's attraction to Eowyn begins when he sees her in the Houses Of Healing.

4. Merry pledges fealty to king Theoden.

5. The Lord of the Nazgul faces off with Gandalf during the seige of Minas Tirith and breaks his staff.

6. Aragorn uses the Palantir to reveal himself to Sauron as Isildur's heir before he goes to Mordor for the final battle.

7. The Mouth of Sauron taunts Aragorn and his troops at Mordor's Black Gate, showing them Frodo's mithril shirt.

Heh heh heh! I can't wait!!!!!

Oh...My...God...:eek:

The only thing I miss on that list is the Scouring Of The Shire...

Can't wait for this :D

Originally posted by Pie™

Oh...My...God...:eek:

The only thing I miss on that list is the Scouring Of The Shire...

Can't wait for this :D

Don't hold your breath buddy boy, it wasn't in the script and they never filmed it. It's a shame, but these are the movies, not the books - and the harsh truth is, they will never be as good as the books. Still f**king great though ;)

Bring on the EE! I wonder what statue they'll package with the special gift set edition this time? I want something good to go alongside my Gollum and Argonath figures :D

EE extra bits.....yeah, what about the scouring of the shire, you think theyd put that in, seeing they had to film elements of it for the thingy with Galadriel and the pool in FOTR...IIRC....

ah well, OK fellas, riddle me this

*I mentioned *a copy came my way*, I was referring to the fact that it was sisters copy....

*I no longer live in the same household as my sister, I live with my partner now, 10 mins down the road...

*Is it bad for me to rip a copy for myself....although if necessary, I could most likely borrow it indefinitely from my sister

what do you think.....

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

EE extra bits.....yeah, what about the scouring of the shire, you think theyd put that in, seeing they had to film elements of it for the thingy with Galadriel and the pool in FOTR...IIRC....

ah well, OK fellas, riddle me this

*I mentioned *a copy came my way*, I was referring to the fact that it was sisters copy....

*I no longer live in the same household as my sister, I live with my partner now, 10 mins down the road...

*Is it bad for me to rip a copy for myself....although if necessary, I could most likely borrow it indefinitely from my sister

what do you think.....

mtfbwya

Eh, as far as I'm concerned it's not bad. I know we're not supposed to "brag" about using pirated stuff here, or advocate it at all really, but I don't have a "legit" copy of it. And my reason is this. I didn't want to drop 15-20 bucks on a movie I'll be buying again in a few months (the EE version). I bought both versions of the previous two films on dvd, and felt like a dumbass both times. I'll pay full price for ROTK EE wothout complaining once, unless it's to bitch about the greedy bastards making millions off people by releasing the theatrical version first. It's all about the dough, my man. And I don't think there's anything wrong with the little man getting one by the big shots once in a while.

Actually, Astrotoy, if you listened to the Director's (and writer's) Commentary on FOTR, at the Galadriel mirror scene, Jackson states that the scouring will not be present in ROTK and that the images in the mirror are their "homage" to the event. And you'd need a hell of a lot more than that footage to do the scouring properly ;) I think the official line is that that part of the story would be seen as "anti climactic" after the big show down in Mordor...

Originally posted by The_One

Actually, Astrotoy, if you listened to the Director's (and writer's) Commentary on FOTR, at the Galadriel mirror scene, Jackson states that the scouring will not be present in ROTK and that the images in the mirror are their "homage" to the event. And you'd need a hell of a lot more than that footage to do the scouring properly ;) I think the official line is that that part of the story would be seen as "anti climactic" after the big show down in Mordor...

thanks for the heads up. I get tired watchin the damn movies theyre so damn long, let alone listening to the commentaries........ I havent even done this for the SW dvds believe it or not.. :( the only commentary Ive ever listened to is that of Arnie for Conan The Barbarian.... he's freakin hilarious ! Director John Milius is trying to talk about shooting different scenes, and special effects etc and Arnie just keeps talking about his muscles.... to top it all off, he says 'hasta la vista baby' when he signs off at the end..... funny stuff ! :D

nonetheless, the ROTK EE will be ball tearingly long now :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

nonetheless, the ROTK EE will be ball tearingly long now :D

I'm not sure I recognize that as an actual standard measure of time, but now I know that it should take around four-plus hours if I'm ever going to have my balls torn, or plan to tear at someone else's balls.

Archived