Home

Was Battlefront Rushed?

Elite Jedi

well some aren't.

It's sad though they couldn't deliver on par graphics. they decided from the start to make it like that so i dont think its rushed. Rushed is when you see «OH FEK ONLY X MONTHS OVER, we'll skip Z and Y» (windows longhorne) and wont meet what they promised at first (galaxies). The officer etc were taken out for balance issues, not cause they only had 8 months left.

i wouldn't mind at all waiting an extra ±3,4 months for on par graphics with for example battlefield vietnam.

Originally posted by Alegis

well some aren't.

It's sad though they couldn't deliver on par graphics.

I for one, am glad that this game has bad graphics. I hate playing games that make you upgrade to around 2.5 gig processor and a state-of-the-art 256mb graphics card. It'll be nice to play a game that stays above 60 fps for once.

Graphics, being bad? Uh . . . .

1. The screenshots showed a great deal of detail in environments, vehicles, and effects.

2. The maps are huge. It is better for the graphics level to be lower; we shouldn't have to kill our processors to play (i.e. Doom 3).

3. IGN, which degraded the title, actually spoke well of the graphics. That must stand for something :evanpiel:

I was expecting this thread to be about the content, but I find that it's about the graphics. HUH? Um, the graphics DO look bad in most of the screenshots. You know, the screenshots that are from beta and pre-beta versions of the game and have been distorted in shrinking them to a smaller resolution. Those don't look that good.

But did you see that 20 min video though? It was filmed with a camcorder and was footage of the game on another screen, and the graphics still looked pretty spiffy to me.

Regardless, the graphics wont reach bad. From what I've seen, I am sure it will look better than, say, Jedi Academy, and Jedi Academy didn't even have bad graphics. It didn't nearly the best we can get in this day and age, but the game still looked fine. Assuming you're perceptive enough to see that JA's graphics weren't bad and completely acceptable, and assuming that Battlefron'ts graphics will be better, we really don't have anything to worry about here.

All I'm worried about is how much stuff got cut from the game. Several vehicles, probably some maps, guns, units, you name it, some have most likely have been dropped. It seems like they really wanted to stick with their release date that coincides with the DVDs. Also, as a Battlefield type game, there's a good chance of expansions, so they probably weren't too concerned missing a few things, since they can just reel in more money for it later.

I feel the game was rushed to meet the september 21, 2004 deadline. In my opinion, alot of things could of being added content wise to make the game harder. The AI help in single player stinks! I have to do all the work in the game. I missed alot of units from the movies that should of been there like wampas, kryat dragons, bespin security guards, naboo security guards, kaminoians, dwarf spider droids, flash speeder, naboo star fighter, tie interceptor, a-wing, playable slave I and millenium Falcon, and other native citizens & wildlife. I would of liked Courscant has a planet instead of Rhen Var. I can think of a couple of planets I would like to add has maps like Alderran, Dagobah, Mon Calamari, Dantoonie, Ord Mantell, Sullust, Kessel, Corellia, Rodia, etc. Instead of putting in an Tank for the empire it should of being an AT-PT Walker and the Republic Tank for the Republic should of been the AT-XT Walker. Makes more sense!

Originally posted by joesdomain

I feel the game was rushed to meet the september 21, 2004 deadline. In my opinion, alot of things could of being added content wise to make the game harder. The AI help in single player stinks! I have to do all the work in the game. I missed alot of units from the movies that should of been there like wampas, kryat dragons, bespin security guards, naboo security guards, kaminoians, dwarf spider droids, flash speeder, naboo star fighter, tie interceptor, a-wing, playable slave I and millenium Falcon, and other native citizens & wildlife. I would of liked Courscant has a planet instead of Rhen Var. I can think of a couple of planets I would like to add has maps like Alderran, Dagobah, Mon Calamari, Dantoonie, Ord Mantell, Sullust, Kessel, Corellia, Rodia, etc. Instead of putting in an Tank for the empire it should of being an AT-PT Walker and the Republic Tank for the Republic should of been the AT-XT Walker. Makes more sense!

I find you lack of faith disturbing :vadar:

Archived