Home

Homosexuality: a tool of war

Ice Demon44

Same sex marriage played a very big role in this election. Just because Kerry didn't condemn gay marriage, I know a lot of people who voted bush for this reason. I know all sorts of people who say gays are an abomination and are going to hell.

According to the Christian Religion gay people still go to heaven, because they believe if you are saved you are going to heaven no matter what, right? The christians need to get over gays and accept them as humans, it is a "sin" just like murder and can be asked forgiveness upon.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And why should something you're born as be a sin worthy of a damned existance? Why should something as STUPID as a sexual preference be cause for eternal damnation? Because Christianity as a religion is so full of itself, it can't be wrong. Its kinda like the big jock at school - Gets all passing grades, everyone 'loves' him, if a teacher fails him the coach gives him an earful and everything goes to **** for said teacher, any kid who the jock don't like gets his ass kicked, everybody else is just beneath him, and if anyone says hes wrong that person is suddenly public enemy #1.

Bah.

martyr for the cause my brother. :)

Eventually they'll kill enough to make people wonder if it's really that good of a policy.

I think if people could tell who's gay and who's not we'd have the same kind of violence we had back before the civil rights movement. Lynchings, beatings, burnings, all around hatred shown upfront for our fellowman. How christian like.

homosexuality is totally unnatural, and prolly what pissed God off enough to wipe out Sodom and Gammorah.

oh and here is what i found in leviticus chapter 18:

1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'I am the LORD your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the LORD your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. I am the LORD .

6 " 'No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the LORD .

7 " 'Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

8 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your father's wife; that would dishonor your father.

9 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father's daughter or your mother's daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

10 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your son's daughter or your daughter's daughter; that would dishonor you.

11 " 'Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father's wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

12 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your father's sister; she is your father's close relative.

13 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your mother's sister, because she is your mother's close relative.

14 " 'Do not dishonor your father's brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.

15 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son's wife; do not have relations with her.

16 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your brother's wife; that would dishonor your brother.

17 " 'Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son's daughter or her daughter's daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.

18 " 'Do not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

19 " 'Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

20 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor's wife and defile yourself with her.

21 " 'Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed [1] to Molech, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the LORD .

22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

23 " 'Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 " 'Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the aliens living among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

29 " 'Everyone who does any of these detestable things-such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the LORD your God.' "

Originally posted by Rogue15

homosexuality is totally unnatural

Not really. Homosexuality exists naturally at many animal species (more than a hundred species are reported to commonly having homosexual relations). In fact, homosexuality is quite a problem for sheep breeders, some 10% of the males prefer other males.

Homosexuality is far more natural than you sitting by the PC browsing forums.

In another thread, I stated that the Bible contains several inhuman, barbaric concepts which does lead to immoral attitudes in Christian believers...

homosexuality is totally unnatural, and prolly what pissed God off enough to wipe out Sodom and Gammorah.

oh and here is what i found in leviticus chapter 18

....case closed...

"Holy crap, score one for the bad guys, I made a gay guy!" ~ The Devil

I believe in religious relativism. Every religion is correct in its own beliefs so long as they realize that it is only their faith. It is not truth.

In my eyes, homosexuality is not something that requires this much attention. Homosexuals are people, deal with it for God's sake. (haha, what a terrible pun:emodanc) The "Lord" seems pompous to me in that he would be so stereotypical, separating the good Christians from everyone else, when everyone else is just as good as a Christian, although they don't necessarily follow that religion. :dozey:

In my opinion, God would be one that would allow anyone access to heaven and eternal salvation only judging from the good things a man does. Sexual preference has nothing to do with how we behave in the world. God would not be one who denies heaven to one because he prefers the company of a man to that of a woman.

Terrible reference, but the Bible preaches messages of a Matrix, in that all Christians are wired to the system.

"Free your mind."

:p

I have certain problems with any sexual perversion, that is, any sexual activity that is not procreative in type and nature. I'm talking plushophilia, bestiality and homosexuality.

My main problem is that perverted sex PARTICULARLY, absorbs people to the exclusion of everything else. People define themselves by their sexuality, when it is perverted sexuality.

And you know what? There are MORE IMPORTANT THINGS THAN SEX in the world. Like striving for better communities, more environmentally friendly technologies, spreading justice and equality throughout the world!

So basically what I'm saying in very very simple terms is this:

Sex for non-procreative purposes has only one purpose: fun. It is therefore no more important than any hobby, up to and including golf. As such, people should:

[*]Be allowed to do it in whatever way they like that doesn't harm others,

[*]Shut up about it, as nobody gives a monkey's and I'm tired of my television and internet being coated with a thin, greasy layer of other people's sordid interests...

[*]SHUT UP ABOUT IT, IT'S A NON-ISSUE!

[*]Not desire their perversion to be state-sanctioned by marriage or other tax breaks. I personally think heterosexual marriage should be abolished as it is an outmoded superstitious nonsense. The state should be secular and unrelated to religion, where marriage stems from. Let christians and muslims have a ceremony of marriage if they like, but should the state recognise it as an official partnership? Nope. This is why I do not believe that gay marriage should be instituted at all. And it's icky.[/list=a]

Originally posted by Kain:

And why should something you're born as

This idea is simply conjectural, along with serial-killing tendencies being entirely hereditary. :rolleyes: Are people born plushophiles? Are they genetically predisposed to get aroused when they see a stuffed-animal? Don't make me guffaw.

I believe that if I had been brought up in a specific atmosphere I'd be homosexual now. In another atmosphere I'd be a plushophile. In another atmosphere I'd be a serial killer. Nature may make one susceptible to certain types of conditioning, but nurture supplies that conditioning.

My belief in this is based on my experience of conditioning and its effects. People are so pliable, so malleable. We like to think of ourselves as unchanging, but realistically, a single event on a single day can change our personality drastically, and every personality changes from minute to minute in small ways.

Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk:

In another thread, I stated that the Bible contains several inhuman, barbaric concepts which does lead to immoral attitudes in Christian believers... ....case closed...

You actually stated that the core principles of Christianity directly caused evil.

How is God telling his followers not to be gay in any way barbaric or immoral? He doesn't tell them to string gay people up or burn crosses on their front lawn, does he. No he doesn't. And in fact, he specifically says not to hate sinners.

Your case has never been proven. To be christian is to follow god's instructions, not to try and DO WHAT HE DOES. Nowhere does god TELL his people to go around turning people into pillars of salt, no, that's his job. Vengeance is mine, and all that.

I fight against indoctrination. I fight against indoctrination of christians by the church, but I'll also fight against trendy-lefty indoctrination that makes people ignore the GOOD things in Christianity and other religions, and label them incorrectly.

That's apparently the indoctrination that you've undergone. :¬:

Wow Spider, you really are a moderate. :)

Mike Windu - Hey, lets put it this way. Why, after you created an entire universe, created all of the animals on the Earth, and then created mankind, would you allow people into heaven who do not even acknowledge your existence? Seems a little ungrateful on the humans part.

If you read all that God had done, and how much ingratitude, and foolishness many showed towards him, you could understand. He loves everybody, but why would he let those calling him stereotypical and pompous? Would you let somebody who was standing at your doorstep, calling you names, inside of your house? I don't think so. :dozey:

Originally posted by Hiroki

Mike Windu - Hey, lets put it this way. Why, after you created an entire universe, created all of the animals on the Earth, and then created mankind, would you allow people into heaven who do not even acknowledge your existence? Seems a little ungrateful on the humans part.

If God would openly show that he did exist, then I would have a good idea that he is there. Sure, he gave me free will, but it's not too free if when I use it I'd go to Hell.

If you read all that God had done, and how much ingratitude, and foolishness many showed towards him, you could understand. He loves everybody, but why would he let those calling him stereotypical and pompous? Would you let somebody who was standing at your doorstep, calling you names, inside of your house? I don't think so. :dozey:

Would you let your son, who was calling you names, inside your house?

Originally posted by Tyrion

Would you let your son, who was calling you names, inside your house?

Damn Ty...that was deep man.

By-the-by, did anyone else see that Bu$h interview where he said he supported gay-marriages?

w00t!! Look at that, Christian majority - your Presidential messiah is a damned sinner!

Why, after you created an entire universe, created all of the animals on the Earth, and then created mankind, would you allow people into heaven who do not even acknowledge your existence? Seems a little ungrateful on the humans part.
Acknowledging god's existence eh?

The christian god lets good people into heaven. People who observe christian principles. People who have fought against sin.

So if you believe that God would send a good man who did not enter the churches of christianity- to hell, then you're a slave of dogma who has little understanding of his own religion's REAL meaning and purpose and message, and you merely show your slavishness with your words. Fundamentalist christianity, what a load of silliness.

Don't bore us with that hypocritical citation of superstitious mythology.

Hypocritical because if you believed every "god-breathed" word, you would also subscribe to the nonsense in chapter 20 rather than quit reading that garbage at chapter 18.

Leviticus 20:9 says: "For every one who curses his father or his mother shall be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother, his blood is upon him."

Show me the archaeological evidence of the "Sodom" and "Gamorrah." Indeed, show me any cooberating epigraphical evidence that suggests "Sodam" or "Gamorrah" were any more real than Atlantis.

If pseudo-christians that spout all the nonsense about "hate the sin and not the sinner" would concentrate on cleaning up their own camp of the adulters, rapists, pedophiles, etc. (each of which is also against Levitical code), then perhaps the rest of the world will give them credibility or at least listen to what they have to say about those few people in the world that appear love each other enough to commit their lives to one another.

Show me the archaeological evidence of the "Sodom" and "Gamorrah."
Quite, but sadly I doubt whether anyone who believes in the Jehovaspankage in the first place, would have much trouble ignoring the lack of Archaeological evidence to support their belief. They're just that sort of people.

those few people in the world that appear love each other enough to commit their lives to one another.
Whether to allow state-sponsorship for such commitment, however, is another issue. I don't think it should happen.

That is in the old testament, where they also have a lot of farfetched rules and laws, just take a look through Deuteronomy, and Leviticus.

When I say Christian I mean in the new testament.

What I am trying to say is that the basic Christian belief is the "saved" thing. As long as you have accepted christ you will go to heaven. I agree with kain, and see how much of a minor thing sexuality is in the big picture.

InsaneSith- I thought that any sin would send you to hell if you hadn't repented, and or sacrificed before Jesus "came".

correct me if I am wrong

I believe that the Christian thing won the election in my area, I live in Tennessee.

Archived