Home

Stormtrooper Mod

TK-425

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ TK42235 ... nice, long, informative post (about the pauldrons) there. glad to see that great minds truly do think alike ... QFE. :cool:

Originally posted by adillon

i was just checking out the star wars databank to see of there was anything describing the stormtroopers to help visually differentiate them. here's an idea for the squad leader ...

Officers were denoted with colored shoulder pauldrons.

as for the squad as a whole, *MAYBE* they could be sandtroopers, because ...

Desert stormtroopers, or sandtroopers, were identical to normal stormtroopers except for their specialized training and slightly modified armor. This elite corps emphasized independent-thinking more than standard stormtrooper units.

the sandtroopers especially seem to wear various types of equipment (backpacks, belts, etc). they still have the standard white color, but of all the mutliple versions of the 'trooper they seem to have the most variation.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Because OTHERS can see you. What's the point of customizing your clone if you can't see yourself?

We're talking about SP here. :p You can't see yourself in SP; they didn't even make Boss's orange skin in MP.

Well maybe I could add some of the models to MP & change some menu atributes. Also some of the weapons fetures and things. But yeah, TK is right (as always:p), I am thinking of this being a SP mod. Btw TK, there are no pictures besides the one I have posted of the inside of the stormtrooper helmet is there?

Call me ignorant but do you need "technical" shots of the inside of a stormtroopers helmet and if so what for? I'm guessing it probably has something to do with an ingame hud. Just enlighten me a little so I may beable to help a little better.

Originally posted by TK-8252

But you can't see yourself so what does it matter if you have a pauldron or not?

but according to that very lengthy and informative post, there seems to be a different pauldron used by different ranks. so, if the members of the squad were to be of varying ranks within the imperial army/navy, then the use of pauldrons (with color coordination) would help to visually denote who is who. you know, along the lines of the color/marking variations on the clone commandos ...

but according to that very lengthy and informative post, there seems to be a different pauldron used by different ranks. so, if the members of the squad were to be of varying ranks within the imperial army/navy, then the use of pauldrons (with color coordination) would help to visually denote who is who. you know, along the lines of the color/marking variations on the clone commandos ...

But they'd just all be black. Black = standard, white = sergeant (which I'd imagine you would be), orange = captain, who leads a squad of seven troopers. Unless in Sandtrooper units, regular troopers don't wear pauldrons. For a Tatooine mission, yeah they'll all have the Sandtrooper equipment, but the pauldrons would all be black ('cept yours but that doesn't matter because you can't see it).

Originally posted by TK42235

I know this is a non issue. But just out of curiosity, what about the stormtroopers in the JK games? Some of the ranking officers wore pauldrons?

I don't consider that canon. JO and JA had too many blatant errors with the Imperials (Imperial Officers with blue and brown uniforms and they all had a general's rank insignia). Look at the movies, and you'll see what must be a squad of Stormtroopers, and none of them are wearing pauldrons, but one of them must be their squad leader.

Originally posted by TK-8252

But they'd just all be black. Black = standard, white = sergeant (which I'd imagine you would be), orange = captain, who leads a squad of seven troopers. Unless in Sandtrooper units, regular troopers don't wear pauldrons. For a Tatooine mission, yeah they'll all have the Sandtrooper equipment, but the pauldrons would all be black ('cept yours but that doesn't matter because you can't see it).

denotation of the commandos in RC took some creative license. nothing there is what you'll find in the star wars databank (yet). i tend to think that creativity with an element that does attribute to stormtroopers in star wars canon is the best way to go.

the only other thing i can suggest is to give them different equipment. one has a large comm backpack, another has something else.

it's your mod, do what you want, but you seem to be shooting down everyone's ideas here. *shrugs*

denotation of the commandos in RC took some creative license. nothing there is what you'll find in the star wars databank (yet). i tend to think that creativity with an element that does attribute to stormtroopers in star wars canon is the best way to go.

the only other thing i can suggest is to give them different equipment. one has a large comm backpack, another has something else.

it's your mod, do what you want, but you seem to be shooting down everyone's ideas here. *shrugs*

I didnt shoot down TK-8252's idea of the same sort.

Archived