Home

For KOTOR 2 What Do You Think The Dark And Light Side Ending Might Be Like?

kookaburra

Hi There,

Do you guys have any suggestions on what the KOTOR 2 ending might be like any discriptions? Do you think it might be like KOTOR 1? or do you think it be a much better ending? post any discription of the dark and light ending you like.

^^^^^

KOTOR had an ending? When did this happen? I must have missed it. :D

I hope Obsidian is better at lightside/darkside endings!

Wait a tick!

They are adding prestiege-like classes in KOTOR 2 right?

What if they are doing an ending for each one of those 6 classes, that would make sense, each Jedi lightside ending would be similar but altered pending what your class was, the same with the Sith darkside... And that factor would encourage you play as each of those classes... At least once.

What I am secretly hoping for is that something bloody awful happens at the end(Revan sacrifices himself, someone else gets captured?), a great revelation(no ideas here, as well as that the player has to make an important choice for the Light or the Dark Side(like joining the Sith or not). Then for the Light Side ending, there's a daring escape from whatever location you are(ala Cloud City in ESB), and at the end, the remains of the Republic start planning a way to strike back at the Sith, while your party begins searching for a way to find the captured party member... while for the Dark Side, you'd have to try and stop various of the party members from escaping(killing some of them in the process, while capturing one of the party members). In the final scene, it can be seen how the Sith are continuing their conquest of the galaxy, while seeing your character being introduced as a new member to the Sith council...

... both endings leading straight into a preview of Knights of the Old Republic 3, the final chapter of the KotO trilogy where all plot lines started in the series will be tied together to a spectacular conclusion, thus ending one of the most epic storylines seen in the Star Wars universe.

(mind you, this is NOT what I'm expecting. Just what I'd love to see :) )

Hmmm... I must be the only 1 who didn't mind the LS ending for K1. Yeah, it wasn't 'super grand' or nothing, then again neither was Lukes when he dropped the Death Star from orbit in ANH.......

A celebration, applause, group shot, roll credits. I guess thats why I didn't mind it, it captured the feeling of the end of a Star Wars movie perfect, IMO.

Now, the DS ending was the pathetic one, again IMO. A few droids, just a few soldiers (o come on!!! theres gotta be more to bow before me in all my sithness), Bastila annoying the hell out of me (as usual). Absolutly nothing that feels like Star Wars (well maybe until Ep3's out).... meh. :rolleyes:

Hmmm... I must be the only 1 who didn't mind the LS ending for K1. Yeah, it wasn't 'super grand' or nothing, then again neither was Lukes when he dropped the Death Star from orbit in ANH.......

A celebration, applause, group shot, roll credits. I guess thats why I didn't mind it, it captured the feeling of the end of a Star Wars movie perfect, IMO.

I agree, I found the Light Side ending to be very rewarding. First a great redemption against Bastila due to the love that she had for Revan(I had yet to complete the romance quest on my first attempt, and when she said that she loved Revan, I found it to be a nice redemption), the final showdown against Malak(although I wouldn't mind if the 'Jedi-in-stasis' was dropped), and then the final destruction of the Star Forge. The ceremony did end things on a TPM/AN note, and that's what I really liked. (I'm only a wee bit dissapointed that despite the victory and the celebration, the Republic still almost loses and the Jedi Order is all but extinct)

Now, the DS ending was the pathetic one, again IMO. A few droids, just a few soldiers (o come on!!! theres gotta be more to bow before me in all my sithness), Bastila annoying the hell out of me (as usual). Absolutly nothing that feels like Star Wars (well maybe until Ep3's out).... meh.

Why am I suddenly getting this mental image of the 'troopers-marching-off-to-war' ending of EP2, except that only Vader and Palpatine is there, and Darth Vader is blathering on about how Palpy is now the sole ruler of the Empire? :p

The Dark Side ending... worked, I think. I found Vandar to be especially interesting near the end with his 'Then you... will lose' comment, brought me shivers... as well as the loss of all hope for Admiral Dodonna, a beautiful ending. As for the final ceremony, it kinda worked. The final bit with the Sith Fleet moving off to conquer the known galaxy was a nice closure, especially with the music, and it does leave open possibilities for Knights of the Old Republic 2. (remember, we never get to see Revan conquer the galaxy, anything could've happened)

I think KOTOR 2 has a dark side ending no matter what you did in the First game. I think this because atton rand ask you about it and you tell him revan did the light side but it still the dark side because the republic have tuck tale and ran back to the core worlds the sith are domating te galaxy and the jedi have been wiped out (except for you of course). So what you did in the first game was really pointless. :( :(

Originally posted by FiEND_138

I agree with you FiEND I liked the Lightside KOTOR ending, it was very EP4 and worked... Though with KOTOR: TSL starting out like it does I believe there is going to be a lot of explaining how we got from Celebration to Republic Armegeddon.

The Darkside ending in KOTOR also worked, yes the audience was small and they could have made it different, but it worked, with the game engine they had, and also compensating for slower computers out there.

Originally posted by RedHawke

Though with KOTOR: TSL starting out like it does I believe there is going to be a lot of explaining how we got from Celebration to Republic Armegeddon.

Yeah, I'm really curious to see how they'll explain what has happened, if you went LS in K1. Very curious.....

Originally posted by FiEND_138

Yeah, I'm really curious to see how they'll explain what has happened, if you went LS in K1. Very curious.....

Thats also got me, what can of whoopass did the Sith open up for the Republic to go from victory to oblivion?

That better be one hell of a back story... A "I need some buttered popcorn for this part of the game", like story with lots of lengthly explaining!

Unless of course the Darkside ending is the official ending of KOTOR. That would explain a lot of things...

I would love to see an ending for all 6 types of Jedi/sith. I loved both endings to KotOR, they had their own little Star Wars feelings, but it never hurts to see something new...even if it is like Ep2 :-D. But there is something that has been kind of bothering me in the Star Wars gaming community. Where are all the Jedi?! In every game there has been little to no Jedi in the Galaxy, even in KotOR when they hinted that the battle would be many Jedi vs. Many sith, instead it was many sith vs. 15-20 Jedi lol. I would just like to see a game with a whole butt-load of Jedi and a whole butt-load of Sith...and they die and live at an equal rate...a stalemate.....and THEN you are the one who turns the tide in the war...That would be a good series of games...three games of massive armies of Jedi slowly defeating massive armies of Sith or vise versa. *shrug* just my opinion.:)

Frankly, in the end, both the Light Side and the Dark Side endings have one thing in common, and that's both kept things way open.

While some say that the Dark Side ending can't work for KotOR 2 because Revan already completely conquers the galaxy in the end, we never see that. All we see is an incredibly large fleet of Sith Destroyers moving away from the Star Forge to conquer the galaxy. Who knows what has happened afterwards? Perhaps the loss of so many Jedi actually banded the Galaxy together against the vile Sith Empire, somewhat halting their progress. Perhaps the Jedi did an all-or-nothing strike, effectively crippling the Sith invasion. Hell, maybe Revan accidently slipped and fell on his activated saber, who knows?

As for the Light Side ending, well, pretty much the same story applies. Although it seems as if the destruction of the Star Forge was *the* victory that would decide the overall victory in the Sith Wars. Unfortunately, it was, apparantly, not. One should take into account that by the time of KotOR, the Sith Empire seems to have grown to almost the same heights that it was a few thousand years before KotOR during the Hyperspace Wars. Just like how the Empire did not go easily into the night after RotJ, the Sith Empire would likewise not go into the night that easily. In fact, it seems that they managed to get their act together better than any Grand Moff, Dark Jedi, Grand Admiral, Admiral or whatever ever could with Palpatine's Empire, and severely got their revenge on the Republic, decimating them, as well as the Jedi Order. A very admirable feat, one that I do hope will get some explanation without resorting to seeing a second Star Forge.

But as I mentioned, the Sith Empire did have quite a large Sith Empire. I personally always got the feeling that the galaxy was almost split 50/50 during the events of KotOR, and I doubt that the destruction of one very important shipyard(the Star Forge) will immediately create a situation where one side will automatically prevail over the other. Nope, it would seem that the situation only got more interesting after that...

Originally posted by Burrie

Hell, maybe Revan accidently slipped and fell on his activated saber, who knows?

I thought Revan and possibly Bastila was supposed to have gone into the outer rim / unexplored space or something like that for KOTOR:TSL, and Revans fate will be revealed during the game, pending what you told the game happened in KOTOR, or something like that.

I thought Revan and possibly Bastila was supposed to have gone into the outer rim / unexplored space or something like that for KOTOR:TSL, and Revans fate will be revealed during the game, pending what you told the game happened in KOTOR, or something like that.

Well, I was merely throwing out a few possibilities as to why Revan didn't automatically crush the Republic at the end of the Dark Side ending.

Ach, another thing that I hope to see in KotOR, Bastila Shan. She was one of the most important aspects in KotOR and apparantly the single reason why the Republic had not immediately lost against the Sith Empire due to her skills with the rare Battle Meditation force power. She was one of the heroes in KotOR, the princess/Leia/Padme of the party, and I sincerely hope that she's not simply ignored or referenced in a single 'Oh, she died at some point' sentence from a NPC. She was a hero for the Republic, and a traitor as well at the end. Plus, I always enjoyed how she was designed, a fine character and actually the first Light Jedi who has been officially noted as wielding a double-bladed lightsaber.

(naturally, she'd most likely only have a supporting role seeing as how she could've been easily killed at the end of the Light Side ending, but none the less, I could live with that)

^^^^^

I agree Burrie, Bastila was the most important of the NPC's in KOTOR, the entire story mostly centered around her, and Malak's search for her, not to mention the Revan Romance option, and I also hope her fate/whereabouts is revealed as well, and it better not be lame either! :mad:

"Duh... Bastila died when Darth Scion grew upset... Duh... and threw her down a shaft to the power core... Duh... and his ship blew up... Duh... That is why Darth Scion is like he is... Duh"

You know something lame like that! :D

Archived