Home

Movie Style Jedi Robes: TSL Style (Oh no! Not another robe reskin!!)

Prime

Originally posted by kasimmorathi

The robes look great, I especially love the armor and would like to see those tabards make a come back. It gives it a sort of ceremonial appeal. And just a little thought, not sure if its even possible.. can the armor be wrought with some battle scars? In the case of all these fighters, it would make sense that the armor should have some wear.. especially if its tacked onto the Exile. Sort of like, blaster scoring along the breastplate, melee cuts. Just to add a bit of a detail.

It is possible, and you raise an interesting idea. I might play around and see how it looks.

But the item will be attainable through the workbench, so in essence the player will be creating new armour. In that scenario, it shouldn't have any scratches...

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Prime

It is possible, and you raise an interesting idea. I might play around and see how it looks.

But the item will be attainable through the workbench, so in essence the player will be creating new armour. In that scenario, it shouldn't have any scratches...

What about creating two versions? A pristine version, ie no scratches, and a damaged one. Just as an example, say the character has 15 repair*, then the damaged version is made. If the character has 20 repair*, then the clean version is made. You could also include slightly higher stats for the latter. Just a thought , either way, they look great. I can't wait untill they are ready.

*- or whatever stat and levels you use

:cool:

Originally posted by Lion54

What about creating two versions? A pristine version, ie no scratches, and a damaged one. Just as an example, say the character has 15 repair*, then the damaged version is made. If the character has 20 repair*, then the clean version is made. You could also include slightly higher stats for the latter. Just a thought , either way, they look great. I can't wait untill they are ready.

*- or whatever stat and levels you use

We'll see. Frankly, I'm pretty tired of skinning right now. :)

We'll see. Frankly, I'm pretty tired of skinning right now. :)

I can imagine.

Take a break, shoot some pool, go sky diving, and leave it alone till the urge hits ya.

I know you have been working on this for quite some time, and you're probably ready to finish it, but isn't the idea to have fun? I know many people might get mad at me for saying this, but if you don't want to do it than don't. Being a modderator and a great skinner, I know you relize this, but sometimes with all the people asking for this or that, you might forget. You always do good work, and I hope you keep it up, but not if you dont want to.

Take a break, shoot some pool, go sky diving, and leave it alone till the urge hits ya.

totally agree! go. take a little break. you deserve it!

I know you have been working on this for quite some time, and you're probably ready to finish it, but isn't the idea to have fun? I know many people might get mad at me for saying this, but if you don't want to do it than don't. Being a modderator and a great skinner, I know you relize this, but sometimes with all the people asking for this or that, you might forget. You always do good work, and I hope you keep it up, but not if you dont want to.

definately. you've done axeptional work for as long as i've been here, and shouldn't do it if you don't want to, or if you're not having fun with it!

Don't get me wrong, guys. It has been a fun project, but I've gotten to the point where I feel that I more or less have the textures I want, and I don't really feel like adding more :)

That being said, I'm having problems with the alpha channel shine on the clone trooper armoured robes for some reason. THat's driving me nuts...

And the other issue I am having is in trying to add a max dex restriction to the armours. I've added the property to the property list:

propertyname = 68 //DEXBonusMax
subtype = 0 // no subtype
costtable = 26 // UseRestrictAttrib
costvalue = 1 // max dexterity bonus I want (+1)

When I do this, the restriction shows up in the item description, but the when the armour is equiped, the max dex penalty isn't applied on the attribute screen. It still shows the normal dex bonus.

Does anyone know what I'm missing?

um, i'll take a crack at it.

did you put the Max Dex Penalty in the .uti file?

you know, add a property, put attrubute penalty, then in the other drop down put Dexterity, and below that one, choose the one you want.

... i think ... :p

good luck

MattCole

Hey Prime! Try this out and see how it works, your code should look like this:

ChanceAppear=100

CostTable=2

CostValue=1

Param1=255

Param1Value=0

PropertyName=68

Subtype=0

I think you were accidentally combining the last 2 rows of the itempropdef.2da table. Anyways, just thought I'd help ya out and Good Luck on the Mod, and Keep up with the great work!

Conan1972

Originally posted by conan1972

Hey Prime! Try this out and see how it works, your code should look like this:

ChanceAppear=100

CostTable=2

CostValue=1

Param1=255

Param1Value=0

PropertyName=68

Subtype=0

I think you were accidentally combining the last 2 rows of the itempropdef.2da table. Anyways, just thought I'd help ya out and Good Luck on the Mod, and Keep up with the great work!

Conan1972

This is what I had originally, and I just tried it again but it still has the same issue. It has the max dex listed in the description, but it doesn't get applied when the armour is equiped. Anyone other ideas? Can anyone else try this and confirm that it doesn't work with non armour clothing? This is really getting annoying... :)

EDIT: Don't worry about it too much. I ended up going with the way other items define it through the baseitems.2da. But if anyone knows it would be good to know for future reference. :)

I'd thought about doing Dooku's robes originally, but the problem is that as far as I know there isn't any model that is close to what he wears. He has a cape rather than a robe, and all the models have sleeves. That is why in the end I decided against doing them.

Well you could ofcourse use your imagination and think what dooku looked like when he was young and on lightside, i mean he had different saber when he was young so why not clothes.

You could use black and brown in them, the shirt could be mostly black and the cape part would be dark or light brown.

Originally posted by Juha Avery

Well you could ofcourse use your imagination and think what dooku looked like when he was young and on lightside, i mean he had different saber when he was young so why not clothes.

You could use black and brown in them, the shirt could be mostly black and the cape part would be dark or light brown.

Yea thats defitnetly a nice idea!This coud work...

Prime i have a qeustion can you post how everything looks at the moment, I very curios!So please can you?

I allready started working on the Dooku robe, right now i used the Dark Jedi Robe as the base and right now ive made the original black in it more darker and the cape part and sleeves are brown and gloves are black, im planning on doing more changes on the chest part and the dark part so it wont look so dull, only bad thing is that i dont know how to make a seperate item, so this replaces all the dark jedi robes In the game...

Personally i like the way the black and brown fit together so well.

Im starting on making the head too.

Originally posted by Vampiro

Prime i have a qeustion can you post how everything looks at the moment, I very curios!So please can you?

I'll try and get some up tonight. Most are pretty close to what I've posted already though...

I allready started working on the Dooku robe, right now i used the Dark Jedi Robe as the base and right now ive made the original black in it more darker and the cape part and sleeves are brown and gloves are black, im planning on doing more changes on the chest part and the dark part so it wont look so dull, only bad thing is that i dont know how to make a seperate item, so this replaces all the dark jedi robes In the game...

Nice man, Only shame about that it will replace all the Dark Jedi robes, Maybe somebody can hep u with it, god i hope so:)

I'll try and get some up tonight. Most are pretty close to what I've posted already though...

Ok, Can you show the ones that has been improved or...Most=All?

Making it unique is easy, all you have to do is set the model variation in your uti to something unique, for example 37, and then rename the textures to PMBI37 and PFBI37.

Making it unique is easy, all you have to do is set the model variation in your uti to something unique, for example 37, and then rename the textures to PMBI37 and PFBI37.

(buzzer sounds) wrong!!!! change the texture variation, not the model variation!!!!!

or email it to me and i'll do it. (try it yourself first thoe. it's not hard at all!!!!!!!!)

Archived