Home

monkey island series went pear shaped since 3rd

scumm local

oh damn lucas arts they ruined everything they could have asked rod gilbert for advice on the 3rd 1 but noooooooo they had to make it all stupid cartoony and then 3d and now they claim they never killed off guybrush at the end of escape how crp was th boss fight at the ending to it why coundnt they stik to plain good ol 2d fun and every interview with ron now cause he didnt werk on first 1 we all argue over thease theorys guy 1:HEY ! i say that guybrush is a 7 year old guy 2:well i say le chuck cast a curse on him guy who aint played monkey island :i say the the games crp ...........so what seemed to be a winning series was ruined wen lucas arts became obcessed with star wars games with little midgets in jawa costumes they also killed offf some other beloved game chars like sam n max (i aint played that game but i known it must bge the best if you always talk about it):sam::horn::3headed::stan: i bet this is what llucas arts staff looks like thease days cause any o thease could do as crp

Ouch. Your grammar hurts.

The Curse of Monkey Island was an excellent game. Sure, it was more cartoony and a little more slapstick than its predecessors, but it was an extremely fun game. It also had great art in my opinion, a brilliant soundtrack, and a host of highly memorably characters.

The storyline was also kept reasonably proper, with it at least tying in smoothly to the previous games (even if it wasn't exactly how Ron Gilbert would have continued it).

Escape from Monkey Island on the other hand was bad. The gameplay itself was average for its genre, but the way that it completely disrespected everything that'd been built up in the previous trilogy was painful.

The storyline was filled with holes, it was generally ridiculous (giant robots? Jesus Christ..), and even the artistic direction was very patchy, and resulted in some extremely dire looking areas.

And please get it out of your head that Ron Gilbert was the only man responsible for Monkey Islands 1 and 2. Sure, he's the guy that was slapped on the cover, but it wasn't all down to him. He didn't write all of the dialogue. He didn't develop all of the puzzles. He didn't write everything.

If I were you, I'd read the other thousand or so discussions we've on this before. I really don't think any of us will benefit from having yet another.

my grammer:im sorry its late

i know that ron gilbert did not make it all but he was the guy that came up and knew the whole story behind end of monkey island 2 and the others didnt know crap at all about it i respect everything in the monkey island series but they try doing too much come on a land developer as a villian a giant robo monkey instead of the coolest versioun of hell ever spelling all correct

also guybrush is getting too much 3d call me fusy ive always had a much better versioun of what guybrush looks like in 3d he resembled a blonde elvis presly in the lasr game .the only reason i bought the game cause id played the others and i might not have if it wasnt for them putting a guuy who reasembled largo i thought yeeeeeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This seems to be more of a rant than anything.

But simply, I'm guessing legal reason couldn't allow Gilberts involvment into CMI beyond a few helpful hints and considering Gilbert had left LucaArts years before, there wasn't much help they could have gotten off of him. It's not really anyones fault, that's just how it happened.

And Ron wasn't the only one to know the whole story, I'm pretty sure Tim scafer knew a good deal of it and probably wrote a lot of the script. Dave Grossman has been quoted as knowing the meaning of the ending of MI2 which was simply, "Guybrush is a kid, but we'll leave it open for sequels anyway."

I'll agree that EMi wasn't exactly brilliant, but I've said it before and \I'll say it again, against normal gaming standards, it was a good game, but up against the other MI games, it was crap, pure and simple.

yeah suppouse your right but i think it was kinda wrong to lie about asking ron gilbert i wont start an arguement about that im just a 7 year old in disney land typed place but i will say that the monkey island team never make it that simple and it made no sense why youd spend around 7 years completeing monkey island just to find out its a dream

gotten bored so heres all the anagrams for guybrush threepwood:horsepower by dug hut woodberry hughes put woodberry thugs up he woodberry pugh shu et woodberry pugh the us

woodberry pugh he stu woodberry thug pus he woodberry thug up she woodberry gush put he woodberry gush up the

woodberry hugh setup woodberry hugh upset woodberry hugh pus et woodberry hugh pet us woodberry hugh up set

woodberry gets up huh woodberry peg hut shu woodberry peg huh stu woodberry hug push et woodberry ugh push et

woodberry hug puts he woodberry ugh puts he woodberry hug put she woodberry ugh put she woodberry hug pus the

woodberry ugh pus the woodberry hug pet shu woodberry ugh pet shu woodberry hug up seth woodberry ugh up seth

woodberry gut push he woodberry tug push he woodberry gus pet huh woodberry get pus huh woodberry get up hush

woodbury thugs per he woodbury shrug pet he woodbury pugh esther woodbury pugh ethers woodbury pugh hester

woodbury pugh threes woodbury pugh seth re woodbury pugh hers et woodbury pugh her set woodbury pugh he rest

woodbury pegs hurt he woodbury pegs ruth he woodbury pegs hut her woodbury thug herpes woodbury thug sphere

woodbury thug per she woodbury gush pet her woodbury gush per the woodbury hugh pester woodbury hugh peters

woodbury hugh preset woodbury hugh pest re woodbury hugh pets re woodbury hugh sept re woodbury hugh step re

woodbury hugh per set woodbury gets per huh woodbury peg hurst he woodbury peg hurts he woodbury peg huts her

woodbury peg shut her woodbury peg thus her woodbury peg hurt she woodbury peg ruth she woodbury peg rush the

woodbury peg hers hut woodbury peg huh rest woodbury hug pest her woodbury ugh pest her woodbury ugh pets her

woodbury ugh sept her woodbury ugh step her woodbury hug pets her woodbury hug sept her woodbury hug step her

woodbury hug pet hers woodbury ugh pet hers woodbury hug per seth woodbury ugh per seth woodbury gus perth he

woodbury get push her woodbury get per hush woodbury erg push the woodbury erg pest huh woodbury erg pets huh

woodbury erg sept huh woodbury erg step huh woodbury erg pet hush eyebrows pugh thud or eyebrows pugh hurd to

eyebrows pugh hurt do eyebrows pugh ruth do eyebrows pugh hut rod eyebrows thug po hurd eyebrows hugh pod rut

eyebrows hugh put rod eyebrows hugh up trod eyebrows drug hop hut eyebrows drug opt huh eyebrows drug pot huh

eyebrows drug top huh eyebrows hug drop hut eyebrows ugh drop hut eyebrows ugh prod hut eyebrows hug prod hut

eyebrows hug pod hurt eyebrows ugh pod hurt eyebrows ugh pod ruth eyebrows hug pod ruth eyebrows hug opt hurd

eyebrows ugh opt hurd eyebrows ugh pot hurd eyebrows ugh top hurd eyebrows hug pot hurd eyebrows hug top hurd

eyebrows hug pro thud eyebrows ugh pro thud eyebrows hog put hurd eyebrows dug port huh eyebrows dug hop hurt

eyebrows dug hop ruth eyebrows gut drop huh eyebrows tug drop huh eyebrows tug prod huh eyebrows gut prod huh

eyebrows gut hop hurd eyebrows tug hop hurd eyebrows rug hop thud outgrows hyper dubhe outgrows hyper hub de

outgrows hyper hub ed outgrows hyper bud he outgrows hyper dub he outgrows byrd up he he outgrows prey bed huh

outgrows pyre bed huh outgrows hyde burp he outgrows hyde herb up outgrows hyde pub her outgrows hyde hub per

outgrows pry dubhe he outgrows pry hub heed outgrows pry hub he de outgrows pry hub he ed outgrows pry bud he he

outgrows pry dub he he outgrows pry be huh de outgrows pry be huh ed outgrows hey pub herd outgrows dry beep huh

outgrows dry pub he he outgrows by per huh de outgrows by per huh ed outgrows by up herd he burrowed egypt shu oh

burrowed egypt huh so burrowed gusty hop he burrowed gutsy hop he burrowed topsy hug he burrowed topsy ugh he

burrowed types hug oh burrowed types ugh oh burrowed types go huh burrowed guys hop the burrowed typo hughes

burrowed typo gush he burrowed typo hug she burrowed typo ugh she burrowed type gush oh burrowed type hugh so

burrowed type hog shu burrowed type go hush burrowed espy though burrowed espy thug oh burrowed espy hugh to

burrowed espy hug hot burrowed espy ugh hot burrowed espy hog hut burrowed espy got huh burrowed hoyt peg shu

burrowed they pugh so burrowed they gush po burrowed they gosh up burrowed they hogs up burrowed they hog pus

burrowed they gus hop burrowed they go push burrowed toys pugh he burrowed yost pugh he burrowed toys peg huh

burrowed yost peg huh burrowed guy hops the burrowed guy posh the burrowed guy shop the burrowed guy hop seth

burrowed spy ought he burrowed spy tough he burrowed spy thug hoe burrowed spy hugo the burrowed spy hugh toe

burrowed spy huge hot burrowed spy hug oh et burrowed spy ugh oh et burrowed spy hug he to burrowed spy ugh he to

burrowed spy gut oh he burrowed spy tug oh he burrowed spy go hut he burrowed spy go huh et burrowed yuh pegs hot

burrowed yuh gosh pet burrowed yuh hogs pet burrowed yuh gets hop burrowed yuh peg host burrowed yuh peg shot

burrowed yuh hog pest burrowed yuh hog pets burrowed yuh hog sept burrowed yuh hog step burrowed yuh get hops

burrowed yuh get posh burrowed yuh get shop burrowed shy pugh toe burrowed shy thug poe burrowed shy hugo pet

burrowed shy huge opt burrowed shy huge pot burrowed shy huge top burrowed shy hug poet burrowed shy ugh poet

burrowed shy hug po et burrowed shy ugh po et burrowed shy hog up et burrowed shy gut hope burrowed shy tug hope

burrowed shy gut po he burrowed shy tug po he burrowed shy got up he burrowed shy get up oh burrowed shy go put he

burrowed shy go up the burrowed hey thugs po burrowed hey ghost up burrowed hey gush opt burrowed hey gush pot

burrowed hey gush top burrowed hey gosh put burrowed hey hogs put burrowed hey gust hop burrowed hey guts hop

burrowed hey tugs hop burrowed hey hug opts burrowed hey ugh opts burrowed hey ugh post burrowed hey ugh pots

burrowed hey ugh spot burrowed hey ugh stop burrowed hey ugh tops burrowed hey hug post burrowed hey hug pots

burrowed hey hug spot burrowed hey hug stop burrowed hey hug tops burrowed hey hog puts burrowed hey gut hops

burrowed hey tug hops burrowed hey tug posh burrowed hey tug shop burrowed hey gut posh burrowed hey gut shop

burrowed hey got push burrowed toy pugh she burrowed toy pegs huh burrowed toy peg hush burrowed yet gush hop

burrowed yet hug hops burrowed yet ugh hops burrowed yet ugh posh burrowed yet ugh shop burrowed yet hug posh

burrowed yet hug shop burrowed yet hog push burrowed soy pugh the burrowed soy hugh pet burrowed yes pugh hot

burrowed yes thug hop burrowed yes hugh opt burrowed yes hugh pot burrowed yes hugh top bestowed hurry hug po

bestowed hurry ugh po bestowed hurry hog up bestowed pry hugh our bestowed pry hug hour bestowed pry ugh hour

bestowed yuh pugh orr bestowed yuh hog purr borrowed egypt huh us borrowed guys pet huh borrowed type hugh us

borrowed type hug shu borrowed type ugh shu borrowed type gus huh borrowed espy hug hut borrowed espy ugh hut

borrowed espy gut huh borrowed espy tug huh borrowed they pugh us borrowed they gush up borrowed they hug pus

borrowed they ugh pus borrowed guy push the borrowed guy pest huh borrowed guy pets huh borrowed guy sept huh

borrowed guy step huh borrowed guy pet hush borrowed spy thug hue borrowed spy huge hut borrowed yuh pugh set

borrowed yuh pegs hut borrowed yuh gush pet borrowed yuh peg huts borrowed yuh peg shut borrowed yuh peg thus

borrowed yuh hug pest borrowed yuh ugh pest borrowed yuh ugh pets borrowed yuh ugh sept borrowed yuh ugh step

borrowed yuh hug pets borrowed yuh hug sept borrowed yuh hug step borrowed yuh get push borrowed shy huge put

borrowed shy hug up et borrowed shy ugh up et borrowed shy gut up he borrowed shy tug up he borrowed hey thugs up

borrowed hey pugh stu borrowed hey thug pus borrowed hey gush put borrowed hey hug puts borrowed hey ugh puts

borrowed hey gut push borrowed hey tug push borrowed yet pugh shu borrowed yet hugh pus borrowed yet hug push

borrowed yet ugh push borrowed yes pugh hut borrowed yes hugh put brewster goody up huh brewster guy po huh do

brewster yuh dough po brewster yuh hugo pod brewster yuh doug hop brewster yuh hug po do brewster yuh ugh po do

brewster yuh hog up do brewster yuh dug hoop brewster yuh dug po oh brewster yuh dog up oh brewster yuh god up oh

brewster you hugh pod sherwood puberty hug sherwood puberty ugh sherwood grey pub hut sherwood grey hub put

sherwood bury pugh et sherwood ruby pugh et sherwood bury peg hut sherwood ruby peg hut sherwood bury hug pet

sherwood ruby hug pet sherwood ruby ugh pet sherwood bury ugh pet sherwood type hug rub sherwood type ugh rub

sherwood type rug hub sherwood prey bug hut sherwood pyre bug hut sherwood prey hug but sherwood pyre hug but

sherwood pyre ugh but sherwood pyre ugh tub sherwood pyre hug tub sherwood prey ugh but sherwood prey ugh tub

sherwood prey hug tub sherwood prey gut hub sherwood pyre gut hub sherwood pyre tug hub sherwood prey tug hub

sherwood they grub up sherwood they rug pub sherwood guy berth up sherwood guy burp the sherwood guy herb put

sherwood buy thug per sherwood buy peg hurt sherwood buy peg ruth sherwood bye pugh rut sherwood pry huge but

sherwood pry huge tub sherwood pry hug tube sherwood pry ugh tube sherwood yuh grub pet sherwood yuh peg burt

sherwood yuh get burp sherwood hey grub put sherwood hey gut burp sherwood hey tug burp sherwood try huge pub

sherwood try bug up he sherwood try hug be up sherwood try ugh be up sherwood yet pugh rub sherwood yet hug burp

sherwood yet ugh burp sherwood rye pugh but sherwood rye pugh tub sherwood rye thug pub sherwood by purge hut

sherwood by pugh true sherwood by thug peru sherwood by thug pure sherwood by thug up re sherwood by hug erupt

sherwood by ugh erupt sherwood by hug put re sherwood by ugh put re sherwood by gut up her sherwood by tug up her

sherwood by rug put he sherwood by rug up the sherwood by erg up hut showered gory pub hut showered gyro pub hut

showered orgy pub hut showered gory hub put showered gyro hub put showered orgy hub put showered bury pugh to

showered ruby pugh to showered bury thug po showered ruby thug po showered bury hug opt showered ruby hug opt

showered ruby ugh opt showered ruby ugh pot showered ruby ugh top showered ruby hug pot showered ruby hug top

showered bury ugh opt showered bury ugh pot showered bury ugh top showered bury hug pot showered bury hug top

showered bury hog put showered ruby hog put showered bury gut hop showered ruby gut hop showered ruby tug hop

showered bury tug hop showered typo hug rub showered typo ugh rub showered typo rug hub showered hoyt grub up

showered hoyt rug pub showered tory hug pub showered troy hug pub showered troy ugh pub showered tory ugh pub

showered guy broth up showered guy throb up showered guy burp hot showered guy bohr put showered guy burt hop

showered guy pub roth showered guy pub thor showered guy hub port showered buy pugh rot showered buy thug pro

showered buy hug port showered buy ugh port showered boy pugh rut showered pry hugo but showered pry hugo tub

showered pry gout hub showered pry hug bout showered pry ugh bout showered yuh grub opt showered yuh grub pot

Archived