Home

Republicans Come here

yaebginn

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how do you know every other religion is false? do you have any proof other than the bible? what if something weird like paganism is the right religion and you are wrong?

and one more question, if cultures that dont believe in god get married, does that mean the marriage isn't valid?

no, it doesnt mena that thier marriage isnt valid. but it doesnt matter, because unless they accpet God, they are going to Hell, no matter what religoon they are. and I nwo every other religion is false because everyone of their rleaers are dead. go to allahs grave, or muhammed or whatever, his bodies' there. buddha, same thing. with hindu, their people are dying becasue rsats eat the food, and they wont kill cows because it might be uncle herbert. so that is obviously worng and christianity is true to the core. have u seen passions of the christ?

just because all the other religions are wrong dosen't make christianity right. it can also be wrong. its illogical to believe something that you read in a book is true even when you don't have any proof. and all you religious guys seem to think that life on earth is just like a car ride, wait for the end. try to live it up once in a while, make good use of your time here, in case you r wrong.

i have seen that passion

Originally posted by yaebginn

have u seen passions of the christ?

No, I have not. But I have seen Lord of the Rings, which could be just as true of a story :dozey:

(ps) anyone see the president press interview thing. it should answer your iraq skeptisiscm.

No, I didn't, could you enlighten me what the answer to my skepticism is?

no, it doesnt mena that thier marriage isnt valid.

There. you just said it. Their marriage is JUST AS VALID even if they don't believe in your God, so what's wrong with homosexuals marrying?

and I nwo every other religion is false because everyone of their rleaers are dead. go to allahs grave

Now, I don't know much about religions, but isn't Allah the name for God? I dont think there is a grave for him. :p

And your only evidence that Jesus isn't dead and buried is the story in that book you follow. Well I've read books about wizards and dragons, but I dont believe that I'll come across one of those anytime soon.

How do you explain "God creating marriage" in other religions, such as Buddhism? I for one know that there's no "god" in Buddhism.(My parents are Buddhist)

Homosexuality is everywhere, and has existed for a LONG time. *points to Greek/Roman times*

It's just becoming a larger part because of the way homosexuals are being treated.

With that circular reasoning, its a wonder mankind made it out of the dark ages.

God may have, indeed, created man. But man existed long before Judao-Christian superstition. This much is evident in both the fossil and the epigraphic records. Artifacts exist that demonstrate that man worshiped many gods (polytheism) long before religion evolved to what has come to be accepted as the "post-axial" age by many anthropologists and sociologists. Robert Bellah outlined the evolution of religion in five separate stages: primative, archaic, historical, early modern, and modern. The historical stage he considered to be the "axial" period, in which early religions began to take on more modern characteristics such as the abandonment of polytheism for monotheism.

There is also evidence in the archaeological record of monogomous bonds with mates (de facto marriage) and even formal bonds (actual marriage).

These facts don't simply cease to exist because they threaten your belief system or faith.

As to my screen name, I've used "SkinWalker" for years. I'm an anthropology major and one of my areas of interest is the culture of belief past and present as well as world religions. A SkinWalker is a type of Navajo witch that can take the form of many beings and animals. Contrary to the Yenaldlooshi (skinwalker), I'm not evil ;)

yaebginn, I dunno if I'm just taking you wrong--

My parents made me, but God made man. ur little comedy bit was wasted. God ultimately made me, but never said he did, I said God made man. You see, long ago, God made the earth, animals, and a man named Adam, and a woman named Eve.

--but here's the scoop.

I'd sit here and potificate my beliefs, but I won't for 2 reasons. First, I'm lazy, and I don't feel like doing it now. People like SkinWalker are much better and tactful in proving a point than I am. Second, I'm not arrogant enough to think that my beliefs are superior/right, while anyone that differs from me is inferior/wrong.

So I'm free to my "religion" (I too, am agnostic), you're free to yours. Just don't shove it down other people's throats like it's a fact. It's not a fact - it's faith.

I dont hate science. I disagree with evolutiin, but dont hate science. and the reason juao/christina started so late, was there was little ned for the distinction before. there was little else.

But Evolution is supported by science. You can't just pick and choose what science you like and what you don't. That's kind of part of believing in science :dozey:

And it makes sense to you that God was okay with the thousands / millions of years that humans existed without worshiping him? But now we HAVE to or we go to hell? What happened to those people before they even knew about God? What about those people TODAY who have never in their lives been told about God? Do they get a free pass to heaven just because they didn't know? Or is it a straight ticket to hell?

if there is some guy who was borj on som remote island and never knew about God, hell go to heaven. but I dont get your million year thing. God has always been around

Wow, that's really cool for that guy on that island. He gets all the perks of Atheism without eternal damnation. That's kind of....stupid. :dozey: Not stupid for him, that kicks ass for him. It's stupid for everyone else because we got screwed.

Yeah, he's always been around, but people didn't WORSHIP him, because they didn't KNOW about him because there wasn't a bible to tell them. So what happened to them? EVERY SINGLE HUMAN before the writing of the Bible went to Heaven?

Archived