Home

mean girls

RicardoLuigi...

i thought it was amazing. except the ending. the ending was okay, b/c it all ended well and stuff, but it was a little weird.

girl: "i wish we could all get along like we did in middle school. and i could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles, and we'd all eat it and be happy."

damian: "she doesn't even go to this school!"

ms. norbury: "do you even go here?"

girl: "no, i just have lots of feelings."

ms. norbury: "okay, go home."

that's got to be the best part of the movie.

"i'm sorry i called you a gap-toothed bitch. it's not your fault you're so gap-toothed."

"i don't hate you because you're fat, you're fat because i hate you."

"gretchen, i'm sorry for making fun of you that time you got diarrhea in barnes and noble, and i'm sorry for telling everybody about it. ...and i'm sorry for repeating it now."

any of that ring a bell? you know, where they have to stand on the table and apologize...just before regina gets hit by the bus.

Originally posted by Das Mole

that's got to be the best part of the movie.

"i'm sorry i called you a gap-toothed bitch. it's not your fault you're so gap-toothed."

"i don't hate you because you're fat, you're fat because i hate you."

"gretchen, i'm sorry for making fun of you that time you got diarrhea in barnes and noble, and i'm sorry for telling everybody about it. ...and i'm sorry for repeating it now."

any of that ring a bell? you know, where they have to stand on the table and apologize...just before regina gets hit by the bus.

I remember the scene, I just don't remember that line. :confused:

I don't get what you find so great about it though, I mean... it's a chick flick. And it's not even funny, if it was funny, I might have expressed tiny enjoyment for it, like with Notting Hill, but it was just a load of high school politics. Maybe because I went to a highschool where this kind of thing didn't happen and people just co-existed fine (like the end of the movie), but it also seemed to play on a lot of cliche`s. This is definately one of the bolder and smarter chick flicks around, but I know what I like and I don't like this.

oh. well, my high school actually is like this. maybe that's why i find it to be funnier than other chick flicks that i've seen...like legally blonde. i hate that movie. anything with reese witherspoon, i don't like. i mean, she's a good actress, but i just don't like her movies. b/c in my school, you know, there are the burnouts...and lots of band geeks are sexually active. plus, that high school is actually only 30 minutes away from my house, so if they took examples from north shore high...i wouldn't be surprised that it's a lot like my school.

regina's evil aura encompassed cady and forced her to become popular...if you remember the whole plot of the movie, you'll understand...b/c the plan was that they would "spy" on regina, so to speak...and little by little regina's ways started to rub off on cady.

and anyway, it's a movie...what do you expect? they follow a smart girl around for an hour and a half?

Originally posted by DrMcCoy

i hate it when there is a geek girl and then she's turned in a popular chick... why would anyone trade a high intellect for "popularity" (by behaving immature, stupid and ignorant)?

What was that crappy movie where they took some "nerd" and then transformed her into a babe? Only it was clear from the beginning that she was already a babe, she just tied her hair back and wore glasses. Glasses can be sexy too!

Originally posted by Joshi

What was that crappy movie where they took some "nerd" and then transformed her into a babe? Only it was clear from the beginning that she was already a babe, she just tied her hair back and wore glasses. Glasses can be sexy too!

Jawbreaker? But I LOVED that movie!

Okay, so I've never heard of jawbreaker. Doesn't really matter though, there are about a thousand of these movies going around with the exact same storyline as what I said. The one I'm thinking of had that dude who's going out with Sarah Michelle Gellar in it.

Okay, so I've never heard of jawbreaker. Doesn't really matter though, there are about a thousand of these movies going around with the exact same storyline as what I said. The one I'm thinking of had that dude who's going out with Sarah Michelle Gellar in it.

not another teen movie??

Jawbreaker was fantastic! Go hire it!

Weirdly enough, before I went into a DVD shop yesterday and it just drew my eye, and then i remembered your post so i read the back of it. Didn't really appeal to me, so I left it.

And yeah, that's the one Alien, that crappy piece of crap. And toenail, I think not another teen movie just took the piss out of that. Of course not another teen movie was actually worse than most teen movies.

• 3 weeks later...

Mean girls was just like every other movie Lindsay Lohan has been in. In fact, I've been forced to see about five of them, and I can no longer tell them apart. They're all the very, very same.

That said, I started a new school this year because we moved a long distance, and I have to say that my new school is exactly like that and the first bit of the movie was sadly realistic.

Archived