Home

Vent: Welcome To The Manipulation

Darth Groovy

This is the old band I used to be in from 1995-1997. In those days my stage name was Taro.

Vent:

mARC Remp: Bass, synth keys

Taro: voices, fx/sampling

I have lyrics for whoever is interested.

I'm NOT posting "Slut Nation", only listing it. The lyrics on THAT song are not appropriet for this forum. ;)

1. Serenade

2. Headsplitter

3. Terminal Lust

4. Malice

5. Slut Nation

6. Canto

7. Megalith

8. Grim Spahn II

9. Here Lies A Man

10. Daisy Chain 4 Satan

11. Black Leather Mask

As of now, I am still missing two songs. All songs were written by Vent except track 10 which was writting by My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult. Sorry for the poor sound quality, these tapes are old. Once I find the original 4 tracks, I can remix them somewhat. Hope you all enjoy. :cool:

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Thanks Pie,

I'm posting these at the Ministry forums too, but only one song at a time. They are going to rip me to shreds, and I will enjoy every bit of it. ;)

Hehe, what I've heard so far is pretty cool, too bad about the sound quality, but it's the music that counts :)

Originally posted by Pie™

Hehe, what I've heard so far is pretty cool, too bad about the sound quality, but it's the music that counts :)

If I can find the original 4 track tapes, I think I can make it sound better. Right now, I have no idea where they are. I will also need the actual 4-track to download them again. I'm also missing two songs "suction" which is an instrumental inspired by the movie Candyman, and "Something I can Never Have" which is a cover of a Nine Inch Nails song.

If I can find the original 4 track tapes, I think I can make it sound better. Right now, I have no idea where they are. I will also need the actual 4-track to download them again. I'm also missing two songs "suction" which is an instrumental inspired by the movie Candyman, and "Something I can Never Have" which is a cover of a Nine Inch Nails song.

*wants the NIN cover* :drool:

woah, i didn't think i was gonna like this that much, but this is gonna remain on my playlist :D

The only negative thing I have to say is that the voice on Grim Spahn II doesn't sound too good IMO, but that doesn't matter much :)

[edit] w00t, post 2222 :p

Originally posted by Pie™

*wants the NIN cover* :drool:

woah, i didn't think i was gonna like this that much, but this is gonna remain on my playlist :D

The only negative thing I have to say is that the voice on Grim Spahn II doesn't sound too good IMO, but that doesn't matter much :)

[edit] w00t, post 2222 :p

Grim Spahn sounded better, but it was done BEFORE we had the 4-track, and we were never able to reproduce the coolness. If I recorded the original to mp3, it would sound kind of "bootlegged" for lack of better words. That is why that song is listed as Grim Spahn II! The Digitech TSR-12 is where I get all my vocal fx(with the addition of a distortion pedal), but once you get a good sound, if you don't log it, it is hard to replicate because there is 300 different pre-programed sound FX. Once I find that NIN cover, I will be sure to send it your way. It is not lost, I just have alot of things in storage in the house.

Grim Spahn sounded better, but it was done BEFORE we had the 4-track, and we were never able to reproduce the coolness. If I recorded the original to mp3, it would sound kind of "bootlegged" for lack of better words. That is why that song is listed as Grim Spahn II! The Digitech TSR-12 is where I get all my vocal fx(with the addition of a distortion pedal), but once you get a good sound, if you don't log it, it is hard to replicate because there is 300 different pre-programed sound FX. Once I find that NIN cover, I will be sure to send it your way. It is not lost, I just have alot of things in storage in the house.

Okay, I understand ^_^;

And the Slut Nation is cool too! :D

Originally posted by acdcfanbill

groovy, you rule ;)

AHHHH!!! just noticed something in Canto. at the end of the song, you sample a countdown, its teh same sample that Testametn uses to start off their album Demonic, only they stop the countdown at 6, and repeat 6 two more times ;)

Really? I got that countdown off a generic CD that has over a hundred samples on it.

Shocking.....positively shocking! :D

Edit: Anyone over the age of 18 who wants to here Slut Nation, PM me, and i'll hook you up. ;)

I listened to most of it yesterday (unfortunately evening was too short to listen to everything - will do during the weekend )

Nice stuff, as a "retired" musician (retired due to lack of time :( , not age :D), I can tell you that I like the color of it, there are very nice ideas and originality in there :)

You still playin in a band?

Originally posted by Darth333

I listened to most of it yesterday (unfortunately evening was too short to listen to everything - will do during the weekend )

Nice stuff, as a "retired" musician (retired due to lack of time :( , not age :D), I can tell you that I like the color of it, there are very nice ideas and originality in there :)

You still playin in a band?

Well, I don't know about orginality, it's been done before (Skinny Puppy) :p

Still good stuff :)

Im d/l a cpl as I type grooves... I gotta ask tho, whats wrong with the skinny puppy guys face in your sig, he looks like he's be.ean beat up !

did you see that south park episode about the goth kids...... damn hilarious, one was wearing a skinny puppy t-shirt......

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Im d/l a cpl as I type grooves... I gotta ask tho, whats wrong with the skinny puppy guys face in your sig, he looks like he's be.ean beat up !

did you see that south park episode about the goth kids...... damn hilarious, one was wearing a skinny puppy t-shirt......

mtfbwya

No, but I hear the video for "Pro-Test" has a bunch of goth kids, and gangster rapper kids in the street trying to out dance each other. Have not seen it yet, but I hear it is quite hilarious.

For those of us that have seen Skinny Puppy, there is just no explanation when it comes to the antics of Nivek Ogre (AKA KEVIN OGILVE)

That is what we love about him, his unpredictability, the fact that he practices performance art with a passion, and wears many hats in a live performance. If you hate THAT pic, take a look at THIS one, and you will see why I settled on my current sig!

... If you hate THAT pic, take a look at THIS one, and you will see why I settled on my current sig!

dude, thats disturbing :p

I'll settle for Glen Benton from Deicide, with the inverted crucifix branded into his forehead :) (and NO, Pie, I know its cool but you shouldnt do one too... :p )

roz421151.jpg

mtfbwya

dude, thats disturbing :p

I'll settle for Glen Benton from Deicide, with the inverted crucifix branded into his forehead :) (and NO, Pie, I know its cool but you shouldnt do one too... :p )

roz421151.jpg

mtfbwya

Nah, don't worry, I'm going for the Gaahl (of Gorgoroth) look :D

342103.jpeg

The guys want to be him, the girls think they can change him :D

Archived