Home

Dash Rendar.....

TheOutrider

Originally posted by benTantilles

...good thing you guys didn't get around to actually doing that. =p

benT, welcome back :D as for the honey dip and auction, dont think we've forgotten, that damn thing is still going. If I ever become a mod here (*;)*) i'll close that thing before you could even say JAWA :p

mtfbwya

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

No, it means, he'll say JAWA before you get to close this thing down. ;)

What that means is not that you don't have a chance, it's not even up to me, but that he has had several days to say JAWA already. :p

Bah ! does it mean I'm gonna have to sleep with someone....coz Im not doing that again :(

jk.

ON TOPIC:

I wouldnt mind getting my hands on SOTE PC...I have been searching for it....proving difficult to find !

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Samnmax221

Yah what part of Minnesota you from?

c'mon TK....and Sam.... I know its cool to come across ppl form your home state/city/country, but unless you want to add something about Dash Rendar and SOTE, you should pm each other :D

As for the SOTE game, I played it the other day on my friends N64 ! Not bad, considering its age. I would like the PC version, but dont wanna pay ridiculous prices for it, I think ebay is my best bet atm :(

mtfbwya

JAWA!

...and i'm still not covered in honey! nor are you a mod! haha, got you there astrotoy....

Yeah, SOTE was a great game. In fact, it was the game that got me interested in star wars in the first place. I'm not sure if Lucasarts still distributes it to stores-- you can probably check out their website to see if they do. I think i remember seeing a few sold under the Electronic Arts name (new packaging, different cover). You might be able to have it shipped to you from the lucasarts store, or even other online stores like amazon.com.

• 2 months later...

i was just looking through some of my star wars novels and thought about the shadows of the empire and wondering if any one else but me thought that dash rendar should be included in more EU books. Then I saw this forum and decided to make a post.

so is there anyone else but me that thinks Dash Rendar should be in more EU books. spoilers for those who haven't read shadows of the empire or played the game and beat it on hardest difficulty

i know that he "died" at the end of the book, but correct me if i'm wrong wasn't the game and comics as official as the book? so the secret ending of him surviving and him appearing in the shadow of the empire comics seem to me enough confirmation that he is still alive and kicking during the NJO books.

he is my favorite EU character and top 5 character from the star wars universe. just thought he'd be a cool character to bring back every now and again because unlike lando and han (yep i see differences between him and han) he seems a little more seedier and scummier. maybe not by much, but in my opinion he will do more illegal and dirtier things than either of them because he never had that gotta look out for somebody other than me moment that han and lando have gone through.

just a thought.

Hey, that would be a good idea to bring him back. He is not my fav. char. but i remember when i was playing ''StarWars Shadows of the Emprie'' i enjoyed ''Jumping'' around killing and passing to the next level.

Yes I am working on the SOTE mod for Jedi Academy. Someone asked if the game was as official as the comics and book. The answer is yes it is. In the preface of the SOTE TPB, he explains how one can not truly get the SOTE experience unless they:

1. Read the novel

2. Read the comics

3. Play the game.

The reason for this is because the book comes from Luke, Leia, Xizor, and Vader's perspectives. The comics are more on the perspective of Boba Fett & Jix, as well as back side events of Darth Vader (hiring Jix), Xizor (sitting in on a second communication with Vader & Emperor), as well as Luke and others. The game is purely from Dash's perspective.

I thought the idea was really cool. I sometimes wonder what the events of ANH would be like seeing from other perspectives. It would be cool to see Wedge and Biggs' perspectives.

Anyway, yes as others have said, on the hardest level of the game you can see the final cut scene. I have never seen it merely because on the hardest level, it's @#$%ing hard. One shot with a stormtrooper blaster can kill you, even if at full health. The other thing, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to collect all of the challenge points too.

For more info on the SOTE mod, click on the links in my signature. (I'm going to put a better banner in it soon BTW)

I still think they should do a SOTE CG movie. Of anything in EU, I think SOTE has the most potential to be an actual movie project. Other stories (like Splinter in the Mind's Eye, Vision of the Future, Truce at Bakura, etc...) are cute at best, but not really worthy of canonical recognition.

Sorry that this doesn't have anything to do with Dash Rendar, but has there been any more word on the TV series?

Anyway, Dash is cool. There...now we're back on topic.

I only played the demo of SOTE. It had nice graphics (at the time, better than JK1) but the gameplay was kind of crappy IMHO. Sure, the ship flying (battle of hoth) level was fantastically fun (remember, this was before the Rogue Squadron series), but that's it.

Now it seems the Demo has problems on my system so I never played it again. I've never tried the full game, but I haven't seen it in stores. : P

I did read the comic and the novel (both of which I own), and even listened to the album (yes, there was an album).

still i wonder what would happen in a fight to the death or ship vs ship.

1 on 1: I would put my money on Fett only because we have canonical footage. Plus Mandalorian armor is cool.

Ship to ship: My money goes with Outrider. The outrider is a more modern fighter with all the bells and whistles. Slave 1 is Boba Fett driving his daddy's 1956 Ford T-Bird right after it aired on MTV's Pimp My Ride. Looks cool, but still old. My Imperial credits would be on Outrider all the way. I could see Dash piloting and Leebo gunning from the turrets (or visa versa). Even if Boba Fett tried to fire a missile at him, the Outrider has enough instrumental precision to target missile weapons (ref SOTE novel). I think Outrider would B!^C# slap Slave 1.

I only played the demo of SOTE

I have the N64 and PC versions. I like the PC version better. N64 came out first, and the cutscenes are rather lame. The PC version has actual 3d rendering and animation. They did a pretty good job at making Luke and Leia not look too retarded. Game play was pretty much the same, but graphics (textures) are better. The Outrider space battles are perhaps the best part of the game.

Archived