Home

Vampires of York: chapter 1, A Few Dark Shadows

Mandalorian54

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carth woke up to find Jake shaking him, "Okay okay, I'm up. What's going on?"

Meanwhile, below them, Claire, accompanied by five vampire scouts and five human men, entered the hospital from a secret entrance in the basement. They all ascended the basement stair armed with pistols in hidden holsters concealed under their leather coats. As they made their way upwards they were met by hospital orderlies working with the Clan who informed them of the three patients to be questioned and the room numbers they were in.

Claire lead her men into the main lobby of the hospital where all but one vampire scout sat down to wait. Then that one scout and Claire made their way, lead by a doctor, to the upper floor where the patients were being held.

When ethan arrived at the room a doctor was there waiting for him.

"Some police agents want to question you, so wait in your room for them."

"All right." Said ethan, feeling suspicious but knowing it'd be worse for him if he ran. He went into the room and immidiately grabbed the phone and dialed Carth's room. When they picked up he spoke quickly.

"Hey I'm getting held up here for some questions. You guys go ahead without me, You know the Grotto restaurant on Remington and Main? I'll meet you there."

The phone rang and Jake picked it up, listened then hung up.

"come on we got to get otu fo here, were heading to the grotto restaurant at Remington and Main, so lets get out of here." Jake threw Carth's clothes to him and then looked around and opened the window, they were a floor up, they could jump and be fine he thought to himself.

Carth looked out the window, "Man I'm so not ready for this..." He climbed through and hung down before dropping. The landing was rough but no injuries, he moved out of the way and waited for Jake.

Claire and her fellow vampire arrived at Ethan's room. When Claire entered she showed Ethan an FBI badge, "I'm with the FBI," She said. "I'd just like to ask you a few questions about what happened to you last night." Her tone was gentle and she seemed nice, Ethan would have no reason to suspect she was a vampire, although perhaps she did dress a little unusual but still had the generic detective trenchcoat, as did her partner standing by the door.

"First of all I'd just like you to tell me what you remember."

Jake looked out to see Carth out of the way, Jake started climbing out when a docotor came by.

"hey, what are you doing!"

"ah crap!" Jake pretty much fell out of the window, he landed hard on his arm but grabbed Carth and started to run.

"come on, they'll be looking for us now" Jake looked at his arm " i don't think its broken, my other one is though"

"Well, I'd just arrived here to see my friend, I'm driving to the hotel, and who do I see but him getting mugged, or attacked by a gang. So I stopped, and helped him out. " He shrugged. He knew he was lying, but he had gotten pretty good at it. Plus if he told them they were attacked by vampires they'd have him commited.

"They were probably on drugs or something, they seemed to withstand nearly anything. I read somwhere that some of these drugs can numb a person so that he can be shot 3 times and still keep on."

"Damn it Jake," Carth said as they ran, "You've got a broken arm and we're running away from a hospital. Where are we going to go anyway? This is crazy." Carth seemed doubtful.

Meanwhile a doctor came to Ethan's room and wispered something to Claire's partner.

Claire continued her conversation with Ethan, "There were reports of gunfire, and all three of these men that attacked you were found dead. Do you know who had these guns or where they came from?" Just then Claire's partner motioned to her, "Just one second Ethan," She said and slipped away to the doorway. There Claire and her partner exchanged words and Claire returned while her partner departed. "Okay, go on."

Claire's partner headed down to the lobby and dispatched three of their human soldiers, since it was still day and the vampires could not leave the hospital.

((Lets say it's in the afternoon.))

"yeah it feels kinda wierd, but we are going to meet up with Ethan at the Grotto restaurant, ive been there a couple times, good chicken," Jake said while they ran to the side of a road, Jake saw a bus going to a bus stop down the street.

"come on we gotta catch that bus." Jake started running to get to the bus stop before the bus did.

Jake caught the bus.

"hold on for a sec while my friend get here, thanks" Jake got out what change he had in his pockets.

when the bus started Jake turned to Carth.

"alright, i have a feeling that those guys were vampires, now before you say anything listen.

1. they had sharp and logn teeth

2. they movied with incredible speed

and 3. they ate our boss"

Carth sat down beside Jake, when he heard what Jake said he laphed, "That's rediculous, vampires are just fiction." Carth shifted his wieght and turned a bit to face Jake better, "Okay, I saw the guy doing something to our boss but let's not jump to the conclusion that he was eating him. It was probably some cult loonies trying to scare us, lots of people do that whole drinking blood and gothic ritual stuff. Doesn't mean they're vampires. I never saw any teath but they could easily be fake. Haven't you seen any vampire movies, fake teeth." Carth turned and looked out the window, "This is just some weird stuff but I don't believe it's vampires."

Back at the hospital, Claire winced when Ethan brushed the curtain asside and looked out the window, letting in a bit of sunlight. Ethan didn't see this though since he was facing the other direction. When Ethan returned to his bed Claire gave him a look like she was expecting him to say something, "You heard the gunshots didn't you? The men who we found were killed by gun wounds."

"I had a gun with me, one of them grabbed it. I tackled him a little afterwards he could've shot himself. There was also someone else there. Looked like government, at least acted like one"

He was careful to avoid detailed descriptions, such as her gender, she had saved his ass he didn't want her arrested.

"whatever man, oh here we are." Jake got off the bus and headed into the restaurant, pulling his coat around his cast.

"table for three, we have one more person coming."

"right this way." Jake followed the woman to a table and sat down.

(Out of Character: Sorry about the delay in replying. Got caught up in things, but now I'm back.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it was daytime, Ryan and Jennifer travelled thru the tunnels that led to their old house. Sabrina gave them both spare guns she had as they quickly went and got stuff for their so-called new house in the sewers. Again..making sure no one was looking they made their way back to the abandon room. Sabrina kept awake as she waited for her friends to return. What has she gotten herself into, she kept thinking to herself. She shook this thought off as she continued to clean the room.

"Alright, well I'm going to need you to write an account of everything you witnessed for the police report, I'm going to go visit your friends now. You just get some rest." Claire left the room and a doctor entered giving a pen and paper to Ethan for him to write down what had happened, the doctor left him alone to that.

Claire's partner met with her just outside Ethan's room, they wispered to one another but not loud enough that Ethan could hear. "I've sent three men after the suspects but they have fled."

"Begin a full scale search, get all our oporatives active and send out a police notice." Claire left for the hospital's basement from whence she came, her vampire scouts came with her, all except the one she had just been talking too.

Carth sat down beside Jake, "This is crazy, this is crazy. This makes no sense, we should just go to the police, they'll help us."

Ethan started writing, then soon as he was sure nobody would come in he made a call to the restaurant. He made a reservation for the three of them, describing Carth and jake, and told them that he would be arriving late.

He wrote almost a complete lie, saying that he was driving, saw what looked like a mugging gone wrong, with his friends involved, then fought for them. That his gun was soon knocked out of his hand, adn someone else arrived. He didn't mention any details on Sabrina, other than a description of her footwear. He pressed the 'call nurse' button and asked her to give that report to the cops.

• 2 weeks later...

Carth groaned and burried his face in his hands with his elbows on the table. Stress was building up and he just didn't know what to do and didn't understand the situation. After thinking for a few seconds he looked up at Jake, "I don't know what to do Jake, I'm completely lost and nothing makes sense to me. These freakish people attack us and then we're in the hospital being questioned by the police. Why are we running away? Why don't we just co-oporate?"

Claire made her way back to the clan's base of operations, a mansion near the heart of York.

"Ah, Claire," An older vampire said when she emerged from the tunnel. "How goes the investigation?"

"Not so good Commander," She responded shaking her head, "Two of the suspects have escaped and third isn't fully co-oporating. We'll keep an eye on him and we're searching for the others."

The commander nodded and started walking into the hallway, Claire followed.

"What should we do if these suspects killed our scouts?" Claire asked looking up at the taller man.

"It depends on what they saw, and exaclty what happened. If they don't know anything but did kill our scouts, the police can handle it like a regular case. But if they know that our scouts were vampires...maybe we should get rid of them."

"I see," Claire stared at the ground for a few seconds just thinking. "I'll be working in my room until dark. Dane is working with the police now to try and bring the suspects in, once we interrogate them more and find out what they know we can wrap this case up."

The commander nodded, "Shouldn't be too dificult, good luck then." He started to turn away down another hall.

"You too," Claire said as she turned the other way and they parted.

Dane made his way back into the lobby where the other two human scouts were, just as he came up to them the three scouts he had sent out returned.

They came back out of breath, "Sorry sir," One of them said as they came up to Dane, "The other two suspects escaped."

"Okay," Dane acknowledged. "The police will pick them up sooner or later. Let's just treat this as a normal situation, there's no need to stress, there's nothing to worry about."

A pair of police men arrived shortly and went up stairs to see the suspect, a doctor showed them to Ethan's room and they entered.

"were running becuase.......i don't know actually, but i got a real bad vibe from soem of the doctors in there, and the police officers too, plus i don't care what you say, those guys that attacked us are not normal and staying in one place is not safe, we just have to wait for Ethan, then hitch a ride out of here."

(Out of Character: Sorry...been going thru a lot...that'z why I haven't posted in a long time.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Making their way to the abandon room, Ryan and Jennifer saw a huge difference in the room. It was a lot cleaner then before. "So what you think?" Jennifer gave a smile. "How long we're going to stay down here?" asked Ryan. Sabrina sighed, "Whenever the coast is clear." Sabrina gave a weak smile to Ryan and Jennifer. "When it is night outside, I will investigate...keeping a low profile of course. I got to know where the others are at."

Archived