Favorite ERA  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite ERA

• Old Republic
    • Empire
    • New Republic
    • New Jedi Order

Originally posted by InsaneSith

no, the sith wars took place during the reign of the old republic, thus it is in the old republic. There was no sith era, because the sith (save the empire) never had reign over a majorative of the universe.

Not true. In the Old Republic era and the rest of the galaxy's era's (before the Empire's rise) there is a large section of the galaxy under Sith rule, constantly referred to by people as Sith space. Plus, there are conquered planets, because if you remember KotOR and take that into consideration, the Republic was losing many worlds very quickly.

EDIT: OH WAIT! You said ERA. nevermind...nevermind...

DoubleEdit: However, if you chose Darkside ending in KotOR, that would bring about a Sith era...

Originally posted by InsaneSith

yes.

:rock: I was right... sweet! :D

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

I just meant that according to most sources that I have seen, there is a seperate era for the Sith era, and one for the time period from TPM to just before ANH. And the two are different enough that I think they warrant seperate choices in the poll.

That is still all just occuring during the time of the Old Republic, the Old Republic era should come to an end somewhere in, or at the very end of Episode 3.

Originally posted by DarthBuzzard

Not true. In the Old Republic era and the rest of the galaxy's era's (before the Empire's rise) there is a large section of the galaxy under Sith rule, constantly referred to by people as Sith space. Plus, there are conquered planets, because if you remember KotOR and take that into consideration, the Republic was losing many worlds very quickly.

This is still called the Old Republic era, as the Sith never conquer the whole of the Republic like the Empire does 4,000 years later.

EDIT: In KOTOR even if you choose the Darkside ending it still does not guarentee that the Sith conquer the whole Republic, if this were so there would not be a way for KOTOR:TSL to exist.

Originally posted by RedHawke

EDIT: In KOTOR even if you choose the Darkside ending it still does not guarentee that the Sith conqueror the whole Republic, if this were so there would not be a way for KOTOR:TSL to exist.

But we wont know for sure until TSL is released because what if Revan's sith DO conquer the galaxy...? :eek:

*watches his anticipation level rise another notch*

DAMNIT!

Originally posted by DarthBuzzard

But we wont know for sure until TSL is released because what if Revan's sith DO conquer the galaxy...? :eek:

We do know the Republic still exists in KOTOR:TSL because we have seen the Republic soldiers in game screenshots, everything I have read on the game indicated the Republic is on the defensive at the beginning of TSL, probably concentrated in the Core worlds, but it has not been fully defeated, this will be the same no matter which way you ended KOTOR.

Remember OE has stated the Star Forge is destroyed regardless of KOTOR's ending, so the Sith won't have their super factory to quickly replace the massive losses that would occur in siegeing the Core worlds, if you stop and think about it, the Sith probably have not advanced very much territorialy since the end of KOTOR, they would have to be more calculating and careful with their far-less disposable forces than before.

Just my 2 cents! :D

I meant seperate eras from a story-telling perspective, not from a political perspective. Most timelines that I have seen (such as theforce.net and Del Rey) consider them to be two different eras. The Sith era is about the Sith War. The prequel era is about the fall of the Old Republic and the rise of the Empire, basically everything from just before TPM to just before ANH. If we were dividing by political power, then NJO era would have to be divided by three. The beginning of NJO would have to be added to the New Republic era, the middle would have to be the Yuuzhan Vong era, and the end would have to be the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances era. I don't think the current choices are consistent.

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

If we were dividing by political power, then NJO era would have to be divided by three. The beginning of NJO would have to be added to the New Republic era, the middle would have to be the Yuuzhan Vong era, and the end would have to be the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances era. I don't think the current choices are consistent.

I was talking to coupes about that. He doesn't know eras very well, and I have since purged a majority of NJO from my mind.

I guess it is best to just leave it like it is. If we try to split choices, then where do the votes go? I was just trying to figure out how these choices were seperated, because I'm used to the eras being: Sith era, prequel era, classic era, new republic/sequel era, and new jedi order era.

Maybe we should split the thread into favorite political era and favorite storytelling era. (just kidding, of course)

There was an Era of Sith. Before the widespread of the Old Republic, the Sith were known to conquer mercilessly. This was the time when Darth Bane laid down the rule that there could only be 2 Sith Lords at a time. Long before Exar Kun.

It should also be noted that the Sith were a race of creatures before Dark Jedi went to their planet and wiped them out, taking their name.

And the Elves dark breatheren(not Drow) are called Sith. And in Ravenloft, there are beings SO evil that they're called DARK Sith...how ****ing evil man...

So many useless facts in my head.

Archived