Home

Units

Guest DarthMaulUK

There are other reasons to draw upon EU material, such as planets.

The game is supposed to have at least 20 planets to conquer and seeing as the movies don't show that many planets they have the choice of picking from existing EU planets that are already developed or creating their own planets.

Personally I would much rather fight to control/liberate a planet that I am familiar with. Not because it gives me a tactical edge but because it adds a bit more tension to the battle.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand what you mean Vostok. Frankly, the Tie Crawler looks ugly and doesn't seem to be able to take any kind of damage at all.

Also, according to EU, TIE means twin ion engines. Why they would give twin ion engines to a ground vehicle that uses tracks is beyond comprehension. So using EU to contradict EU, the TIE crawler doesn't even deserve the TIE name.

Nevertheless, other choices to include EU material has been well justified such as Rebel Tanks and the Victory Class Star Destroyer(for variety's sake, let's have more then two types star destroyers plus, they looks cool).

Rebel Tanks are probably a necessity but at least in adding them the designers aren't following the bad example of the TIE Crawler and making it an X-Track or Y-Track or something stupid. It's simple and utilitarian as Rebel equipment should be.

As Jan Gaarni pointed out in the screenshot thread, the Victory-class SD is could-have-been-Canon, which is my favourite kind of EU. Plus it makes sense for the Empire to have at least as many different capital ships as the Rebellion.

The TIE Crawler was actually a miserable failure, it was made by Imperial Warlords with a surplus of TIE cockpits but not enough engines or wings but parts to make a tank out of it, needless to say it was a miserable flop and well outside the time line that has already been stated, since the TIE Crawler was first used on the Battle of Courscant between squabbling imperial warlords.

I'm suprised you didn't have a cow when you saw the Interdictor class Star Destroyer as well as the huge array of EU units and ships in it, the Interdictor will be tricky to balance something that can stop enemy ships from escaping incidently the rebels only way of doing the same was via captured interdictor's they made no effort to improve the technology until Battle of Courscant Yuzzhan Vong Variant.

and don't bother quoting your "laws" of Star Wars Canon I'm not bothered by them.

they have also taken liberties with how it looked as well.

The Interdictor is in one of those screenshots, it's the one with the large angular bridge tower and the 4 globe like protrusions. I imagine that they've got a hyperspacedrive for ships where they can retreat out of battle super quick, the tactical possibilities on an Interdictor are endless, Thrawn has proved that.

Another interesting note is that the A-Wing wasn't in service in the timespace it's supposedly focusing on, and I'm none too sure the Rebels had a fleet by then.

In Rebellion, they had the Immobiliser-418 on the Imperial side, and eventually the rebels could researc a equal for it, the CC-7700.

The way it worked there was, when you entered combat, it was active. And no way of turning it off. Which sucked if you brought one along and then realized, maybe I would have an advantage of letting them go, perhaps it looks like they might be able to beat me. That way I would have been able to allow them to retreat so I could call in an additional ship or 2 to attack them another time around another planet. The retreating force always retreated to the closest star system.

So I'm hoping there's a possibility to turn off the interdiction field on them in this game. :)

TIE-Crawler is ... well, what can I say. USE A REAL TANK!!! :D

The Imperial Army does have conventional tanks aswell, usually with repulsor lift. The Gorm-Talquist S-1 FireHawke Heavy Repulsortank is one such vehicle for instance, used primearly before the Walkers started to be developed.

If I were in charge of this project I'd use that one instead of something that looks (and we know it does to :D ) like it'll fall appart if you blew on it. :p

And it looks way cooler too. ;)

Or a lighter one if better for balance. AT-AT's are pretty powerful as it is. :D

For the A-Wing, time will move on. It will not take place just in the time period where they say it starts. The time will move forward even if you are not attacking anything.

Atleast that is how I understand it.

20 planets doesn't sound like alot to me though. It sounds like a small game already.

Rebellion had 200 planets you could conquer.

The game only starts before ANH. I suspect as time passes events from the movies will happen during the game.

As for 20 planets. It might not seem like much but if the battles are quite time consuming and there are 2 battles to control a planet and the enemy attacking you as well...

Though I do hope that if they include an editor, it will allow people to add their own planets to the campaigns or better yet, allow the player to create their own campaigns (Thrawn Trilogy anyone?)

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

The Imperial Army does have conventional tanks aswell, usually with repulsor lift. The Gorm-Talquist S-1 FireHawke Heavy Repulsortank is one such vehicle for instance, used primearly before the Walkers started to be developed.

Yet another snippet of EU that George Lucas does not approve of...

Sorry Jan, but as Viceroy will tell you this is one of my favourite things to do...

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

Yet another snippet of EU that George Lucas does not approve of...

Sorry Jan, but as Viceroy will tell you this is one of my favourite things to do...

I'm sorry, I don't quite follow?!? :confused:

(it's very late here right now, that might be why :D )

what he means is his faveourite obsession is to try and force on everyone his Puritanical view that EU sucks and a whole lot of Puritianical rhetoric to why EU sucks.

All of it of course mindless babble, EU is of course just as important as the films and to the point even more canononical because the books do not change every time they're printed while the films every new edition change, in some cases radically.

the point is ignore any Rhetoric Vostok spouts as mindless babble and you'll be quite happy.:D

Originally posted by DK_Viceroy

All of it of course mindless babble, EU is of course just as important as the films and to the point even more canononical because the books do not change every time they're printed while the films every new edition change, in some cases radically.

Hahaha, that has to be the best argument for EU that I have ever seen.

What kind of radical changes has there been from the old to the special edition? Some new CGI effect for the Sarlacc, a delete scene with Jabba in ANH, the music at th end of RotJ, Christensen at the end of RotJ, etc. Nothing radical nor does it change the story.

Eu cannot survive without the movies while the movies can survive without EU.

Luke imagine how boring it would be without EU I don't think I could play 20+ games based on the same storyline or with the same characters.

Viceroy- You can stop insulting Vostok everytime he posts I know for a fact your 10 times worse than Vostok how you try to force your stupid beliefs onto others constantly. About how great you think EU is and how you really wanted the next RTS to be like.

For those of you who need a refresh or have not seen it take a look at his pure EU RTS. *Note leave whatever you saw in the movies right here this new EU game Viceroy has created may cause brain sesures*

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113197

Originally posted by FroZticles

Luke imagine how boring it would be without EU I don't think I could play 20+ games based on the same storyline or with the same characters.

Your point was? I replied against Viceroy saying that EU was just as important as the movie which is a false statement.

I don't hate EU in general(well, I hate mostly post-RotJ EU) but one cannot say EU has the same weight in the balance as the movies.

oh dearest Froz are you sure that link works?

and I never Pimped a link to it in my sig, nor did I have at attempt at making a new one when it was blatantly obvious that there was an imminenet announcement.

You must be having brain seizures to post a link to a topic I long deleted:p

and Luke talk like that coming from you is rich when you were harranging for christhansens head on a gilded platter when you heard of the changes:p

Archived