Home

Best Film Adaptation of a Novel

JofaGuht

Eh.

Sorry, but I still like the version that I saw first the best. To me that is the movie. Can't help my feelings about it. Perhaps if I had seen the director's cut first I would feel differently, but as it stands I just don't like it as much.

I think enough has been said about this movie...

I haven't seen "I, Robot" but I'm pretty sure I am not going to like it.

I thought I, Robot was pathetic, but it has been getting quite a bit of praise from the critics for being an "action film with a brain". A brain? It just seemed like one big cliché, with Will Smith shouting "Daayam!!" and "Heyall No!" (It's 'hell', William) and robots developing feelings and/or going on a mad rampage of sorts. It was Men in Black 3 :¬:

Originally posted by Joshi

Personally, I like the 3rd remake, with brand spanking new title and everything.

Click here to see what I'm talking about

Yeah we spent several months in Cambodia filming that one. It drove us all insane. The budget was way out of control. Keep in mind that unlike Copalla's version, my movie is not about Vietnam...it IS Vietnam....

and loosley based on Hearts of Darkness....

About Apocalypse Now Redux...It shames me to say that it's the only version I've ever seen. I loved it though. Great movie, although the added part at the French plantation was a little long and drawn out. Knowing it was added, makes it easier for me to dismiss.

This is kinda reverse topic, but I'll mention it anyway. The Running Man. That book is one of my all time favorites, but the film had nothing to do with the novel at all, except that the main character shared the same name. EWWW I wish if they were going to make that film it would be done right. Anybody else feel robbed by this piss poor cinematic experience?

They generally just picked the title out of a bunch. Asimov wrote a series of books, all focused around robots and the 3 laws and such (and that doctor gal from the movie was in there a lot, there was no detective in the books) and I think I, Robot was chosen because it would be a "nice spin on the iMac" or something like that.

I, Robot, the movie, gives people something to think about if say, they liked "The Fast and the Furious" or it's sequel. It's that kind of action fan that I, Robot is pushed towards. personally, I liked it, and didn't mind Will Smith much (he's a hell of a lot more toned down from his fresh prince days and seems to be growing up now... at about 40, or whatever his age is)

Ninth Gate was good.

It was so Gabriel knightish/ Broken Swordish...

worst film addaption I've seen is Pet Cemetary.

The book was just so good, I couldnt stop reading it.

and the ending just left me with goosebumps for an hour.

the movie however, was cheesy and stupid.

there was so much potential for a good movie, I hope there will be a better remake to make the book justice.

Archived