Home

The Official Doom3 Thread

RpTheHotrod

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Anthony

Yeah, I played all day today and got to some part where you take a short ride to the delta labs. and god... I'm not sleeping now...

Why did you post that twice with 1 hour between? :p

Oh, and Joke, it's not that scary, you get used to it ;)

I just got Doom 3 a few days ago, and im pretty impressed! Great graphics and scary gameplay :D

And i am making quick progress through the game, i took some shots along the way

doom3_1.jpg

doom3_2.jpg

doom3_3.jpg

doom3_4.jpg

Settings:

High Detail

1024x768 Resolution

Speular enabled

Bump-mapping

Shadows

Video sync off

2x AF

I'm playing on

AMD Althon XP2000+ 1.66 GHz (1664 MHz)

GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128MB

512MB SDR RAM

Even at 20+ frames is still quite smooth, and on a mid-range system! I hope i get similar resaults for Half Life 2. :)

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

I'm playing on

AMD Althon XP2000+ 1.66 GHz (1664 MHz)

GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128MB

512MB SDR RAM

Even at 20+ frames is still quite smooth, and on a mid-range system! I hope i get similar resaults for Half Life 2. :)

Whoa. Do you think that with an Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz Processor, an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB Video Card, and 1024 MB DDR RAM, that I would get the same or better results?

Originally posted by legameboy

Whoa. Do you think that with an Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz Processor, an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB Video Card, and 1024 MB DDR RAM, that I would get the same or better results?

yeah you should be able to get better performce and faster loading. Maybe similar resaults to Rp's if im not wrong

Sorry to double post, but I wanted more people to reply.

Anyways, I didn't think that zombies would get dirty and invite some of their 'friends' over when I was playing..

zombie_gangbng.jpg

If you can't tell it's around 15-20 zombies all on top of each other.

Originally posted by The Silent One

Just out of coriousity, who has tried the tweak? Just want to know if anyone has had any problems.

Took only 10 - 20 secs to load one level on a 1.6 GHz machine :D

But doesnt improve my FPS darn it!

This game has disturbed my sleep, I only sleep at like 5:00am in the morning when it's starting to get light.. Someone hold me. :'(

The trick to this is to only play during the day time, never play it during late nights or in the late evening.

The trick to this is to only play during the day time, never play it during late nights or in the late evening.

I play it in the night and evening, and I don't get scared or paranoid, it's just a game :p

Originally posted by The Truthful Liar

Why?

Cause when you sleep, all you can think about are the horrible experiences from Doom 3.

Btw, just completed the game this afternoon! The end boss was cool, but im not gonna tell you what is it. :D

Hint: Its an enemy from Doom II

Cause when you sleep, all you can think about are the horrible experiences from Doom 3.

Btw, just completed the game this afternoon! The end boss was cool, but im not gonna tell you what is it. :D

THere's already been a pic posted of it...

If you want to improve Doom 3's graphics, Junkguy just released a mod that adds parallax mapping to Doom 3! To those that don't know, parallax mapping is also known as virtual displacement mapping, and is the same thing that is in UnrealEngine 3. If you have at least a Radeon 9500 or Geforce FX card, then check out the mod linked to in Junkguy's post here

and the first one too.

I still think one of the best bits in the game is in the last alpha lab, i think...

anyway, youre walking down a wall, then some stairs, and theres a thumping noise that gets louder, and with every thump, your screen goes red for a second, and the further you go along, the redder it gets. til you get to the door

where the head thing comes through the door suddenly and tries to kill you by scaring the crap out of you :) and when your character instincively moves backwards to avoid it, it growls at you for not letting it kill you. yeah, like youre just gonna STAND there and let it get you :p silly silly demons

All in all, i very much liked doom 3, despite having to run on a lower setting than i'd like to :)

id have to say though, that i used the shotgun a good 60-70% of the time...

Originally posted by GonkH8er

id have to say though, that i used the shotgun a good 60-70% of the time...

Im not surprised, Doom 3 is mainly an in-door game so the shotgun rocks. :cool:

Originally posted by Pal™

I like that mod but the pistol seems a bit wierd, the end of the pistol is plain black for some reason, and it's one of my favorite weapons. [i increased the rate of fire to make it a bit better XD]

Open the file and delete away the pistole skin and it should be back to normal!

Originally posted by GonkH8er

anyway, youre walking down a wall, then some stairs, and theres a thumping noise that gets louder, and with every thump, your screen goes red for a second, and the further you go along, the redder it gets. til you get to the door

Great, I was just going to play it but now I'm too scared to! Thanks.

Originally posted by Pal™

Great, I was just going to play it but now I'm too scared to! Thanks.

If you dont wanna frighten urself too much. Play on low detail (Cheap graphics) cause they look so crappy that the demon looks like an art drawing and not scary. :D

I played Doom 3 the other day for about 3 minutes and had to lie down afterwards....nothing to do with the scariness, poor ole Astro has epilepsy and FPS games fu*k my head up big time.....quite dizzy afterwards, huge headache :(

lucky for me I prefer RPGs ......

*gets back to NWN* :D

mtfbwya

Archived