Home

Idea(s) For Map(s), POST EM HERE!

Uber Sith

Now im terrible at Map making. But i know there are some extreamly talented people out there who can do amazing things with game editing tools.

I think Battlefront has massive map potential. But the space used in some maps doesnt really give space to open up some of the elements of play i really wanted and im sure the same goes for others too..

These are just a few ideas for maps that i think would work amazingly:

Death Star Assault

Ties, X-wings, Y-wings and Vaders Tiw and the Trench run. i think that it could be amazing.

Corusant

Dunno how it would work., whether within the city or in outspace. it could be a very well done map

Battle Of Endor

A snipit of ideas taken from Galactic Conquest, if possible and im sure available in the future, take contorl of capital ships and tones of fighters..

Other Massive Land Battles

Featuring tones of land vehicals. it would be wonderful

anyway if those are ever created my battlefront experiance would be complete

I'm working at some levels myself, but as we know they haven't released any tools yet. But make no mistake, when they do i will most likely put all my free time into making maps, especially larger ones than we've seen in the game. I just hope tools are released soon so i can get to work.

I'd like to see a map of the beginning of ANH

the blockade runner being sucked into the SD

Be a rebel and defend

or (myself) be an Imp - board -rape & pillage

If you folks get this figured out - to board the blockade runner would be fun!!!

Thanks & good luck with whatever you folks try :cool:

when the mapping tool is released i promisse im gonna make a new bigger better cooler geonosis with like 3 assembly places and 10 techno union ships and like 17 spawnpoints 6 at-te's and probably 5 spider droids and like 5 geonosisian starfighters and 15 gunship's and of course the spire and it wil be like 15 times bigger then the original 1.

Ik also gonna make a new naboo map for the imperials with lots of atat's.

also im gonna make a new2 hoth if prosibe with like some

x-wings and more atat's and snowspeeders.

well i hope the tool is released soon so i can begin.

Heres My Idea(S)

A)Map outside a Trade Federation Control Ship, Droids start in the hangar, and their objective is to ofcourse, kill all the naboo starfighters(that means kill until they run out of reinforcements), Naboo Fighters objective is to blow the reactor thing that Anakin Blew up.

B)Map inside the Trade Federation Droid Control Ship, CIS objective would be to defend the control center, and Republics objective would be to reach the droid control centre and destroy all the consoles.(Finally a map where droiddeka would be of real use)

thats quite a good idea but it would be cooler to just do the fighter part with lots of droidstarfighters and n1's (naboo starfighters) and thats there r turrets and taht you have to destrioy the power core and then when thats done you see a movie where the thing explodes

The only thing i really worry about is how much larger we can make the maps and how much more we can put into it without sacrificing performance. I too would like to see some big maps with an endless supply of vehicles but you have to remember balance and how much you can put in before you experience lag and low frame rates. Hopefully because the engine allows for high performance with lower end machines, this wont be a problem.

From another thread i wrote:

would like to do some maps based off the clone wars cartoon. I think a really great map would be where the republic attacks that city and the arc troopers have to fight throughout the city in order to secure that huge tower.

Another map would be the battle of calamari with the star destroyers on the water and you fight against the seperatists under water. How i can get that to work would be a good question, though as i just thought of it. Plus i think it would be awesome to have kit fisto fight alongside you somehow.

One more idea i had was one based off the omaha beach map in bf 1942 only with that star wars feel. i would have skiffs and speeders to ride toward the beach as opposed to boats. Also i would need a large sail barge or a star destroyer for republic troops to spawn from. Then i'd have seperatists instead of nazis shooting from towers down at republic troops. Also instead of a tank, i'd have seperatist tanks. I would also implement vehicles that take off from the barges or star destroyers.

I have more ideas that i'm writing down that will hopefully make it into the map pack. A big factor for these getting made is the ease of use of the editor, as hopefully we can drag and drop certain aspects to make building maps easier. Also i would hope that people jump on the bandwagon and make new models and such as i have no experience in modelling. If someone could make a scale size republic star destroyer that would be great, although it doesn't have to have that much detail but just enough for it to look recognizable and have troops run round in it. I made quite a few unreleased test maps for JA, though so i do have a bit of experience in terms of level design, layout, and a bit of scripting so hopefully no worries there.

Another thing i will emphasize is scale as i want these maps really big so that you can have room to dogfight and not leave the map easily and have to traverse a bit in order to get to the battle. Imagine speeding across the ocean in a speeder bike, whie being shot at by enemy forces. doesn't that sound awesome? You can't really do that in the retail game but the vehicles and weapons are there so i know it can be done. Also it would be nice to know if anyone knows the mile radius of some of the bigger maps in bf 1942 so i can make same size maps.

More ideas i had before i wrote this was a sea based map with island sprinkled around with 4 control points, 2 of which are republic/rebel or imperial/separatist bases. Travel will consist of modified skiffs and speeder bikes as well as either snow speeders/ xwings and tie fighters/separatist ships. I also wanted to emphasixe uneven terrain as i think the current game has too much even ground, with more hills and other nooks i think it will enable the sniper to be a more commnly used character as i dont think the current game suits that character as well as it should.

To all Mappers:

Want some great Clone War ideas, look no further than the animated series.

Muunilinst

1. Storming the City

-Troopers have to deplete Seperatist Forces outside the City to Capture the world for the Republic Forces

2. Infilitrating Command Center

-A battalion as been dispatched into the city, travel along in the city and take out the leaders in the Command Center

Dantooine

1.Grassy Nole

-Head to Head, as Separtists and Republic Forces go one on one to take each other out

:bounc5:HYPORI

1.Crash and Burn

-Republic Cruiser has crashed, surviors are completely encircled by Separatist Forces, thanks to the planning of General Grevious, What do you do, What do you do?!

A BF42 Coral Sea style:

Setting: Outer Space, just redo the Bespin Platform Map

Star Destroyer on one end is the Empire spawn. Ship cant move but players can take gunner positions inside (turrets). TIES and Bombers in the hangar attack the Rebels.

Mon Calamari Star Cruiser for the Rebels. Gunner positions and hangar for XWing and Y Wing craft to attack Empire.

Allow a space port for infantry fighting for a neutral hangar. Capture that hangar and you have an advantage of spawning closer to the enemy ship.

OBJECTIVE: Destroy the other players spawn ship and control the neutral spawn.

Please leave plenty of room to fly. And yes bombs do fall in space in the StarWars Universe look at ESB.

when the mapping tool is released i might try do the last episode of the clone wars or blockade runner. if i do the clone wars thing i could map grievous' skin and have him a jedi hero.

or interior of a star destroyer, a space battle, coruscant, theres so many ideas i dont know which one to do

Blockade Runner stuff:

http://www.netpluscom.com/~drew/starwars/index.html

I think I have a site bookmarked at home with a lot more info on the corvette ship design. Hopefully I can find it.

If the inside of the ship is too cramped, you could always expand the map to include the hanger in the star destroyer as well. The Imps could start outside the ship somewhere, and the Rebels inside. Perhaps there could be some sort of destroyable tractor beam control spawn point that the rebels could destroy.

The other thing to worry about as well is the turbollifts, i dont think the retail game has any so how would you implement that? Also if i was to map the blockade runner i would increase the width of the main hallways a bit more as to make them better for maneuvers and then have the other corridors as they are in the blueprints. The main thing is the lifts as there are 3 levels, plus then you have to put in the control ppoints at different levels as putting them all on the same level would be too cramped.

how about some KOTOR like maps

Another kashyyyk map but in KOTOR's version with a villiage in the tree tops at night time,with the beasts as native species down below on the surface of the planet.

Maybe u can draw on Taris for some more Coraurcant ideas,since the cities are similar.

Dantooine might be a fun one too,with the meadows and the Jedi academy...

Maybe some of the maps can be small tho,like with only a couple ppl on each side for a quick battle

Lovin these ideas guys. keep em coming.

Another idea here to keep those creative juices flowing

Asteroid Field

Have a Millenium Falcon Vihicle with plenty of turrent, passenger and piolet spots. a few X-wings. once more off a stationary carrier....(also with turrets)

Have TIE fighters off a Star Destroyer, the objective is to destroy either one of the 2 carriers.. Rebel Carrier and star destroyer have both equal amounts of turrets, but imperials have more TIEs. and the Star Destroyer is stronger, to balance out having the falcon there.

That and plenty of astreroid, large, small. some fraggable, some massive boulders of destruction..

A large flat map, preferrably the Dune Sea. Have the rebels start in the canyon near Luke's house (in the north). Have the imperial ground units start off at the edge of Mos Eisely(in the South), not the whole city only the edge of it. In the middle area between the two have Jabba's Sail barge(use the one from the standard Mos Eisely map) parked next to the Pit of Carkoon. There would be a significant downward slope into the Sarlacc Pit so that if u got knocked over the edge you roll into the Sarlacc to your death. Just use the Sarlacc Pit included in the game but just relocate it and include a downward slope. The Pit of Carkoon would start as a neutral zone and would be the prime fighting ground. The rebels would have x-wings and y-wings parked on the ground. And the best thing about the map would be a star destroyer looming over Mos Eisely. The Star destroyer would function the same way an aircraft carrier from BF1942 would fucntion. It could be piloted but would move very slowly, and it would also have a hangar for tie fighters and bombers at the bottom, so that the ships would fly out of the bottom hangar of the Star Destroyer the same way the speeders fly out of the hangar in Hoth. This should be a very large map with plenty of open desert between all of the land marks. This would be better for dogfighting and bombing infantry on the dunes below.

The blocakde runner map is a great idea. You could just use stairs instead of turbolifts. I think it would be really cool if you make the door between the destroyer and the blockade runner able to be blown up just like in the movie. Some storm trooper would have to set a timed mine and it would blow up the door, thus re-creating the scene from the movie. Keep up the ideas. In my experience playing with game mods, maps, and skins is the more fun than the actual game.

Archived