Home

Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers

Redwing

Tanara lunged for Elaina and took them both to the ground, hitting it just as the shots from the gargoyle flew past overhead.

"I definitely need training," Elaina grumbled. "I didn't even sense those coming. Tanara shrugged and pulled her sister to her feet.

"It does take practice," she said, "though I never had that kind of training in a real life situation... always with training remotes."

She deflected two more shots with her lightsaber and they plunged harmlessly into the sand.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Red, if they had special sensors YOU should have made that clear. :D ))

*Drago tears his blade free and attacks the same spot again.*

*Hal continues his relentless attack.*

*The two Housegaurds role as they hit and circle the gargoyle with menace.*

((he made it clear to me over AIM

however if he specifed that his characters could see perfectly clear through the fog, i wonder how simple it would be if someone elses characters could too.

*believes that red intended on his characters being able to see with out everyone else knowing*))

((Erg, sorry about the major posting delay, people. AGAIN. I am sucking at this lately. Stupid school/job hunting. :x

In short, Scar is right, and I think because I told him on AIM I figured I'd told everyone in the thread. My bad.

Simplistic reply since I have to leave in 15 minutes - go!))

*The twin attacking Gortick resists Sir-vin's tugging, turns and shoots at him.

The gray-armored man attempts to shake Drago off as Drago cuts at his shell. Matt's blow lands with a crack, causing the gray-armored man to freeze for the instant.

Hal finds himself under attack from the other twin's blaster as the elf fires another spell at him.

The gargoyle carrying the weapons platform blasts away at the House Guards, bombarding them with blasts of force*

((OOS: The blasts of force are meant to disable not destroy. It's like being hit by a wall, rather than a blaster bolt. It won't pierce your armor, but it'll certainly knock you over.))

((

Originally posted by Deac

[Red: You did it again. It's Gortick! I know they may be identical twins but that does not make them the same person]

CRAP. Why do I keep doing that?! They're totally different entities in my head...I don't even imagine them being built the same. (Gortick probably got alot more exercise than his twin. ;)) I don't know what's wrong with me...

JM: Gotcha, edited.))

*Bright lights burst through the fog from K'Warra's position.

The tank-man's head swings to the side*

Tank-man: You shouldn't do that.

*He lifts Matt over his head and slams him bodily into the ground, stunning him.

The man in the white trenchcoat fires at Sir-vin from behind with both guns. Caught in crossfire, he is hit with multiple stun-bolts and dropped.

Outside the wall of force, Guy's ship continues to bombard the field, with no effect.

The gargoyle with the weapons platform keeps the others distracted with bolts of force. The white-trenchcoated man sprays the area with stun-bolts, keeping Hal away from the spellcasting elf as she turns and fires a burst of spells into the mist as Guy approaches. Guy tries to dodge the magic, able to half-see it with his second sight, but several spells hit him. The sandy beach reaches up to engulf the blind man.

K'Warra continues to struggle with snakes.

One of the ork twins drags Aidan through one of the portals, vanishing.

The other twin picks up her sword that Gortick had dropped. She smiles and puts it on her back. She picks up Gortick and heads through another portal.

The tank-man abandons his fight with Drago and hustles for another portal, carrying a half-conscious Matt.

The other attackers head back towards their portals, keeping each other covered with fire*

((Sorry, I was finishing KOTOR. Now I have to get II))

*Hal continues to deflect bolts and spells back at the evles.*

*Drago delives a savage kick to tank man's leg and follows up with a brutal hack at his other leg as he leaves.*

*The House Gaurds Beserk and attack the weapons platform with the force and fury of ten men.*

((Whatever Admiral may turn them into Beserkers are men in the grip of the "Battle-madness" they basically cease to feel pain, fatigue or pretty much anything. The only way to stop them is mechanically, i.e. head off. Since they don't really tire their attacks are very ferocious and since they have no fear they take chances a normal warrior wouldn't

They're pretty bad.))

((Yeah BD, they are being stopped mechanically, with blasts of kinetic force. Any pain that might result from this is merely a side effect.

By the way you can't deflect spells (at least of this type) with lightsabers, so I'm assuming Hal is actually dodging. :)

Out of time, will reply later.))

((Also true beserkers have at times attacked their own allies. Often strip off armor and clothing. IT was common for them to cut themselves, and just charge their oppenents.

I have been very busy hence a lack of replies and I have to keep this short.))

*Moments after the forcefield was raised, the Asgardried cloaked, and tookoff. As the ship analyzes the field for potential weaknesses, the Aesir once again donned their armor, and headed towards the entrance ramp.

Not finding a viable weakspot to attack, the Asgardried fires it medium powered weaponry at the spots Guy's ship recently attacked*

Beach

*Sir-vin attempts to dodge the stun bolts aimed at him. It doesn't take long for him to relise that the barrage from three people just too much for him to dodge.

He suddenly feels a drain with the force, enough to cuase him reel from. Not even an instant thereafter he gets hit with several bolts and collapses onto the sand...*

((Scar: Disregarding post, not that it really matters. See discussion thread.

Everyone else: I moved the relevant discussion posts to the discussion thread. :)))

*The tank-man weathers Drago's blows as he moves towards the portal and disappears through it, still carrying Matt.

The gargoyle with the weapons platform keeps the berserkers at bay with his cannons before disappearing through his own portal. The elf does the same to Hal.

The man in the white trenchcoat heads through the portal last, never ceasing his firing. His portal, the last one, closes in front of him as he backs through it.*

*The mass of snakes covering K'Warra fall away. K'Warra stumbles druggedly, magic lights sparkling around him. Pinprick wounds of dozens of snakebites cover his body.

The sand engulfing Guy falls away and he gasps for breath.

The blasts from Guy's ship and the Asgardried impact into the sand as the shimmering field collapses under the blows, or perhaps simply from loss of power.

Gray material adhering to Drago's blade where he had deeply hit the tank-man with it turns to dust and falls away*

((Anyone is free to post that you followed the attackers through the portals, but if you do, don't count on not being captured. Also, you'll be stranded in an enemy base with little to no chance of hiding.

Anyone stunned can specify when they wake up, because it's more convenient that way.

Next post storyline will be split appropriately, following the captives and main group separately. :)

Now that this is done, I want you all to keep in mind that the original plan was for this to happen on page TWO. TWO. :D))

[Red: Sounds like fun...]

Asgardried, 00:20

Orthos: What the hell?

*He runs out as fast as he can, but by the time he gets to the beach there is only swirling sands and the signs of battle*

------------------------------

Asgardried, 00:28

*Ellela is making her way toward the exit, considering taking a stroll, but suddenly senses fear coming from Gortick*

Ellela: Damn.

*She uses the force to speed out, finally arriving just as the last portal is about to close, and, without thinking, leaps through*

Beach

*K'Warra slurs something loudy and unintelligibly*

Guy: They've gone? Is everyone here? Is everyone alright?

----------

Through the Portals

*As Ellela leaps through the portal, she finds herself on an immense flight deck.

The attackers are all in a circle around the portals. Matt, Aidan and Gortick are being loaded onto robotic stretchers. Several droids and gray-suited humanoids stand over them.

The deck swarmed with humanoids, droids, and creatures of unknown origin.

Dozens of guns are pointed in Ellela's direction at once*

Archived