Home

Vendor Item Limit

Iwok

UPDATE

A quick summary of the changes are:

· All players now have a limit on the total number of items that they may have for sale on all of their vendors combined, rather than a per vendor limit (Aggregate limits)

· The bonus for Master Merchant has been dramatically increased

The revised-revised Vendor limits are as follows:

Artisan Business III: Get 1 vendor that will hold a total of 100 items

Artisan Business IV: Get an additional vendor and a total item limit increase of +150

Merchant Novice: Get an additional vendor and a total item limit increase of +500

Merchant Efficiency III: Get a total item limit increase of +100

Merchant Efficiency IV: Get an additional vendor and a total item limit increase of +150

Merchant Management I: Get an additional vendor and a total item limit increase of +500

Merchant Management II: Get an additional vendor and a total item limit increase of +500

Merchant Management III: Get two additional vendors and a total item limit increase of +500

Merchant Management IV: Get two additional vendors and a total item limit increase of +500

Merchant Master: Get two additional vendors and a total item limit increase of +1000

Some examples of different Merchant Templates might be:

So, at Merchant Novice the player would be allowed 3 vendors and 750 total items divided between those 3 as he or she chooses.

If the player wants to go to Efficiency IV without any Management, he could have 4 vendors with 1000 total items.

At Management IV without any Efficiency the limit is 9 vendors and 2750 items.

At Master Merchant, it’s 12 vendors and 4000 total items.

/stepsontosoapbox

yes i am much to the same with holding on my venders too, i mean i have 1000 things on my 2 venders.. and i only have advertising 4. i stuck to 2 venders with in my ability ages ago.. now if they cap it, i will have to give up AS in order to get merchant back so i can have stocked venders.. what is going on??? this is outrageous.. tailor can make near 200 items as it is with 50+ color combinations... thats ALOT of stuff just in order to satisfy everyone.

less avaliblity will bumps up prices etc etc.. = a whole economic collapse as prices sky rocket.

The devs made this "game" to have 1000's of 1000's items.. look at how much junk stuff there is thats worth nothing, i delete most of mine coz its rubbish.. If they made this world with 1000's of things in, why did they not have the hindsight to see what was gonna happen.. what kind of planning is that?

im sorry but this has hit a real raw nerve for me and im sure for all crafters alike. U can say your piece on the offical forums but the devs deleted one thread already coz more than a 1000 signed it, they didnt even say why they took it down. But sign it anyhow, it is a way to make u feel like you said your bit, not nessesarily heard tho :/

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=merchant&message.id=38726

/stepsoffofsoapbox

all i have to say except i hope this dosnt go ahead, well not at the current propsed limit anyhow

The reason why they are doing this is many people are getting advertsing III, setting up a vendor and throwing items in it. I know I did.

I just wish they could do some things about making stacks bigger, like for crates and such. Would make space much more useful for people who actually need it, crafters.

I know and understand why they r doing it, and i agree with most off the proposal, except the capping... simple as that.

i cant wait to go shopping with the few venders that will actually have stuff for sale cause of the deleting of old crappy unstcked ones , but as a crafter myself they need to do something about the cap.. really.. coz we are all doomed if they keep to their plan.

they also need to sort out storge space. that way ppl wont have to use venders as ryxx rightly said. But the only way they will sort that one out is by placing a cap on salable items, like maybe 1mill, then that will stop people putting up their valuables for sale and also merchants will still be able to place Armour and Weapons and reasonably high prices :)

i think people will still use venders as storage and i know for a fact this is true on TC where it is all live now, as a back pack still only counts as one item and there is no salabe cap, so it didnt work.. us crafters will ge shaffted for something that dosnt work already.

i doubt they can push it through live.. they will see a huge drop off on crafters as crafters buy from fighters (hides and stuff), so if this happens and no crafters = fighters not getting thir wears = no fighters = no fun = no sales = end of swg :( sorry to say

thats the mean circle which we are all trapped, we relly on others buying our stuff. if we cant do that.. how do we live? we cant. therefore we die, i know i will if i havnt got a chef for food and drink, an AS for armour and a WS for weapons.

The thing is, I love chef. And I didnt even stock up my vendors yet! I have enough SPs to get 1 line of merchant, and Ill just put it into Management...If I still cant put my stuff on the vendors cuz of the cap.. Ill just make food for the guild. I already have all the resources to make everything, except Trim and Berries.

I think they need to be upped, but not alot.

It shouldn't be items/vendor, but items total. So if I have 200 items and 2 vendors, I can split it 190/10.

IE:

Business 3: 1 vendor, 50 items

Business 4: 1 vendor, 100 items

Novice: 2 vendors, 200 items

All first level skills: +25 items total

All second level skills: +30 items total

All third level skills: +40 items total, and one additional vendor

All fourth level skills: +50 items total

Master: +240 items total

Assuming my math is correct this gives master 1000 items. But, to get any kind of reasonable item limit, you've gotta put alot of points into merchant.

Why is this good? In my opinion, it makes the merchant profession be something. In the beginning I thought it would get benefits to buying, selling, etc. Like premium auctions but much more useful. But all it got was good looking vendors.

Now a full time merchant will be able to buy wholesale from the crafter (who won't have merchant, or only a little bit because he doesn't want to drop his fighting proffession) and sell to the public. Or if a crafter has limited merchant skills, he'll only make a single type of item, IE "carbines" instead of "weapons". It makes shops more realistic, I mean I can't speak for other countries, but in America not every shop is a superstore. But in SWG right now every shop has like 3 crafting professions or more represented in it.

/rant

I kinda agree with ya. I have 2 crafting skills, Tailor and Armoursmith, have to say the armour is pretty new and i have not had much for sale yet.. but .. i dropped merchant so i could be mayor tailor and AS. i still have advertising 4, but i even if i did drop AS to get back points for merchant, i still need ALOT of space..

Tailors and Architects are the ones being beat out here.. I cant go into business just making, skirts lets say for instance, tailors are a proffession in their own right, and shouldnt have to reley on other tailors making bits of one suit. Thats my thought anyhow.

i will keep my shop open, i have put AS on hold for now, as im worried about what will happen to my venders anyhow.

Archived