Home

Stormtrooper Mod

TK-425

Originally posted by TK-8252

Stormtroopers are considered the elite force by Imperial standards. And yes, they work as squads. If you notice in the movies, there were small squads on the Tantive IV (the squad that captured Leia was four troopers) and on Cloud City.

The majority of Stormtroopers actually are clones. They're clones of random political people and their cousins, etc. Then there's also some enlisted and drafted.

They are using the word elite to represent that stormtroopers are supposed to be skilled, not that they are on par with a group like Delta Squad. By your reasoning every clonetrooper would be elite too then. Besides, if your idea of an elite unit is two squad of stormtroopers who can't hit the broadside of a barn at twenty meters, or get killed by teddy bears, have at it

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you read anything I or TK-8252 have posted in this thread? Those two arguments have been shot down. Just wait untill we realese something then tell me its boring, bad, whatever. I just need help on how to put this thing together. Once thats done we can change some miner things. But I dont think I will change the stormtroopers to storm commandos.

Originally posted by TK-425

Have you read anything I or TK-8252 have posted in this thread? Those two arguments have been shot down. Just wait untill we realese something then tell me its boring, bad, whatever. I just need help on how to put this thing together. Once thats done we can change some miner things. But I dont think I will change the stormtroopers to storm commandos.

He doesn't listen or read for that matter. People like him come in say stupid stuff then leave like the idiots they are. This will be a great mod and hardly boring.

Originally posted by The Spartan

Besides, if your idea of an elite unit is two squad of stormtroopers who can't hit the broadside of a barn at twenty meters, or get killed by teddy bears, have at it

In the movies Nazi's shot rather crappily, yet in real life they shot rather well. Get what I'm saying? Bad guys have to shoot bad so the good guys can win. :)

It's how the movies work.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

In the movies Nazi's shot rather crappily, yet in real life they shot rather well. Get what I'm saying? Bad guys have to shoot bad so the good guys can win. :)

It's how the movies work.

True enough. Right you are....... cause Luke sure wasn't a match for Stormtroopers........

TK......I *WILL* wait for the mod because I support it. And he only tried to shoot those arguments down and failed miserably. If you are going to make it a stormtrooper squad it isn't going to be "realistic" as YOU said you wanted it to be, but that does not bother me. As long as it is fun, go for it and is at least close to what it should be, it is cool. Besides, even if the normal troopers aren't the Empires very best (But instead clones of politicians and cousins who don't meet up to Mandalorian standards), Stormies are still, imo, better than any dirty rebel and far more skilled than their equivalents in every army save their early bretheren and Mandolorians!

To be fair, Stormtroopers only stink when shooting at the hero. They mopped up the Rebel resistance onboard the Tantive IV in a matter of minutes. And they killed all the Rebel Commandos who were pinned down at the Endor shield bunker. 'Course... just not Han and Leia.

Or Chewbacca, R2-D2, and C-3PO, aside from that no one else died. Proves InsaneSith's point does it not?

Originally posted by The Spartan

True enough. Right you are....... cause Luke sure wasn't a match for Stormtroopers........

TK......I *WILL* wait for the mod because I support it. And he only tried to shoot those arguments down and failed miserably. If you are going to make it a stormtrooper squad it isn't going to be "realistic" as YOU said you wanted it to be, but that does not bother me. As long as it is fun, go for it and is at least close to what it should be, it is cool. Besides, even if the normal troopers aren't the Empires very best (But instead clones of politicians and cousins who don't meet up to Mandalorian standards), Stormies are still, imo, better than any dirty rebel and far more skilled than their equivalents in every army save their early bretheren and Mandolorians!

I thank your support. It will be realistic to make it a Stormtrooper mod, TK's perspective (or mine, the Official litterature's, Stardestroyer.net's (wich is very hard to reguard as a failure) was not shot down. If you say anything different, its your opinion, but I know I'm right. And you are right about the rebels, that answer I give to the wishes of someone wanting a rebel commando mod:p But thanks for your support, without support there would be no mod's.

Originally posted by TK-8252

To be fair, Stormtroopers only stink when shooting at the hero. They mopped up the Rebel resistance onboard the Tantive IV in a matter of minutes. And they killed all the Rebel Commandos who were pinned down at the Endor shield bunker. 'Course... just not Han and Leia.

True enough!!! Darn "heroes" making Imperials look bad. I guess I am just stange for considering Vader the hero and the rebels as terrorist. I suppose it is also wrong to hail Boba Fett as a man of justice in apprehending a known Drug runner. Let's face it, all that spice Han was running wasn't sugar and sure wasn't legal!

Boba Fett for the war on drugs :p

Why not a Rebel Commando Mod?

Personally I'd love to play it. Heck I'd prolly help model and animate for that. the idea just sounds cool. Steal somethign from Galaxies: a mission to save admiral ackbar from dantooine, or maybe something during the battle of denaab.

ahh.. sweet.. :0

that blasted ending of Republic commando has me mad again. gah and i jsut finished watching rotj..

Hey I think this is great idea for a mod and it got me thinking, has anyone here has read the novel "Survivor's Quest" by Timothy Zahn? In the book the Empire of Hand (something to do with Thrawn, I won't delve into that) revived the stormtrooper idea using crackshot troops both human and alien (humanoid), well a 4-man stormtrooper squad was sent on a mission in the book and well let's say it brought back my respect for stormtroopers. The squad was part of a legion based on a legion from the original Empire that although i cant find in the starwars databank is still mention in other EU books, The 501st also known as 'Vader's Fist'. They were his personal legion of elites, however they were decked out and armed like other stormies with one or two small extras but they looked the same so the enemy couldnt tell if they were new recruits or veterans. Well I just thought that basing the mod on the original 501st in the time of the empire would be awesome. That way you could still use the stormtrooper armour and keep it realistic. A cool title for the mod would be: "The 501st : Vader's Fist"

Just my ideas lol. I hope anyone could be bothered reading that.

Welcom to Lucas Forums The Watchman! Anyway thatnks guys for the ideas, I especialy like "Empire's Finest" but if anyone els has some ideas please state them. As for "Vader's Fist" I dont think I'll base it off of that specific squad, it is a good idea, its open to brainstorming.

The first mission would be the Tantive IV, then you'd be sent down to Tatooine to search for R2 and 3PO. Starting out on the Tantive IV would make for a nice easy mission, because the Rebel Fleet Troopers would be some weak enemies. There would need to be some sort of introduction like on Kamino for the commandos. Maybe in training at the Imperial Academy on Carida.

To show Grudge's brutal nature, on Tatooine I imagine him patrolling the streets, disgusted at being surrounded by non-human lifeforms. He'd pick fights, looking for any justification for using his blaster. Some Jawas get in his way, he just shoves them down with a curse. Eventually he picks a fight with some gangsters, which happen to be part of Jabba's entourage, and leads to an ugly brawl.

After the Tatooine missions, the next campaign would be on Hoth, then Endor.

Originally posted by TK-425

sthud2qp.jpg

It'd be too hard to see out of that. You couldn't see what's in front of you, let alone aim, even with a crosshair. It's like how you don't really see your nose as anything more than a blur in your vision unless you look for it. Just like how if you wear glasses, it looks like there's just one big piece of glass and not two pieces. That's how it should be with the helmet.

the HUD in RC resembled what the outside of the helmet looked like, but they took some liberties and made it much wider allowing for greater view of what's in front of you.

from the exterior, the portion which is seen through is a relatively narrow "T".

91493820040213screen0303og.jpg

from the inside, it is much wider allowing for more visability. but that could also be due to the fact that it's located close to the face.

149776full5mo.jpg

Archived