Home

Republicans Come here

yaebginn

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by yaebginn

insest would is necessary for the recreation of human life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

um, didn't you previously say that you were against incest as well as homosexuality

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SkinWalker

Incest is more of a cultural taboo than a religious one, although many religions include it as taboo. While there is an increased chance of genetic-related disease (mother/father each supply 23 of their 46 chromosomes and the 23 are the same as the 23 already with the other parent), unless there is some recessive and deleterious allele the children should be fine.

The taboo is more likely a evolutionary one than a strictly cultural one, since finding diversity for the gene pool is generally a good thing for a species and will offer better opportunities for adaptation. Becuase of the cultural significance that would then develop around this, early hominids may have included this taboo in their primitive religions.

Incest is permissible within certain cultures, even Western ones. Many royals of the not so distant past in both Protestant and Catholic monarchies engaged in incestuous relationships and marriages to maintain the royal line.

Congrats to Skinwalker on saying the same thing as me, but with much more knowledge packed in!

You amaze me man. :)

Originally posted by DarthDurp

quote:

insest would is necessary for the recreation of human life.

um, didn't you previously say that you were against incest as well as homosexuality

I am against incest, but if there were only two people left, I'd rather them have kids than allow the human race to be destroyed

Wow! I thought SkinWalker's post ended the debate. I guess this thing called "debate" is infinite:D .

Yaebginn speaks on a personal level so, I assume the question is directed towards him and not all Christians. Though i see no situation where one would have to accept homosexuality.

Originally posted by Ice Demon44

Though i see no situation where one would have to accept homosexuality.

And do you also see no situation where one would have to accept black people? Or Asian people? Or white people? Or poor people? Or women? Just curious if homosexuals are the only ones who don't deserve acceptance.

with other races, at least the parts match up. and the only different thing is skin color and speech habit and such. with gays, for one, no situation would ever require for them, they cant even have kids. with other races, they can, for one, and it is irrevelvant. There are only minor differences. with gays. they are the same exactly.

Thank you ET.

See, the sad thing about humans is we don't accept each other's diversity. I see people every f***ing day that make fun of other people.

People pass me and say :koing ching wa, koi choo.

I'm like.. I don't f***ing run around you idiots and say CAR PLANE TRUCK AIR cause english sounds odd now do I?

Gay people DESERVE to be treated with as much respect as all other people, its just there are people who can't accept that.

And if we're gonna turn this into a religious topic: HATE THE SIN, NOT THE SINNER.

Humans are also the only species that wages full out warfare against its own kind over petty ass differences.

gays deserve to be treated with respect, fine. but they want to be celebrated. we dont have straight pride parades. I dont wlak around with a shirt that says 'straight pride' or a bumper sticker of the same saying. and they are just 'petty differences' they are huge, religous differences. Marriage was intended for an exclusive connection between a man and a woman. This country was founded on Christian beliefs. Maybe yu atheists cant stand tht, but it was and we should follow those principals that made us a great country. And no one has yet made me one country that has gotten any better due to gay marriage.

And you have yet to point out one that has gotten any worse due to gay marriage.

This country was also founded with slavery as a common and perfectly acceptable practice. Should we continue THAT just because that's how it always was and it made us a great country? :dozey:

Edit - and as for your 'Gay Pride' celebrations, well they have Black Pride, and hispanic pride, and every womens pride celebrations. So are we going to be upset with those groups and deny them equality too?

Marriage was intended for an exclusive connection between a man and a woman. This country was founded on Christian beliefs.

*giggles* marriage wasn't intended for anything but for families to prosper, many cultures had gay marriages.

http://www.infopt.demon.co.uk/marriage.htm

PS: the fore fathers were of pagan beliefs, the colonies however were founded on christian belief, so I'll give you a half point on that. ;)

The reason gay's march, is because of the injustice they get.

Same reason blacks march...

Same reason asians march...*not as much, but if there is ever one, you'll find me in it*

Maybe yu atheists cant stand tht

Just cause I respect gays, means I'm atheist?

*gets obi wan 13 in here*:indif:

noit isnt. it is meant so a man and a woman could be joined together and reproduce with God's blessing.

Well how do you explain all the marriages that went on before Christianity was invented? Was reproduction wrong back then?

noit isnt. it is meant so a man and a woman could be joined together and reproduce with God's blessing.

wrong

First name me a few countries that allow gay marriage.

England, Japan... I can't really think right now...

listen, i am for gay marriage, but i also don't think it is for the government to decide. whoever gets married is the bussiness of them personally, nobody else. everybody thinks because its not natural that it's their responsibility to get rid of it. no! it's none of our concern so let them be. If we start making amendments based on the bible, then we violate seperation of church and state. And if we do that, people will eventually be arrested for being muslim, jewish, etc.

the state was built on the church's principals. and I'll do some research, but I'm almost positive tht england doesnt allow gay marriage. and why was my statement wrong, insane sith? u need to explain why if ur gonna call it wrong. and christianity goes back to the begining of time, noly they didnt call it that then.

but they want to be celebrated.

Actually, I think they simply want to be left alone with exception to not enduring discrimination or exclusion to social services and privilages (married tax bracket, estate rights, health benefits, etc.).

I dont wlak around with a shirt that says 'straight pride' or a bumper sticker of the same saying.

Hmm.. I need to consider this argument in my next debate with christians. I could say I don't walk around with "Jesus wouldn't do sh**" T-shirts, or with agnostic/atheist messages on my bumper stickers the way the superstitious christian lot does.... ;)

Marriage was intended for an exclusive connection between a man and a woman.

How will same-sex marriage affect your faith? Isn't that the bottom line? Nobody is asking you to abandon your religion or your faith. Only to allow others to engage in the civil contract of marriage (it isn't a religious contract) to allow the couple the benefits entitled to married people.

This country was founded on Christian beliefs.

Really? I thought it was founded on the principle that people deserved to govern themselves and on the democratic-republic principles of Greek and Roman tradition. I don't recall any mandate to worship in the Constitution. This country was founded on humanist beliefs.

And no one has yet made me one country that has gotten any better due to gay marriage.

Has anyone pointed out a country that has gotten worse because of gay marriage? The Netherlands, Belgium, and Canada each allow same-sex marriage. They are arguably very successful nations.

christianity goes back to the begining of time, noly they didnt call it that then.

Christianity only goes back a couple thousand years. Homo sapiens have existed for approximately 150,000 + years in our current species and our ancestors (early hominids like H. erectus, H. habilis, Australapithicus robustus, A. boisei, etc) go back as much as a few million. Religions prior to christianity are present in the archaeological record in ancient Anatolia, Assyria, Greece, Mycenea, Egypt, etc. Many christian myths are directly evolved from other religions (polytheistic ones) of early times in the same regions. The Enuma Elish and Gilgamesh are early versions of Noachian flood myth.

I still think that you all understood my post...

I meant i don't see any time in the future where it will be neccesary to become homosexual

As for gay marriage I don't believe that it would directly affect anyone's lives except maybe displease them. There is no way to debate that. I am not for or against homosexual marriage, because I really don't care who marries who. Marriage is no great thing : the exchanging of vows which means nothing to some people, and a legal certificate. Just because the government states that you are married doesn't mean you are married, which goes with my belief "no one can make you do anything" So what is marriage is my question.

EDIT: I think it is impossible to debate this from a non-religious point of view yaebginn so don't waste your time. I am a christian though and share some of your views.

EDIT2: This isn't a negative statement toward atheists, but what are your opinions on what happens after death?

Originally posted by SkinWalker

Has anyone pointed out a country that has gotten worse because of gay marriage?

Originally posted by Me, before SkinWalker

And you have yet to point out one that has gotten any worse due to gay marriage.

:xp:

I like how they're almost identical sentences :D

I'm just messin with ya skin :D

Archived