Home

WIP: Coralskipper

PR-0927

O.K., the other Coralskipper that I was making looked like poop. Now, I'm trying to make it look like it should.

Some notes:

• No animations.
  • A very good skinner will probably be needed.
  • The model will be exported, QVW Mapped, and given a starter skin by KOTORMRJay.
  • I'll try to post pictures whenever I can.
  • Feel free to help!! It will most probably be needed.
  • I'm a beginner modeler. Please don't insult my modeling, as you are lucky that someone is making this in the first place.
  • This will probably come out after my Droid Starfighter model, as that isn't exported, QVW Mapped, and a skin hasn't been applied to it yet.

Here is a picture:

coralskipperpic.jpg

Hope you're glad that there is going to be a Coralskipper. Please give suggestions!!

:fett:

It's Ok I guess, doesn't have any textures so I can't really say much, plus I don't really know what is supposed to look like from the books, just sort of like rock. But are you going to try to make the weapons like they are supposed to be? They aren't normal lasers, they're plasma and they act weird.

heh heh, I know your AIM now...

the esfere where its suposed to be the pilot (sorry dont remember the name lol) has much polys than the ones it need; also i thought this ship was done, i think i saw some screenshots a while ago, also i see you were acosed by the chat programs while you taked the screenshot lol j/k

O.K., I need to answer all of you.

Darthviper107, I already made the plasma a while back!!

MadCow1989, that is the exact picture that I am using, LOL!!

LightNinja, I am completely redoing it, as the version I made earlier didn't look like it should have.

ObiKast, it is an ugly ship. I mean, it is living, and it looks like an asteroids/rock.

Don't worry, the picture above isn't recent anymore. I changed it a ton to make it look better. I'm definitely not done yet though!!

O.K., I have been working a lot on this, and I need some feedback!!

Should I make the cockpit like the first one or the second?!?!

coralskipperpic2.jpg

Here is the real picture of the Coralskipper:

Yorik-et_coralskipper_scene_3viewRF.jpg

Please help!! I definitely need feedback. I think I'll listen to the majority of the first four people!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm i have been staring at this for a while trying to think of some feedback but the actual pics make the shape look very deceptive, my inital thought was the cockpit was way out but then i looked again and the texture decieves the eye on the real pics...good luck tho, modeling aint easy to get started with

Hindy

Yeah, I have been busy playing video games and...making Realistic Effects Mod Version 2.0 (which changes almost every single effect, changes at least some of the effects per every effects folder, and it's gonna rock). Then, I must make prefabs for KOTORMRJay for FSF, when I have inspiration, and then, I'll be working on the Coralskipper again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it is sorta like a human. Human's aren't symmetrical, yet they look very symmetrical. The Coralskipper has some un-symmetric stuff...like, the "spike-balls" on the sides, and the weird "vein" things around the front...plus, the guns are not at the same level, one is a bit too far back...as it should be.

Archived