Home

Vampires of York: chapter 1, A Few Dark Shadows

Mandalorian54

((Well I said he was slightly paranoid, so let's say he heard about it, and has a strong suspicion it's true.))

"All right, first I want complete and total immunity right here, right now. Then I don't want what I say here ever leave this room. Ever. You want to follow it up on your own, your funeral, but don't tell anyone about it. Not your wife, not your boss, not your mother, not your friends when you get together. Three, can someone get me some coffee?"

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The detective shifted in his seet and adjusted his tie, "I can't give you immunity. If you killed all those people or something like that, the law must be administered. You will get liniency for cooporating and confessing but I can't grant you immunity. So don't ask. But please go on, you've already started. You can't stop now."

"All right. I didn't kill those people. It all started back on the west coast, college, there'd been this big prank, and somebody had to take the fall. Some guy had lined up the whole gym walls with animal blood, and put a goddamn stake trap in the middle, which had been triggered during the night, the system demands someone take the fall. They lined up the usual suspects, me and some other guys, people who keep up their grades easily, but still have enough incidents in their records to keep them as suspects, or just people about to flunk who may have done it as a final 'Screw you'.

The guys who'd done it were a group of seniors, almost straight out of a movie, sullen eyes, complete outcasts, no respect for the system. They offered me 100,000 bucks and a trip here, my hometown, for free. So I accepted. I took the fall, got suspended for 2 semesters, and a couple dozen hours community service. " He paused. " Then it got really ****ed up."

((Pausing here cause I gotta go to bed.))

((LOL good night jokemaster.))

The detective smiled and listened intently, sounded like it was going to be quite the story.

Cain, Lorry, and Vinny arrived at the Hunter's Pub, sitting in the middle of the bar was a muscular, tatooed, and dangerous man, called himself the Destructor. Destructor wasn't an easy name to use in a sentance, and not many people did, or called him by name. It was more something he was known as, not something you called him when you spoke to him. No one called him by any name. When you were speaking to him he knew you were speaking to him, because he either knew you, or you were pissing your pants.

Can and his two pals sat beside their large scarry friend at the bar, the seets around him had been empty.

"Here's the plan," Cain said, "We've got a couple of people on the run, we need to find them and find out what they know. If," Cain looked at the Destructor dead serious, "Only if the cops don't find them. Our main task is dealing with whoever needs dealing after the cops are done. The vampires are tring to keep a low profile on this one."

Destructor didn't speak, he rarely spoke, he just nodded his head.

Fixing a bunch of wires in the abandon room, Sabrina's vampire instinct notified her that night was drawing closer as the minutes past. "Where are you going when night falls?" asked Jennifer to Sabrina. Sabrina didn't look away from the wiring she was doing but responded back, "I don't know where, but I have to notify someone about the attacks the Hokusha Clan vampires are committing. If this continues, who knows what they will do with the whole damn town."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Out of Character: Just out of curiosity, is Sabrina the only vampire that doesn't like what the Hokusha Clan is doing?)

((OOC: Sabrina is not the only vampire who doesn't like what the Hokusha clan is doing, there are rival clans and other individual vampires. But Hokusha controls York so other clans don't interfear. You can make your own vampire friends to help you out if you want, you don't need to make character sheets though unless you want them to be main characters. Let's just say that there are rules and attacking random people is not allowed, even by the Hokusha clan. And that the three vampires who were killed did infact break this rule. If Hokusha finds that out they may be willing to pardon the offenders...emphasis on the may, which means they also may not. Right now thout Sabrina doesn't know what's been going on and she should know that Hokusha would investigate the matter so she should do some investigating herself. She's not an enemy of the Hokusha and they don't know she's involved. All though if the three humans were properly interrogated, which Sabrina has reason to believe, then they would know she was involved.

Okay so, here's how I see it from Sabrina's point of view:

(1)Sabrina thinks the Hokusha clan knows she's involved and are going to try and catch her and bring her to justice.

(2)Sabrina may be able to explain the violation the murdered Hokusha vampires did and be let off the hook.

(3)Sabrina thinks the three humans are in the custody of the Hokusha clan.

(4)Sabrina may or may not want to rescue the humans from possible untimely death at the hands of the Hokusha clan.

(5)Sabrina might want another vampires help and support in confronting the clan and resolving the matter.

Sabrina is your character Darth NeoVenom, it's your call, everything I said is speculation and/or sujestion. I just thought I'd fill you in on how I see it, maybe that'll help.))

IC:

Carth gave Jake a concerned look, "Okay but just be careful." He started thinking of a place to stay as they walked, "I think I know a cheap motel where we can get a room." They made their way to a nearby cheap motel.

"There were five of us, Fenster, Hockney, McManus, Keaton and me. Or that's what I thought at first. When I saw them again I demanded an explanation, and I got one. They claimed that they had been in some huge fight with a vampire that went psycho for some reason, and they had been forced to clean his act up. Or kill it, whatever you prefer." He gave a bitter laugh. "I still don't know if that's true or not, at the time I thought it was a joke, but now I don't know.

They offered me a chance to make good money with them, claimed they worked for some big guy aligned with some vampire group named Keyser Soze. They got their orders through some indian guy named Kobayi or something like that. I accepted, thinking it was going to be a huge joke, vandalism, stuff like that. But I didn't know that once I was in I was in for good. They took me to this warehouse, there was a huge rack full of guns, stakes, and other **** like that. Imagine a cross between Blade, the old Dracula movies, and Q's lab from the James bond movies, that's what this was. That's when I got to know them better. McManus was a maniac, pure and simple. He talked about vampires and 'human witnesses' he'd encountered and killed and laugh. Hockney was pretty normal, Fenster I never knew well, he was wierd, had this terrible speech impediment. But Keaton was the coolest customer I'd ever seen. And let me tell you, I've played poker against everybody, but I wouldn't dare bet a penny against that man. "

He looked around nervously, almost as if he expected them to materialize in the room with them.

"After that they took me around town, we went to this onehangout, looked like an abandoned hotel, but inside it was this ultra-exclusive nightclub, the guys had to flash special cards and be searched, for a second I thought we were meeting with the goddamn FBI. In there I met the indian guy. He claimed that someone was stirring up trouble around a part of town that's basically the slums. We got there, I had no idea what was going to happen, but these guys they got out these shotguns, and UV flashlights and all this ****. We came upon this guy with blood on his lips, claiming that he couldn't help it. These guys just turned up the UV lights, he flinched and actually started melting or disintegrating. I turned away, and the guys just opened fire, McManus was laughing like a maniac. When we got back in the car I demanded to know who the **** this Keyser soze was."

He paused and took a sip of water from a cup that someone had put in front of him.

"Keaton once said, 'I don't believe in god, but I fear him'. Well I believe in god, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze." He looked at the two-way glass. Straight at where he knew the cop usually stood on the other side.

"I don't feel safe here. Can we move somewhere else? Your office, or a lounge or something like that?"

The detective almost laughed when Ethan said impediment but held it in and straightened his face. When Ethan asked if they could go to a more private place the detective made a doubtful look, "I can't do that, besides you may trie to escape for all I know. I can tell this is going to be a long story but are you sure the history lesson is neccessary? I really just need to know what happened last night."

Sabrina spoke out to her friends. "I'll be heading over to the Black Cellar. Might meet someone that can help all of us." Mina placed a hand on Sabrina's shoulder, "Be careful Sabrina." Sabrina smiled, "I will. If anything, I'll call your cell." With that said Sabrina exited the abandon room.

Travelling for a while thru the sewers, Sabrina made her way to tunnels leading to the Black Cellar. Once reaching there, she knocked on the rusty iron door which was a back entrance. She waited patiently for someone to answer.

"I want you to get it through your head: You can't proctect me from this guy, you can't stop him." He sighed. "Anywawy, it turns out they offered me a ride here because they were goin' to assault a ship on the docks for some reason. Anyway, we got here, and, like I said, we were on our way to a hotel, when we saw three guys, and all of a sudden this vampire, or this guy swoops down on the third guy, and basically sucks his blood, just like that, no reason. The other two guys basically tried to attack him, and suddenly his buddies appear, meanwhile we ram on the breaks, run a guy over, and we all take out our guns. They were too fast for us, the others just ran out of ammo, I didn't fire a shot, I was almost paralyzed, and busy keeping my head down. Suddenly one of the......vampires I guess, grabs me throws me onto the road. I scrambled, picked up my gun and suddenly something yanked the gun out of my hand, and with one shot each, drops the vampires. Every. Single. One. Then he glared at us, almost as if chatising us, then like that" He snapped his fingers. "He's gone. The guys left quickly, leaving me to limp to the hospital."

The door screetched on it's hinges as it peeled open. "Sabrina," A pleased bouncer said, he recognized Sabrina and let her in gladly. "Buisness with the gang or just here for fun?"

The detective leaned back in his chair and thought for a moment, he was about to speak but stopped and thought a little more. He stood up and stroked his chin...again he went to say something but stopped. "Well, there doesn't seem to be anything to convict you of...why did you ask for immunity?" He turned to face Ethan and waited for an answer.

"Well, I don't think we'll hold you. We'll be in touch though if we come across anything substantial. You're free to go." The detective opened the door and let in an officer who came to take Ethan away. "Don't leave town though, if you know what I mean."

Edit:

Carth and Jake arrived at a motel and rented a room for the night. There was a small phone in the room and Carth used it to call up one of his friends. They said hello and a few casual topics of conversation before Carth mentioned the reason for the call, "I need you to give Ethan a message, he's being held at the police station, tell him to call us or call us back if he's going to be held there long." Carth's friend agreed to the favor and they hung up. "Okay, Jake, I guess we just wait."

"**** that man. If I think he's after me, I'm running."

As he left, he reviewed his story. He had gotten the main part from a script for a play his friend wrote. The names he had gotten for an article, and Keyser Soze he had gotten from a legend that was actually true from his hometown. A bartender he knew had been one of his ex-henchmen. If they checked out Keyser Soze they'd find that he was a crimelord who did indeed have some vampire connections. Fenster, Hockney, Keaton and McManus were also names he took from the paper.

"Whatever, man. You won't find him. Take it from me, a guy like that doesn't come that close to getting caught, and sticks his neck out again. If anything he'll come out to take care of me. After that, my guess is you'll never hear about him again."

"What makes you think you'll be safe if you leave the city then? I'm sorry son, if you leave the city you will be placed under arrest. That is the conditions of our letting you go, we have an investigation here, we can't let suspects leave the city."

((At least I don't think they let people leave the city...if your a suspect they can't allow you to slip away, you could flee the country for all they know. Plus what makes you think the detective cares about some guy hunting you?))

Meanwhile back at that club's back entrance, Sabrina stepped thru the back door of the club. Looking around the dimly lit club, she can see various people, some vampires...others just regular people. Making sure no one was eavesdropping; Sabrina replied the bouncer's question. "I have to tell Malice something. Know where he is?"

The bouncer frowned, "Malice left, don't know where he's headed. A Hokusha Clan Vampire came in and paid a visit to the gang...maybe he sent Malice on a job or something." He twisted his frown side to side as he thought, "He did take a couple buddies with him, I guess that would explain it." He eyed Sabrina suspiciously, "Something going on?"

((Curt-man, how would Jake know about the gangs...all he and Carth know is the cops are after them. They arn't even sure if vampires exist let alone got the gangs on the lookout.))

((I don't, Ethan's playin' the part, making it convincing.))

When Ethan left, he went straight to the hotel where he had made a reservation. His reservation had been cancelled, but luckily there was still a room available. He called the hospital and asked it to send the bags over to the hotel, the hospital replied that it'd try to send someone by the next day.

((BTW, shouldn't it become night soon? Or did I miss that?))

"Yeah...let's say thing aren't going well my way. I'll tell you about the whole thing when there's not that many people around. Anyways, I'll be heading to the VIP room. I'll talk to you later." Sabrina said to the bouncer. She headed off towards the VIP section of the club where a couple of gang member of the Black Malice was at.

((Oh, sorry Curt-man, nevermind then. Yeah I guess it's night now then. BTW Ethan...just so you know, the detective doesn't buy your story...um...you'll see. And Hospital's don't deliver, you have to go get it yourself.))

When Ethan left the detective smiled. Another detective emerged from the observation room and stood beside him. "Follow him," The first detective said, "Tell me where he goes and everything he does."

The second detective nodded and followed Ethan.

Giving Ethan security and following him were the only ways they would find out what really happened. It was obvious from the completely bogus story he told that they weren't going to get anything out of him by asking nicely. Nothin Ethan said matched the facts of the crime scene, anything from tire tracks and wounds on the corpses would show that. No, they would have to be discreet about this, if they wanted the truth.

The detective proceded to his office where he would phone the Clan's investigating detective and report everything that had happened.

Meanwhile Carth's friend arrived at the police station too late, Ethan had already left without saying where he was going. The friend called Carth up and let him know.

Carth hung up the phone and turned to Jake, "Ethan's already gone, the cops let him go. Maybe he convinced them we arn't guilty or something...anyway I'll try calling my house and see if he calls."

Carth left a message with his mom to call him back at the motel if Ethan called but wouldn't tell his mom what happened.

Archived