Home

Have a drink on me!

Wildstar

For those of you who were out on patrol last night (hehehehe), my beloved Boston Red Sox broke an 86 year old championship drought by defeating the St. Louis Cardinals 3-0 and sweeping the World Series for their 6th title in franchise history.

This round's on me! :D

Kylillin, I didn't say anything after the ALCS for fear of jinxing my team, but great ALCS. Just get used to chants of "2000" and "2004" from the horde @ Fenway next season (and the former will last until the Yankees win another one).

Aw man, I thought you were referring to the AC/DC song...but, I'll take the drink anyways!

Boston played hard, and deserved to win. I can think of now better way than to break that 1918 drought with a sweep...

and to go off topic again, I made a 30 dollar bet with a friend that Red Sox would sweep...man, that money looks good in my wallet right now...:emodanc:

Originally posted by Kylilin

3. Don't get your hopes up, cause it will never happen again.

I beg to differ, my friend. I believe that it is possible that the Sox will win again. For example, when the Patriots won the super bowl in 2002, people thought it was a fluke, but they went on to win this year. As for a drink, give me a Sam Adams.

Originally posted by Kylilin

the Sox won't win again because their roster is going to crumble under free agency. I can't wait to hear your reaction once Pedro is wearing Yankee pinstripes.

If Pedro jumps ship, I can't wait until David "Big Papi" Ortiz takes him deep. :D

Anyway, I'm not worried. Signing catcher Jason Varitek will probably be number one priority, and we'll still have Schilling, Arroyo, Wakefield, and the core of our bullpen. Supplement the starting rotation with someone like Brad Radke or Carl Pavano, and although I won't say they'll repeat, they should still be competitive. Whatever happens, general manager Theo Epstein gets a pass from me next season.

Archived