Home

Hogwarts

Mongo05

Yeah you're right. I hate the lighting, I messed with it a few times to try like a orange sort of lighting and adding flames.. Idk, maybe i could add like a moonlight coming in through the sides of one set of the windows... The architecture is poor i know, but I just need some good pictures of the hall so I can base it off of.

Edit: Hah, Dammit, i just realized this looks nothing like the great hall after looking at some screenshots, guess i will have to remap it and spend some time making some textures. :o

Originally posted by Lil Killa

The great hall in the movie has a ceiling that reflects the sky outside.

Right...Not to say your wrong on this but...

YOUR WRONG

Here an exact quote from the book

"Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone"

Harry looked upwards and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. He heard Hermione whisper, "It's bewitched to look like the

sky outside, I read it in Hogwarts, a History."

So, its not a refelction.

Originally posted by Oidar

Right...Not to say your wrong on this but...

YOUR WRONG

Here an exact quote from the book

"Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone"

Harry looked upwards and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. He heard Hermione whisper, "It's bewitched to look like the

sky outside, I read it in Hogwarts, a History."

So, its not a refelction.

That quote is exactly what I said but in different words Mr. smart-pants ;)

I don't think I am going to be doing Hogwarts after all. I was looking at Eldritch's beta maps and realized that I can't make textures and shaders like that, but the architecture I can do. I also don't have the time to make it since I have school and friends to hang out with.

Originally posted by Mongo05

I don't think I am going to be doing Hogwarts after all. I was looking at Eldritch's beta maps and realized that I can't make textures and shaders like that, but the architecture I can do. I also don't have the time to make it since I have school and friends to hang out with.

I can read perfectly fine, thank you. And I didn't repeat what you said, I just included some of the thinsg that I thought made it look less like the Great Hall. I know you were done working on it, but I thought you just might wanna know. Next time i won't try to help. :rolleyes:

No you just basically repeated what I said... I told everyone that it didn't look like the great hall because I had only made the basic outline of the room. *sigh* and I never said I was done working on that room, I just quit making the map.

Archived