Home

Stormtrooper Mod

TK-425

well isn't it so that clones do have colors to seperate there ranks

the clone commando's have bigger armor and more addon's on there suit

and its more then good that thay have color's

or else a sniper will look yust the same as a heavy gunner and the commander

its a handy addition

and its true george suggested it and it whas a nice suggestion :)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well were deffinatly not going to paint the stormtrooper armor. I like TK's idea on how to tell the squad appart. So far I have decided to let there be nicknames for the troopers. For the leader (you) I like TK's idea, "Sarge" but I'm not sure about the other ones. I want them to be really good nicknames. Also, "Saber" company, I'm ok with but it sounds to Jedi'ish to me. But i'm ok with it being I cant think of anything better. Btw, bare with me as I dont have SWRC yet. I need a new computer to play it wich is in the works. And TK, what do you suggest the weapons to be changed to besides the BlasTech E-11 and the (BlasTech?) DC-15 Blaster Pistol? And do you guys think there sould be more than just 4 squad members?

The pistol shouldn't be the DC-15s Side Arm Blaster; it should be the pistol in my signature. I'm not sure but I think it's an SE-14r Blaster Pistol.

There would be all new weapons, but they wouldn't need to be named until missions with new NPC's are made with modding tools. Most weapons I imagine wouldn't be able to be picked up by the player, because they're the same as the player's weapons. For example, a Rebel Fleet Trooper's DH-17 Blaster Pistol would be the same as your SE-14r Blaster Pistol. But you could pick up weapons like say, a Rebel Hoth Soldier's heavy blaster cannon which could deal the same firepower as say, a Super Battle Droid's blaster.

I don't think there should be more than 4 squad members, because the enemies are gonna be pretty easy to kill. There's Rebels troops, Tusken Raiders, Jawas, Ewoks, and maybe some of Jabba's gangsters on Tatooine. The enemies are pretty weak, and with an extra squadmate it'd be way too easy.

TK, is there a cirtain process I have to follow to Code the Troopers? As in do I have to make them all have the same first to letters? What do I have to do to come up with the numbers? Just pull it all out of the air?

How about, insteand of patterns, or maybe in addition to patters:

Shoulder Shields with differnet colors, repsective to their sheild color.

Yeah, i know its not by-the-book star wars, but the commandos arent either. I say is its too limited, imagination (which makes good games in my opinion) is eliminated.

For names, I think these will be cool

Pyro- Demolition

Snap- Sniper

Ridge-Slicer/Hacker

Cheif-Squad Leader

Possible Patterns

01- Double Blue thick acents around the eyes, and drops down at the cheek bone to the chin

02- Red Stipesfrom the back of head, over the top and coming to a sharp point at the forehead

03- Yellow Lines outlining the built in rebreather, eyes, and mouth

04- Green Lines coming down the middle af the face, and thickening at the chin

05-Purple pinestripes that compliments the curves of the helmet

06- Black Tribal Marks. More on the right side thgan the left side

07-pinstripes of red, black, and yellow

*whew*

Stormtroopers don't have stripes or "tribal marks."

And no, Clone Commandos are by-the-book Star Wars. It was in fact George himself who suggested that the commandos wear color-coded armor to emphasize their personality.

Oh and... it's spelled chief. I before E except after C. ;)

Hmm... I dont know, maybe they didnt have as good of a recognition system in thier helmets as the stormtroopers?

Oh, and tell me what you guys think about what I've come up with. Thanks to Redtech for the core material.

Saber company

Code: TK-8041

Name: Rayce Gorshun

Nickname: Sarge

Profile: Usually barking out orders, Gorshun is a veteran approaching retirement age, Rayce has lead dozens of troopers under his command, many have moved on, but many died through their own stupidity. As such, he tries not to get emotionally attached to his unit although he looks upon them like his children and the unit as his family. Despite receiving many commendations for bravery and performance attributes, Gorshun declined the chance of any further promotion to continue to play a far more active role in the Empire's ranks. A model trooper that many aspire to be. Gorshun has survived by not playing by the rules. But instead of throwing out the rulebooks, as many younger troopers have mistakenly done, he prefers to add new pages. He is known to be very much in control and is flexible, using enemy weapons or his bare hands to destroy a target if need be. Nothing stops the mission succeeding.

As any other Imperial Trooper he is unmarried and has no children. The squad is literally his family and he secretly fears that without it, he may as well not exist.

Code: TK-3277

Name: Thrak Jal'daan

Nickname: Snipe

Profile: A prodigiously gifted sniper, Jal'daan ascended through the ranks quickly solely due to his excellent marksmanship and amazing kill ratios. This has lead to suspicion that he is force-talented, which is immediately rebuked with swear words as violent as his kills and has lead to minor scuffles in the past. Unknowingly, he is force-talented, but not enough to do any significant feats of 'Jedi Magic'. Rather, he would say he has a 'gift' for knowing precisely where an enemy's vital organs are. At home with a scope equipped weapon, he is deadly at close range as well, simply because he absolutely hates being disturbed by friend or foe from his sniping. Thrak insists on calling the others by their designated numbers, rather than the nicknames they acquired.

He is cool, and almost unemotional from the outside, despite simmering deep inside, yet is fairly tolerant and enjoys leading from a supporting role, after all, he knows exactly where everyone is.

A career soldier, Jal'daan plans to one day lead a squad of his own and while he enjoys being under the control of Rayce Gorshun, Thrak is not comfortable with Sarge's unconventional methods, especially ones Gorshun rebukes others for doing. Jal'daan is a by-the-book trooper. Also, he never wants Scur Gunnar to watch his back..

Code: TK-7331

Name: Scur Gunnar

Nickname: Grudge

Profile: Possibly the exact opposite of Sarge, Gunnar is coarse-mouthed and very violent, even by trooper standards. He follows the Emperor's anti-non-human sentiment to substantial lengths. As a youth from a relatively poor family, he was constantly frustrated with, and sometimes paranoid of non-humans, especially Rodians, some of their "foreign smells" and their "green slimy looks" and worst of all, (eluding mostly to the Huts) their criminals. His parents were killed by a group of non-humans affiliated with Huts, and their bodies thrown into a trash compactor when their search for valuables proved empty.

Gunnar immediately signed up to become a trooper 2 years underage. When his test scores came back, the shock of the recruitment officers made him immediately accepted. Tatooine was his first assignment, and Gunnar would say that it was the second worst moment of his entire life.

Gunnar has received many reprimands for excessive force, for destroying houses, religious temples, or public utilities in order to complete the mission, but they are all turned into commendations. When a criminal cell is wiped out in a single explosion, or a known bounty hunter is killed when his landspeeder explodes, or a rebel informant (and her family) are killed in their own home, people pay attention. He's an efficient killer with a fatalist sense of humor, and personally, Gunnar doesn't see any problems with his methods. After all, they're not human. Just don't get him started about the Rebels. He hates them even more.

Code: TK-4016

Name: Ben Hanton

Nickname: Tie

Profile: The youngest, wittiest and most sarcastic trooper in the squad, originally, Ben planned on entering the Imperial academy to become a pilot. However, despite a consistent high score, he failed the final exams and dropped out. He doesn't begrudge being a trooper however, infact, he has a zeal which often frustrates his squad. Yet none would say he doesn't deserve a second chance, after all, it was a stand-off between the rebels and the imperials that lead to the death of Hanton's mother and the resultant test failure. He knows the rebels killed his mother and as such, Ben can't stand them, but not to the levels of Gunnar, although Scur is sympathetic and tends to call him "kid brother", mainly to annoy him.

Hanton is very by-the-book and so tends to empathize with Jal'Daan the most, when things get ugly, although Hanton is not afraid of 'borrowing' a weapon and turning it on its former owner. Ben is known for using an E11 like the bolts came out of his hands and is a surprisingly good shot regardless. He still has a love for space/air craft, and an equal obsession with technology, and talks about those things constantly, which is a good distraction in between the regular bouts of chaos. He enjoys traveling to new locations and likes to have almost sadistic fun when everyone else is loosing their heads...literally.

And no, Clone Commandos are by-the-book Star Wars. It was in fact George himself who suggested that the commandos wear color-coded armor to emphasize their personality"

oh ok, but, now Im not an all out star wars person, but isnt that like lucas' "mod", so to speak. I say let imagination take place of "the

correct way , cus its the fans that make star wars happen, and this mod, it would be pretty dull if the stormies had just their armor, nothing unique

Does this look boring?

rc_header.jpg

Plus, these ideas are wonderful, and I feel there good enough. Is it really that important that you know exactly wich trooper is planting a device?

Originally posted by TK-8252

There could be little things like maybe Wings gets a holster, Scope gets some ammo pouches on his belt (like on Sandtroopers), Grudge's armor is especially dirty, stuff like that.

Originally posted by TK-425

I think probably if its postible have the number and rank (mabe the name of the trooper?) like http://www.stardestroyer.net speculates. Also, I like TK's idea too.

Just wait until the alpha release, (if there is one) and then you can tell me that its boring:p

Originally posted by adillon

slightly off topic, but i wonder why the stormies do not have any color-coding, when the clone troopers did to denote rank/specialty.

I think it's because the Empire has real officers, wearing their fancy tunics and hats for their uniform. Only low-ranking officers like sergeants and lieutenants still have to wear the armor. With the huge clone army with everyone, even commanders, all dressed in armor, it'd be impossible to sort through the ranks, which is why they were given color-coded armor.

Originally posted by PhireStorm

Just stating my opinion. I think it allows for uniqueness online, In SP, plain is a good idea, just as long they have different voices. As Far as MP, i say let imagination run wild, as long as it reasonable, on the custimation screen

Oh, I can agree with that.

I think it's because the Empire has real officers, wearing their fancy tunics and hats for their uniform. Only low-ranking officers like sergeants and lieutenants still have to wear the armor. With the huge clone army with everyone, even commanders, all dressed in armor, it'd be impossible to sort through the ranks, which is why they were given color-coded armor.

Makes sense.

And here is some weapon info you guys might want to read.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tech/Ground/Guns-SW.html

Tk-425, those profiles ROCK! Damn.

I suppose in MP, can't see a prob with "novelty" features like decals on the shoulders etc, like in Halo 2.

In SP, well, as long as you're HUD is decent enough, I think all they need is slight indicators of who they're are such as variations on equipement they're packing.

Originally posted by Redtech

Tk-425, those profiles ROCK! Damn.

I suppose in MP, can't see a prob with "novelty" features like decals on the shoulders etc, like in Halo 2.

In SP, well, as long as you're HUD is decent enough, I think all they need is slight indicators of who they're are such as variations on equipement they're packing.

Exactly! And in MP I dont think its that improtant to completly keep the armor accurate to the movies, because you need other colors on the armor too tell wich team your on and things like that. Also, I think I have seen screenshots of the squad with their names floating above their heads. Is this true?

Using Stormtroopers would be realistic, since Stormtroopers are the elite units. What would the missions for the Storm Commando be? You could have no Tantive IV, Tatooine, Hoth, Cloud City, Endor, nothing...

A Storm Commando mod would be waaaaay less popular than a Stormtrooper mod since no one knows what they are and there would be no cool missions.

Errrrr...... NEGATIVE! No offense, but I partially agree with Redtech and Stormtroopers definitely are not the elite. Those ops were not employed by four man teams, but platoon and arger size elements. Do not get hung up on how many grenades to have and what not because if you are going to make it realistic, then you have ALOT of leeway. You will be using Stormtrooper comandos which are similar to some of the units seen in the movies, but not in the movies. A stormtrooper Commando would be a next gen version of our lovable Republic versions. Don't get too hung up on the commandos featured in star wars literature because the authors didn't always do their research or know their topics. If we went by the books, we could argue Jango Fett never existed and Boba was really Jaster Mareel......And none of the post Ep-III troopers would be clones until Thrawn....:fett:

Stormtroopers are considered the elite force by Imperial standards. And yes, they work as squads. If you notice in the movies, there were small squads on the Tantive IV (the squad that captured Leia was four troopers) and on Cloud City.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/stormtroopers/?id=eu

Stormtrooper unit organization was separate to that of the Imperial Army and Navy, although this elite unit supported both arms of the Imperial Military. They followed similar organization patterns: squads, platoons, companies, battalions, regiments, and battlegroups (called legions).

The majority of Stormtroopers actually are clones. They're clones of random political people and their cousins, etc. Then there's also some enlisted and drafted.

Star Wars Insider #76

During the production of Episode III, Lucas told crewmembers that the stormtroopers seen in Episode IV are - in the story world - made from multiple sources. That is, they're not all Jango clones. By that time in the saga, other clone hosts have been selected.

Lucas intimated that the selection process has become more political than strategic in some cases - a highly placed officer's cousin might be selected over a more capable specimen, for example.

In addition to multiple clone hosts, stormtrooper ranks also include conscripted soldiers and academy graduates, as his been chronicled in the Expanded Universe for many years now.

Archived