• Z-95
    • TIE Fighter
    • TIE Interceptor
    • TIE Bomber
    • TIE Advanced
    • TIE Defender

Originally posted by Lieutenant_kettch

umm, aren't they both imperial...

You dissapoint me RC. Go play TIE-Fighter! No wonder you like the XWA story better than TF, you dont remember the story from TF. The designers of the Defender defected, and so Thrawn (I think) oversaw the formation of the Missile Boat as a means of combating Zaarin's (the leader of the defectors) Defenders.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OHH YEAAH!!!!!! i remember now!!!! then yes, i would have to agree with you on the anti defender theory.. and i can't go play TF... i accidentally reformatted my HD... oops, hmmm, maybe i should borrow it from you again...

BTW why doesn't the new republic seem to come out with any new fighters? i mean, its not like their current ones are all that great(with the possible exception of the a-wing)

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

Ever hear of a thing called an E-Wing? How about an XJ? And didn't the Alliance use the T-Wing against the Defender?

i can't tell you about the T-wing defender thing.. howeever, the XJ IMO isn't really something baekthrough, i.e.the interceptor, advanced, or defender.

and the e-wing sucks.. slower than an a-wing, only 3 lasers, it does have heavy armor though, and decent maneuverability

Any why is it that every Alliance fighter is something-wing? The A-wing doesn't even have any wings. Same for the Y-wing, although it does resemble a "Y". And the B-wing, while it does have little foils sticking out of it, really doesn't look like a "B" - it's more like a "t" if anything.

I think they should make a Q-wing. That would be fun :cool:

My guess is that it is too keep some form of uniformity that makes it reckognizable as an Alliance fighter. But the Alliance has been known to use Z-95 Headhunters, and I am not 100% that they are the ones who used the T-Wing. Isn't there another Wing that has not been mentioned yet? Something in the New Republic era novels (I'm thinking U or something, maybe K)

Originally posted by Lieutenant_kettch

WTH? that is like calling a brand new corvette old fashioned, or a battleship old fashioined, most everything is just a revamped old thing

you can call a new car old fashioned if it is in the style of an older car (the same model is not enough, it has to be the same style). but I think it has to refer to the whole style. so if he said he likes the old fashioned X-Wing, but his favorite was the XJ, that would make sense. but he made it kinda sound like the XJ is old fashioned. i knew what he meant, but it was worded a little wierd.

i know a new car can be old fashioned, which would mean the design, which is why i chose my choice of cars, however, i also included battleships because, they look similar, but the technology is waaay different. I was just looking at the tech of the XJ, which is how i see fighters, but i will agree that the X[J] is old fashioned in a sense

Archived