Home

Inside vehicles

Mountainforest

In a recent review I read that AT-AT will be mobile spawnpoints, so people can actually spawn in an AT-AT. I wouldn't be suprised if there will be more vehicles were this is possible, like the AT-TE.

Inbattlefield 1942 you have mobile spwanpoints as well: Aircraftcarriers. They are massive, and you can actually walk around on them.

So I am wondering if you could walk in a AT-AT. It would really be nice if an AT-AT had an interior to walk around in, to walk to the cocpit or a laserturret, etc.

Would this be possible, or is it so you will be spawned on some chair or behind a laserturret or something?

Originally posted by SonOdin

I don´t know.

But how will you exit an AT-AT if you have spawned in it? Its very high...

Will there be ropes or ladders etc..?

Look for a huge pile of soft snow and hope you hit. ;)

Originally posted by SonOdin

I don´t know.

But how will you exit an AT-AT if you have spawned in it? Its very high...

Will there be ropes or ladders etc..?

They must have doors at the legs. Better yet, just jump out of the window and land on a rebel/trooper!

And for the main thread, well, i dunno. It would be cool, but I don't think they'll do it.

If you can spawn inside an AT-AT, then I would consider that more of an annoyance than a help. If the AT-AT has to stop, or go through some animation to 'offload' passengers - then it could interrupt the flow of the game if people want to get out every two minutes. It's more likely that you'll simply be trapped inside until the driver decides to stop...and where's the fun in that?

I'd prefer it if they keep the spawn points outside of the vehicles. Besides, if people know that the other team is going to keep spawning inside an At-AT, they know they can get a huge score by simply taking it down...

I don't think the AT-AT should go through some special animation (were did you read that?). Eventually the whole team could be sitting in there with some lammer walking around and letting nobody out.

I never saw somebody coming out of an AT-AT (not in the movies, not in some game, not in some book). But in the movies we saw Darth Vader en Luke coming up in some kind of lift, so y best guess is that you enter through the legs (maybe you can't even enter without spawning inside).

If people can justjump out, then I don't see the problem from a mobile spawnpoint. As long as the game is balanced, because I believe this is a big tactical advantage.

In BF1942: Secret Weapons you also have got an other mobile spawn point: a paradrop plane. It is not possible to walk around, but you can sit in there and watch the guy sitting on the other side, and then jump out when above hostile territory.

Forgive me if this is slightly off topic--it is inspired by the spawning/exiting question and the comment about the AT-AT potentially kneeling to release people. But...

...doesn't the AT-AT itself strike you as an incredibly impractical vehicle? In Rebel Strike I thought it was clever how transports swooped in on Hoth and dropped crates full of guys. Fast, efficient. And yet the AT-AT, as cool as it is, seems outdated compared to the rest of the Empire's technology. It certainly doesn't make sense as a close-combat vehicle, and it's just too dang clumsy for a troop transport.

Originally posted by PBF

...doesn't the AT-AT itself strike you as an incredibly impractical vehicle? In Rebel Strike I thought it was clever how transports swooped in on Hoth and dropped crates full of guys. Fast, efficient. And yet the AT-AT, as cool as it is, seems outdated compared to the rest of the Empire's technology. It certainly doesn't make sense as a close-combat vehicle, and it's just too dang clumsy for a troop transport.

That's the price you pay for a transport that's invulnerable to laser fire.

its not invulnerable to laser fire. The snowspeeder's lasers were just too weak. X-wings can take out At-Ats all day and did in Isards Revenge. They are good for storming bases and do dish out quite a pounding. while their armor is strong, it isnt anywhere near invulnerable.

• 3 weeks later...

in the ign video clonetroopers kept sort of appearing from the leg area of an at-te, so that's what it probably looks like to opposing players. maybe you appear inside and it says press ? to exit or enter and you just warp outside. that's what i think.

Archived