Home

"Rome: Total War" Demo is out!

legameboy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've played it now.

I have no reservations on buying this game (well, I didn't have any before, but the demo was so awexome). I don't think they could have done much better. I maxed out most of the settings, and it still ran at a decent framerate. W00t! I cannot wait for the full game... :cool:

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

I've played it now.

I have no reservations on buying this game (well, I didn't have any before, but the demo was so awexome). I don't think they could have done much better. I maxed out most of the settings, and it still ran at a decent framerate. W00t! I cannot wait for the full game... :cool:

God damnit, what video card do you have???

I have GeforceFX 5200, and I had to lower stuff to medium to get good frame rate.

I ran it everything high with 1024x768 no AA (I don't care for AA) and got like 30-40 fps in the middle of battle. (5700 FX 256mb with 3.2 pentium 4 and 1 gig of ram)

I used the suprise group to kill the general in the first minute :D

Then it was all about mopping up the rest :D

TiE

Originally posted by Doomgiver

They'd better hurry up this game, or my brother isn't goin got survive this... He's palyed it long enough to perfect his strategy against very hard and then keep winning for at least five times in a row...

Heh, I've done the same thing. I can wipe out the Romans very well now on the super hard difficulty. It's all about those elephants, man... :D Cavalry help out too...

It is a real time strategy in combat, but not like Starcraft, or anything. You control utterly massive armies, the likes that you could not ever dream of, in Warcraft 3 and its ilk. Each unit has a 3D representation. There can be literally thousands on screen at once.

I can't wait to storm a stronghold. :D

Haha! Good old fileplanet.

Just before 3, all you americans are sleeping or something, so no queues! and high speeds!

woo!

Awesome demo. Can't wait for the full game. Glad it's got the britons on... not the 'English' bah! I used to feel so guilty taking over wales :(

Runs full spec. But so do most things with my Radeon 9800 pro.

Cept Doom 3. Bastage.

Damn my brother and his XT-whateveritscalled.

Archived