Home

KotOR: Aftermath! (Contains K1 and TSL Spoilers)

When that salvager punched Korth in the face, Rey gave out a chuckle. He tried hard to contain the laughter. Even when Korth blews their heads off, he was still laughing inside. "Lead on, Mr. OHHH-YOU-DIDN'T-WANT-TO-DO-THAT," he said mockingly.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sankra- "Czerka! I can't help czerka we have a... troubled history."

Samkra draws a 3

Sankra- "But if you have any other work, Me and my friend are quite good enginneers if you have a ship or equipment you need fixing or upgradeing we can do that.

Korth pucnhed Rey in the face, hopeing to knock him down. "Laying down on the job are we? I was sure you could handle that." Korth looked at the dead salvagers. He looted them. "Interesting, I've never seen one of theese before." Korth pulls out a cybernetic implant that was in the salvagers pocket. "I've seen implants, but none like theese. He must not of had the money to install it. I'll take it to Khoonda for them to investigate." Korth put it away.

Aria stepped into the dimly lit cantina of Telos, her long raven tresses falling in wavy locks down her back. Some patrons stopped for a moment to eye the rather 'good looking' young women. She smiled feeling the pressure of their eyes against her. Most of the cantina’s regulars paid her little heed. They knew the kind of mischief that was in her smile, for most of them had already sampled it and didn't want to again.

The bartender noticed Aria and lifted his hand, signaling for her to come to the bar. Aria caught his gaze and nodded, heading for his direction. She took a seat on a barstool rested her folded arms on the bar.

Aria- "What is it Vhy?"

The bartender glanced around and then leaned over towards her and in a very thick accent said.

Vhy- " There be lots a new characters showing their faces around these parts lassie. I thought ya might want to check it oot."

Aria looked at him puzzled.

Aria- “Why would you tell me that.'

Vhy- "Come now, we both know where you earn yur credits, I just thought I'd help out one my regulars. And of course all I ask is for a small cut."

Aria- "Ahh so that's you game. Fine I'll play. Where are these so called new faces?"

Vhy pointed towards the pazaak tables.

Vhy-" There, a Zabrak and wookies playing with Gorl. There's also a mercenary over there, he's a roudy one. Yelled at me for bringing him a warm drink. Can't say I wouldn't mind seeing him lose a few credits."

Aria nodded a thanks and stood up. She walked over to a table near Gorl and the Zabrak-Wookie duo. She had seen Gorl many a time in the cantina, but knew very little of the whipid save that he played a good game a pazaak. She took a seat and waved back at Vhy to bring her a drink.

(OOC: sorry crying fate but gorl is a whipid not a human. and 65 is pretty young for a whipid.. just clearing things up for future reference)

"You misunderstand... the exchange also has a troubled past with Czerka.. though we could always use a spare mechanic a person working outside the exchange against Czerka could be extremely useful .. and .. well paid"

Gorlin glanced over his shoulder to see Aria sit down. The woman had skills not the least of which could be used on an unwary stranger. Gorl wondered what her interest was with the present pazaak game. It would be stupid to try nething with a wookie standing guard. On the otherside of the cantina a trandoshan was being carried out of the cantina. Trouble was definitely brewing in the Cantina.

Looking back at the Zabrak he smiled, (as well as any whipid could), and drew the next card. It was a 10.

Forik reached the salvagers camp where he started talking to the locals. He got the understanding that a couple of soldier type characters had gone into the enclave, one of the salvagers that were standing from a distant saw an arguement arise between them and some other salvagers and then one of them shot all the salvagers in the head.

This sounded like serious trouble to Forik, it was time to do some militia work. Forik bought a vibrosword of one of the salvager and ran towards the enclave.

Upon approach he heard the engines of a speeder starting up.

Two 'Trandoshans' walked up to steven

"you killed our friend. SO we're going to kill you! They laughed. Steven stood up and walked to the bar tender "i'm sorry if i break any tables or chair" steven walked back to the trandoshans "where were we?"

"you were about do....." his sentanced was cut short because steven quickly drew his vibroblade and cut the trandoshans neck. The alien hit the floor hard. The other drew a stun battno and tried to hit steven withit. But steven cut off its hand and stabbed the trandoshan in the head

"sometimes you trandoshans can be so slow"

Lorso- "Good work on getting the beasts. As usual, your payment will automatically be transferred to your account."

Aloriia- "All right. Well, you wouldn't happen to have other work that needs to be done, do you?"

Lorso- "There is always lots of work to be done, its just that I'm not entirely sure that the work we need done will suit you."

Aloriia- "What do you mean?"

Lorso- "You just don't seem to have the... spirit for the work that needs to be done. Its not that Czerka doesn't trust you, its just that there are better people for the job that wouldn't have second thoughts."

Aloriia- "Your not doing anything illegal, are you?"

Lorso- "Well that's not a very fair question. Even the work you did just now by delivering the bomas was illegal. You did feign that you were delivering these creatures to the Ithorians to the Onderonians, did you not?"

Aloriia- "Well, uh yeah but-"

Lorso- "Then you just did something illegal. People do it all the time. Its just simply that the work entails... neccessary force to achieve an overall goal."

Aloriia- "All right, fine. If you need me, you know how to reach me."

Lorso- "Understood. I look forward to doing future business with you."

With that, Aloriia and Ty left the Czerka compound.

Ty- "So, where do we go from here?"

Aloriia- "I'm not quite sure. Lets head for the cantina."

Gorl, "excellent .. this partnership will be profitable for all involved"

and it may just give me an opening to leave the Exchange once and for all.

More trandoshan bodies were piling up in the cantina, that man with the vibrosword seemed to have his work cut out for him.

Gorl drew a 3 totalling 18.

"I'll stay on 18"

"So you got a name??"

Sankra- "Well I'm Sankra Toess and this is Chenyyykknah but everyone calls him Chen."

Chen- "(Growling)?"

Sankra- "Ha, He wants to know what the pay is like"

Sankra drew a 6 totalling 22

Sankra- "Bah, a bust looks like you won the second game."

Aria watched as the man tore in to the trandoshans, with a almost kind of ire for their kind, though she doubted it was directed only towards them. She looked at the bodies and sighed. Taking credits from dead bodies just wasn't sporting. She sighed heavily again and turned her attention to the Zabrak and the wookie. They didn't look daft enough for her to be able to pilfer any credits off them. It seemed only in a matter seconds, Vhy's business tips had been dubbed useless.

Aria put her mug to her lips and drank up the last bit of bitter liquid in the pewter cylinder. She set it down harshly, making it clank on the table and then rested her head on its surface letting her arms fall loosely towards the floor. A few patrons turned at the abrupt sound but hastily went back to their drinks and pazaak games. Aria's stomach churned and twisted and she regretted hitting the cantina before eating. She was more worried however, about how she was even going to pay for her next meal. For some reason the day's events were not unfamiliar and she had been having trouble acquiring any amount of credits as of late.

Maybe it was a sign that she needed a change of life style. Stealing and coning people out of their credits was beginning to feel almost childish and fatuous. Aria lifted her head up rested her chin on her hands. She scolded herself for moping in her mind and turned to the scene before her once again. She looked over at Gorl and the pazaak game. It looked as though he was going to win, but that didn’t surprise her. Then an idea struck her. She called over to the three she was sitting near.

Aria-“Mind if I play winner?”

(occ: oh and thanks for correcting me. I edited it if you didn't notice.)

Gorl heard Aria's question and thought about it for the moment..

"Sorry but business calls, i wont be sticking around after this game. however my new acquaintance here might be interested at least for the moment"

"ill give you a deal Sankra.. if u win this game you get my credits.. however if i win this game you agree to work for the exchange for the job i just told you about.. win win"

Gorl drew a 10.

Forik saw the speeder coming slowly, they were about a fourth of the way through their journey. The descriptions of the two characters in the speeder matched those portrayed by the salvager. These were definitely the trouble makers.

Following those two were a few more speeders these ones filled with angry salvagers. Forik ran up the ridge and took a running start landing on one of the salvagers speeders.

Both driver and gunner gasped in suprise. Forik smirked, "Khoonda militia, follow that speeder"

Aloriia and Ty entered the cantina. It didn't look too bad, with the exeption of a couple of dead trandoshans. The lizards probably had it coming, but they were going to start stinking if someone didn't clean them up. Pazaak games looked plentiful, but it just wasn't Aloriia's game. Ty didn't even know what the heck Pazaak was, so he briefly watched part of one game in befuddlement. They sat down at a nearby table and ordered some drinks. Ty was used to the atmosphere a cantina provided, and it brought back several memories. He loosened the straps on the sword's sheathes just in case something happened.

Aloriia- "So, tell me a bit about yourself. I mean, besides the training you recieved."

Ty- "Well, besides that and working at the cantina, there really isn't much to tell. I've never really been in any major battles or anything."

Aloriia- "What about that crazy hair thing.. no disrespect intended, but is that apart of being an Onderonian Royal Guard??"

Ty- (smiling)"No disrespect taken. And yes, the Royal Guard has always worn their hair like this. I don't know why, but I've always liked it. What about you? I always thought all zabraks sharpened their horns, but yours aren't."

Aloriia- "For one thing, its painful. Second, its an honor usually restricted to the males. Just don't count on me envying them for it. Besides, its only purpose is to give you a more agressive look, and I'm not exactly the type."

Ty- "I see. I guess that shows how much I know outside of Onderon."

Aloriia- "Well, then tell me about Onderon. What was it like serving there."

Ty- "To be honest, it wasn't half bad. I would have prefered it if the Royal Guard had remained intact, but her Majesty the Queen ordered us disbanded. Of course, that was before she openly accepted Republic aid, unlike the previous King who accepted it only out of neccessity. That was when General Vaklu began to dispute her Majesty. It started as mere debate in the House of Lords, but it quickly turned into an almost violent issue. That was when the Loyalty Implants were activated, not only in myself, but also in the other disbanded Royal Guards. It wasn't neccessarily the fact that her Majesty was in danger, but rather that her Majesty was feeling threatened. That was how this whole thing started, but sometimes I wonder if it won't escalate into a conflict within the citizens in the streets. It might heavily disrupt trade, at the least."

Aloriia- "Hmm, I didn't think it was that bad."

Ty- "You just have to know how the behind-the-scenes stuff works in Onderonian politics, of which the Royal Guard was required to train themselves in so that we could identify potential threats."

Aloriia- "That would be why I hate politics: it leads to a lot of trouble."

Ty- "Only when it doesn't work. In this case, its not really a matter of politics more than a matter of a threat to culture. Some people, like General Vaklu, feel that preserving the Onderon Culture should take priority over any potential benefits Onderon would gain by joining the Republic. Those people are afraid that Onderon would simply be assimilated into the Republic and destroy our culture."

Aloriia- "Go figure. Once again, all that does is tell me to make sure that I don't get in politics. There's just too much at stake."

Ty just shrugged and finished his drink in one quick swallow.

Aria looked at the whipid for a moment. Strange that he should suddenly suggest something just then, maybe it WAS fate. Naw, she didn't believe in fate. But his suggestion was something she never considered before.

Aria - "I don't know. Strange that you mention a job change, I am considering it. I'm just not sure what else I would do. I don't know if I'm exactly exchange material. I'm sure you know what skills I have and I don't know if the exchange would want some small time thief. I never even been off of Telos before."

She suddenly let a soft chuckle.

Aria-"Sorry about that, I didn't mean to go off talking. My situation has just been a little ...frustrating lately."

Aria smiled politely.

Sankra- "Pure pazzack, nice see if i can equal."

Sankra then began to pull out a card, it's a five.

Sankra- "So you never answered Chens question what is the pay like ?"

he then took another card, a ten.

Sankra- "looks like i have to reach it."

He took another card a four.

Sankra- "well it looks like me and chen are working for you now, I hope you pay well?"

Gorl, "The exchange does pay well, but that is all details. After you are ready, come down to the exchange building in the residential module and tell them gorlin sent you, ill give you the details of the assignment and the amount of creds you are gonna earn. "

Gorl stood up then turned to face Aria, "if you're up to it you can come along, I can always use a spare hand and it should earn you a bit. But im not waiting up for you, if your not at the exchange building by the time we're ready u get left behind."

"Look forward to seeing you all again"

Gorl finished his juma juice and walked out of the cantina. He went to the exchange office and at his private cubicle he received a private message from goto. Gorl opened and was suprised by the info that goto had sent him, it would be useful on this mission. Little did goto know that Gorl was getting away from the exchange after this job.

Archived