Home

Republicans Come here

yaebginn

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm an atheist but more importantly, I'm a humanist. I believe everyone should be treated with respect and should be nice to eachother. We should try to make eachother happy instead of segregating and making others sad and angry.

I am open to the idea of a god and an afterlife, but I just don't really believe in it.

I'm open to the possibility, because as a scientist I need to be. I believe reincarnation is a possiblity also.

mostly I believe we just die and nothing happens. So I try to be happy and make everyone around me happy. Mostly I just try to make others happy regardless of what happens to me.

Noah, he was in genesis, the first book in the Bible. and his sons were married, proving it wasnt created 100 years after jesus died. and allowing gay marriage would open the floodgates to worse things.

EDIT, and no, England does not allow gay marriage. where'd you get that info? its wrong.

I dont know, seriously, where have 'we' heard it. but I am a SW genius. I know pretty much all bsides that in the last half of the jedi academy series, the jedi quest, books based on games, or KOTOR.

EDIT- I own over 70 SW books and have read or reread all of them. I even read most of the books even the ones I dont own. oh, I havent read the cestus Deception yet due to lack of fund and I am gonna wait til its out on paper back. and I havent read much of the Tales books. only two.

Originally posted by yaebginn

Noah, he was in genesis, the first book in the Bible. and his sons were married, proving it wasnt created 100 years after jesus died. and allowing gay marriage would open the floodgates to worse things.

the old testament is the book of the jews. The new testament is the book of christ, together they make the bible, which is mostly the book of GOD. Learn about your own religion. and no, allowing gay marriage won't open the floodgates to worse things, if anything it'll be better for everything.

Before this turns into a religious debate...

I'd like to remind everyone that believes homosexuality is wrong that you should: HATE THE SIN, NOT THE SINNER.

Oh and before you call me an atheist, etc.

I'm working on becoming a Christian.

So shove it. and I'm being nice too.

Originally posted by yaebginn

no, et saidwhat about marrisges b4 christianity. and God was still around then, so it was fine. I said marriage was aunion of a man and woman with Gods blessing. pay attention.

and we proved you wrong, because there are many cultures that don't believe in god and have weddings, and we proved weddings are socialogical, not religious. You can have a wedding and not be in a church, that's how I'm getting married, in city hall.

Originally posted by Ice Demon44

This isn't a negative statement toward atheists, but what are your opinions on what happens after death?

I'm not an atheist but an agnostic. But, in my opinion, it is highly likely that our fate after death is the same as it is for every other animal on the planet. We decompose and our molecules and energy (I'm not talking about anything so esoteric as a soul... just normal atomic effinities and bonds present in all matter) are transferred to other creatures and the environment.

In other words, we exist forever. We just don't know it.

There's every indication that religions have among their reasons for existence to give comfort to those that fear death and hope for those that realize they must someday die.

If people would let go of ancient, out-dated superstitions and embrace reality and what is really known about the universe and life instead of clinging to the belief in "eternal life," the world would be a better place. As it is, believers go on with the assumption that this existance is but a stepping-stone and that greater things are to come for those that adhere to dogma, which all means to them that life on "Earth" doesn't matter as long as you live up to dogma.

I live my life like this is the only opportunity I get.

one thing, you didnt prove me wrong. Marriage derived from God. People branche out and created new, false religions, and adopted marriage as their own. and Mike, I never accused you in particular of being an atheist. If you are working ot be comin a chrisitan, then thats awesome.

Homo sapiens (people) = 150,000 years old

Monotheism (i.e. Christianity) = 3500 - 3000 years old.

What's to prove? Evidence exists in cultures prior to the advent of christianity and in the absence of christianity that demonstrates marriage exists.

Evidence exists that demonstrates marriage exists in every human culture ever studied, regardless of religious belief, therefore, marriage is a cultural practice not a religious one.

only because christianity was created after jesus death. before, judeism was there. and then it evolved into christianity once the prophgecy was fulfilled. you still have yet to prove that it is cultural. it was derived from God and then people went off to create their won religions.

(ps) anyone see the president press interview thing. it should answer your iraq skeptisiscm.

Archived