Home

Old Grim Fandango Preview

James Isaac

welcome cycloptis, good to have you around

I'd love to see that preview, I'd stick it up - I think that would constitute fair use (my friend who's doing law rekons it would anyway) so go for it. And even if it is illegal *and* they chase you up about it, I can't see it being worse than getting a C&D letter.

I used to have a game magazine from my country with a two-page Quiz about Grim Fandango, and a three-page interview with the creators, preview of the game & how to solve the first part of it, from somewhere in 1998/9. This and a game program, with a preview about the game made me buy it.

I've been looking for it since the day I won the game, but I couldn't find it. I'll keep looking, if I do find it, I'll scan it and send it to you guys (Sure, I'll need to plug my scanner first).

Aww just as I turn on my scanner to try to scan it, it stops working. It made a cracking noise and said scanner failiure =/.

I'll try fixing it or using someone else's scanner to get the preview up.

And, welcome to the forums Cycloptis. It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one who keeps old magazines :p

Originally posted by El Virus

I used to have a game magazine from my country with a two-page Quiz about Grim Fandango, and a three-page interview with the creators, preview of the game & how to solve the first part of it, from somewhere in 1998/9. This and a game program, with a preview about the game made me buy it.

I've been looking for it since the day I won the game, but I couldn't find it. I'll keep looking, if I do find it, I'll scan it and send it to you guys (Sure, I'll need to plug my scanner first).

It's definitely a wonder, as some people I know wouldn't mind seeing them in the recycle.

Yay I used a friend's scanner and got the scans :). When I get back I'll get the file size down and add them to my site. But I'm not sure... how small do you think i'll be able to get the filesize, whilst still keeping the text readable... I'm not sure if i have the room/bandwith on my site. But i'll try anyway.

Archived