Home

To Hell with Internet Explorer...

Darth Groovy

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

B. Get mIRC to open my links in Firefox?

ChatZilla (the IRC plugin for FireFox) isn't that bad, and gets the job done.

Groovy, quit blaming it on IE, stop downloading pr0n

*runs like hell*

:D

I've tried MyIE2 before. It stinks. Real bad. I couldn't open up links in the present tab. It opened ALL links in a new tab. Its proxy configs suck, and I don't even know how to use them! :indif:

Anyways stick with IE and fix it, or get FireFox.

Run Ad-Aware as soon as you can.

Run MS Update right after that to fix latest IE holes... except for the latest one that they refused to fix until just now.

Download Opera 7.5

Use Trillian Pro instead of MIRC (or Opera's built in IRC client).

Keep IE updated and handy for sites that will only work under IE and not Mozilla, Opera, or Netscape. There are a lot, since many sites are built with software that ignores true .html standards.

Opera 7.5's popup blocker is great. The mouse-gestures alone keep me using Opera and I get ticked off everytime I have to use IE and it doesn't go "back" when I rightclick-leftclick.

As a sidebar: even the Dept. of Homeland Security Says to Stop Using IE

Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

I've tried MyIE2 before. It stinks. Real bad. I couldn't open up links in the present tab. It opened ALL links in a new tab. Its proxy configs suck, and I don't even know how to use them! :indif:

Anyways stick with IE and fix it, or get FireFox.

I downloaded MyIE2 too, and it stunk for me. Try using Avant instead, it does the open-link-in-present-tab and is very compatible with more websites than what Firefox was for me.

Besides, I got an updated Spybot in resident protecting specfically against IE spyware.

Archived