Home

Holowan Laboratories - News @ RPGDot

CDRSeadog

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by CDRSeadog

Never a problem, Darkender.

BTW - thanks to your mentioning T7nowhere - I was able to edit my report to include him in today's report - rather than wait for some little time until my next report.

I was going to also mention there is a recruitable rancor mod that madog has wrote however he has submitted it to lucasfiles which as of yet has not posted it for download.

Hey CDRSeadog I figured it might be worth mentioning before you release your next Holowan Report that there are a few new mods that have been released that are not at pcgamemods.com

supersquall has released his Chrono Mod 1.0--A chrono trigger version jedi robes. This is released at his site.

madog has released his recruitable Rancor that replaces HK-47. This has been uploaded to lucasfiles.com as of yet they have not actually posted it as available for download.

PartyLizardJedi has released a recruit republic soldier mod at his site as well.

I figure any little bit counts in helping our favorite publicist out so that he doesn't miss the people who can use some credit.

Also please note While I uploaded another patched version of the Jabba Palace Mod I would not consider it worth re-mentioning in your next Holowan report. As I had just flubbed on the first upload by uploading the wrong archive by accident.

Whew!! Today's Holowan Laboratories report took up some little time:-)

Nevertheless, the following KotOR Mod Engineers (and their respective mods and/or modsites, of course) were featured in today's missive (and in no certain order):

(1) Achilles (good luck on your academic endeavors, my friend:-)

(2) tk-102

(3) PrtyLizardJedi (and his new modsite)

(4) Aolas

(5) Tanesh

(6) SuperSquall (all 3 mods and modsite)

(7) Illuzion69

(8) Mar Komus

• 2 weeks later...

Another Holowan reporting day...

the following Mod Engineers (and their respective mods - in no certain order) were featuredd in today's report:

(1) Madog

(2) Gsccc

(3) Mattcolejk

(4) CaptainSkye

(5) MagnoliaFan

(6) Temporarytomato

(7) ChAiNz.2da

(8) Zeonman0079

And a belated, but well-deserved congratulations to my friend, tk102 is also in order:-)

sweet!

You are indeed the 'Helping Hand of Holowan'... or would that be the 'Nodder to Modders of Holowan'... or perhaps...

I'll stop before tk102 uses one of his new "powers" ;)

You humble us with your dedication (careful, we might get used to this.. heh.. ) as always my friend, Thank You for the mention :)

*chuckles* Never a problem, my friend - and get used to it you might as well - just because KotOR 2 will be out in a few more weeks doesn't mean I will drop any new Kotor mods. Quite the opposite - as I see the Holowan Laboratories as being (once again) the leaders in KotOR modding when KotOR 2 is released:-)

So I think I'll still be around the Holowan for some little time left to come. I might even try my hand at modding it - especially as my comprehension of Xbox modding isn't even worth mentioning *chuckles again*

Speaking of which - I'd better quit chatting and get to researching - I did promise to have my Star Wars KotOR 2: The Sith Lords (Xbox) review completed by the end of the weekend:-)

For those who may wonder - I recently expanded my gaming experiences to include the Xbox and PS2.

And while I am also awaiting my pre-ordered copy of KotOR 2 for the PC - I did break down and get the Xbox version - and even worse - did my first ever Xbox game review of it (i.e. in case I lost anyone) my review of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords.

I sent the final copy in to my own Editor-In-Chief - which means, for any that might be interested - it should be posted on RPGDot sometime late Monday/Tuesday afternoon:-)

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php

Ummm - that depends, Darkender *chuckles*

You see, I started out my RPGDot reporting with a lot of creativity - which was something our readers were just NOT into *chuckles again* They want news and newsbit done in a more-or-less bland style, without a lot of extra.

However, I've always enjoyed creative writing - though, throughout most of my life, I've limited my creative works to free verse poetry and musical compositions on a purely personal basis (meaning I've never had a desire to publish).

I've discovered that I do have a creative penchant for writing gaming reviews - something my Editor-In-Chief is delighted to discover as well. And while my readers want their news bland - they do seem to enjoy the creativity I try to put in each and every review I write:-)

For those that think my reviews tend to be much more positive than negative - that is because I believe there are two distinctly types of "reviewers" - actual reviewers, and critics. I pride myself in being much more of a reviewer than a critic:-)

Originally posted by CDRSeadog

For those that think my reviews tend to be much more positive than negative - that is because I believe there are two distinctly types of "reviewers" - actual reviewers, and critics. I pride myself in being much more of a reviewer than a critic:-)

Well I always prefer that type of mentallity over those who would constantly break somebody apart that is.

Once again, it's time for the latest Holowan Laboratories report over at RPGDot.

Today's featured Mod Engineers (and their respective mods) were as follows:

(1) RedHawke

(2) Xavier 2

(3) Highcom117

(4) Deathdisco

(5) Shaggoth

(6) DarthBen

(7) Messkell

Once again, its Holowan Laboratories reporting day over at RPGDot/KotORDot - the following Mod Engineers (and their respective mods) received notice in today's news story:

(1) Darth333 (and I had some fun with that newsbit)

(2) Darkkender

(3) HULAS and the extraordinary MotOR Squad

(4) Maverick187

(5) Sketch42

(6) Oddball_E8

(7) Madog1134 (only for posting his mod on pcgamemods)

• 2 weeks later...

Never a problem Maverick187...Darth333...Darkkender:-)

BTW - I forgot to make my report to the Holowan re my newsbits of last Saturday the 19th over at RPGDot only (I'm still not totally sure why they didn't post over on our KotOR website) - anyway, this was part 1 of a two part series of Holowan Laboratories reports I intended to do to catch up on everything I had missed:-)

For Saturday's report - the following Mod Engineers (and their respective mods & modsites) for KotOR 2 were featured:

(1) RedHawke

(2) Darth333

(3) TK102 :-)

(4) Cchargin

(5) Achilles

(6) Darkkender

(7) Shimaon

(8) Liquidthex

(9) MacLeodCorp

Then today - I just finished up part 2 of my Holowan Laboratories report - with the following Mod Engineers (and their respective mods as I could find only at PCGameMods) were featured:

(1) Mar Komus

(2) Dark Jedi

(3) :USA:Hefe(I)

(4) MacLeodCorp

(5) Allronix

(6) Masterchief2491

(7) Maverick187

(8) Kampher

(9) Xcom

(10) GotGoose

(11) Illuzion69

Hopefully I've now caught up with everyone - if not, then my apology - but I've only so much time in which I can dedicate to any one report, and I can dedicate only so much reporting space to any one report over at RPGDot - if I deviate from my editorial guidelines, then the readers are unhappy. Cest le vie.

Hi CDRSeadog,

Thanks for the mention at RPGDot.

There is 1 correction that needs to be made though. I have not released MDLOps for Kotor 2 yet.

I am surprised that I caught this before my PM box got jammed with messages telling me that MDLOps is broken. :)

Archived