Home

Aliens vs Predator [SPOILERS]

BurnsU

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said the movie was just the costumes and props in it .

I thought it had a great story line ,if you read the comics and the books about the Aliens vs the Predators ,the Predators take Aliens and breed them to hunt them on more planets than just Earth.

This movie could have been good. Actually, all it needed to get a decent mark in my book was to be all gore and violence. I mean, the story was screwed when they brought in the pyramid in the middle of Antarctica.

If they just put in senseless gore and violence between the 2 monsters, it would have been all right with me. Even if the idiot director had the humans as the last species standing.

But Anderson tried to get the best of both worlds, which is impossible to do with a gore-fest. You can't make a gore-fest pg-13. And a gore-fest was, IMHO, the only way Anderson could have made this movie decent.

Exactly!

<.<

>.>

Hey, if I'm going to see a movie with "VS." in the title, I expect violence! This movie couldn't even come through with that, for the most part. I want to see a chestburster BURST OUT OF A CHEST. Not a ghey cutaway to keep the pg-13 rating.

Unlike you guys ,I dont need gore and violence to keep me entertained . I thought the story was great !!! I could care less what you guys say about it .

Yes it could have had a few more Predators in it ,but the whole point of it was to have 3 in it, because only 3 at time could take part in the rite of passage. But more Aliens ,come on ,there were enough .

I still think its a great movie !!! One question ,was the first Predator a gore fest ? How come you guys liked that one ?

The first Predator WAS a gore-fest. Maybe not as much as Cannibal Holocaust or Friday the 13th part 205700, but look at this:

-Skinned bodies? Check.

-Gunshot to head w/ blood splattering? Check.

-Guy sliced with Predator's wristblades with blood going everywere, then bieng turned into a bloody mess? Check.

-Chest blasted open with Predator's gun? Check.

-Poor little piggy getting graphically stabbed? Check.

-Head blown apart with predator's gun? Check.

-Arm blown off? Check.

-Spine ripped out? Check

Maybe you saw the edited-for-TV version. :p

Originally posted by yaebginn

Predator 1 rocked. I mean, I didnt even like the predatore part all that much. the strike team part where they assaulted that base at the beginning rocked. good film

So...you're talking about the original predator? Or AvP? Because I agree, Predator rocked hard.

Archived