Home

The PS2 demo thread

ZinC°hda

Turrets can only be built in pre specified areas.

One thing I noticed today which made me laugh was I chose to go as a rebel sniper and use the disguise which was a standard stormtrooper. I walked around for ages and it seemed as if I was invinsible. Anyway I walked right upto a rocket launcher storm trooper and he stopped and looked at me, as I walked around him he followed me closely he obviously knew something was up. So I then pulled my gun out which then means a lose my disguise and shoot him dead. Maybe he smoked weed he seemed kinda paranoid lol.

Another thing you can do is actually pinch your own sides vehicles, infact chuck them out of it and use it yourself which I think is good especially when your using bots as friends. There was nothing worst than playing BF:1942 and spawning on a aircraft carrier and watching all the AI bots pinch all the damn planes lol.

Ewoks are funny you can here them yell and scream throughout the game which is guaranteed to make you laugh.

AI on speeder bikes are completely crazy to say the least. Watch yourself they'll run you over in an instance.

Frame rate is smooth at all times, no slow down was witnessed by me in over 3 hours of playing it. The reason it runs so good is cuz the folliage in the tree is pretty much out of site simply because the size of the trees. And yes theres plenty folliage on the ground such as bushes :p

The Dark trooper isnt all that good in my opinion as his rocket pack is only good for one thing and thats moving from A to B. I know alot of people were worried about it being an unfair advantage. It game play terms you press the jet pack button and it fires the jet pack for a set amount of time, And you have no control over this.

Sniper Scout droid ? what ever its called is really neat and lots of fun and a must for clan matches. Basically its the size of a players head grey in colour. You launch it and then guide it as if it were your character. I flew it around for about a minute and noone seemed to notice it or even try to shoot it down although you can guarantee a human player wouldnt waste one second in killing it. It has a very small gun attached to it so you can wound people although im not sure you would come off better against a full health enemy. Hmmm not sure about this bit cuz ive only used it once but i think it blows up when it touches anything. Correct me if im wrong although i will check again tomorrow.

Third person view is great for driving vehicles. But i found it easier to shoot on foot using first person mode. No doubt the PC version will allow you too switch as and when you want to ?

Endor map is huge, probably half the size of some of the maps from BF:1942 which is fine considering Endor has no air vehicles.

Some parts of the map you're unable to move the AT-STs through. And ill also add that using the speeder bikes is a nasty accident waiting to happen lol. The time ive hit a tree or even worst a damn droid grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Sorry if theres any spelling mistakes its 2am here !!!!

:D

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TK-8252

The official site ( http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront ) claims that the Rebel Marksman will have a Recon Droid... *Shrug*

TK, there is no satisfing you is there. :p First you complain that the recon droid is in and diguise out, now you complain the other direction. So what if the site is wrong? It not the devs who made it, only some guy at LucasArts who know little about the game. I'm glad the rebels don't get the recon droid, I just hope that this isn't just an outdated version and the diguise is replaced with a recon for them.

Originally posted by TK-8252

Since the Imperial Officers are not in there, is there any way for Imperials to discover disguised enemies other than by the disguised enemy shooting?

I'm sure if you pay attention to the radar, then you can spot the imposter before he causes havok.

ok im am not sure about way to discover spies but you have to take off your disguise to shoot or to lob a grenade, but when you call in you teams jedi/sith (in galactic conquest) i.e. vader,windu,luke,dooku, they can spot people in diguise and for the last time rebels dont have recon droids and they look like sith dark eyes and when you activate them you loose control of your player ang gain control of them in i do not know how to do ord strikes

Originally posted by jedijohn

I FOUND FIRST PERSON it is indeed in the options thank you Holm your the greatest oh yeah and the turrets are accurate and take about 5-9 secs to build

:eek: , can we build the turrets in PC too? engineer class?..omg im going hype :eek:

Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat

TK, there is no satisfing you is there. :p First you complain that the recon droid is in and diguise out, now you complain the other direction.

I'm not complaining; I'm stating information which the site has provided. I'm all for the Rebel Marksman having the disguise, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Heres another question for you guys. Was there a cool animation getting in and out of vehicles? It would be really cool if there was :cool:. This will also give us a hint if they have something to get you out of an at-at, instead of just appearing on the ground.

I've got a question.....

When you choose to use a recon droid, can you switch between your recon droid and then back to you player. Or do you have to blow up the droid to return to your player.

And how far can you go with the droid before you can't see with it anymore. Or can you be a droid the enitire game and roam where ever you want to go.

Archived