Which saber?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which saber?

• Staff
    • Twins
    • Fast
    • Medium
    • Strong

Right, im still stuck with the demo and though the answers in my previous thread convinced me to buy the thing, this may take a while.

Im playing the second demo level a lot though, and every time i notice i am not able to beat the jedi bots with ease. That is, they all eventually die, and passing the level never is a problem, but i am simply not able to deal with them in a single well planned move unless they run straight into my Kata/butterfly/whatever themselves.

Now question is, how to do this? what are good moves do "devend"with, ie how to catch an attacking one on your blade, and what is the correct way to attack? countor moves? whatever? or should i simply stick to buttonmashing and not at all try to play A) cool and B) tactically.

Then, what saber(style) do you like best, why, which moves do you use most and do you play attacking or do you wait?

Lastly, do you guys take on three jedis at the same time, or do you lure them with your pistol?

regards, Me

My favourite style are the dual sabers. So stylish. ;) I tend to wait for an opportunity to attack rather than go on a button-mashing rampage, and I'd rather fight the three Jedi at once. =P

As for fighting, I tend to slash when there's an opportunity, and if the enemy uses a special with a big cooldown-time, I evade it and hit them with a counter-special.

fast is the best style for me

it might take a little getting used to for a beginner but if you think

and place the attack in the right places it works wonderfully

it makes a quick battle every time

also staff is a great defensive saber but dual sabers i always get killed with them also if fighting staff saber reborn do more slashes

horrizontily if fighting dual saber reborn try slashing virticly

Fast, Medium and Strong are really not seperate sabers.

Think of them as ONE weapon, all working harmoniously together to fight. ; )

One stance alone won't win you every battle, unless you're playing against n00bs or some goofed up mod...

Single saber all the way!! like Kurgan said, the stances in single saber should all be used. I dislike dual and staff sabers for the fact that while their moves look flashy, their twirling moves all take too long to complete (especially dual sabers); with enough practice you can c sumone doing those twirling moves and hit them with a blue lunge or a yellow kata.

...Banned or not, he's actually right.

Single saber only for me. I prefer to have something called skill required than simply alternating left and right diagonals and outdoing singles almost regardless of how they come at you unless their skills beat the living piss out of mine.

Plus, the force advantage is the most outrageous balance hole I have ever seen.

Out of the poll, I have no choice but to pick strong, as quite frankly it's the only style out of the three singulars that you can actually use against staff and dual without requiring stupendous timing, skill, and mouse sensitivity in comparision to the target.

Originally posted by kusanagi

with enough practice you can c sumone doing those twirling moves and hit them with a blue lunge or a yellow kata.

No offense to anyone out there, but I HATE lunge!!! People only spam it and use it to their advantage, like when you're just standing there, they use blue stance crouch and just walk forward and lunge when their right in front of you and i find thats cheating, people has been repeating this since JK2. They are doing it because they dont get enough pratice and couldnt lunge the normal way. And whenever i use a single saber; i NEVER lunge not even once.

Well thats just my opinion.....

You must really hate the dual lunge trick then... It's even more of a bitch.

But yeah, if they walk up to you like that, they're asking for it.... unless you're in a kata. Then it's your fault.

Hell, if lunging like that is cheating, staff and dual should be labelled god mode saber types.

I mostly stick with a single lightsaber, the access to the strong and fast styles is one of the main reasons. Dual and staff sabers are cool, except that they have only one stance (medium), moreover the special attack kata for dual leaves you wide open and is essentially useless, also the damge is light. The Saber staff is good, however the kata does not always connect. :emperor:

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

No offense to anyone out there, but I HATE lunge!!! People only spam it and use it to their advantage, like when you're just standing there, they use blue stance crouch and just walk forward and lunge when their right in front of you and i find thats cheating,

I don't get it. You are upset because you are just standing there and people lunge you? What's the problem? What rules are being broken to constitute cheating?

Archived