Home

Movie Style Jedi Robes: TSL Style (Oh no! Not another robe reskin!!)

Prime

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Prime I thought you might like to know that the old jedi robes are included with TSL.

Look for

pmbil.mdl + pmbil.mdx(male)

pfbis.mdl + pfbis.mdx(female)

no textures for them, But I'm sure you could make them.

I haven't tried to convert a K1 model to ascii then to k2 model format so I can't say if it would work or not.

^^^^

Great News T7! :D

Regarding the robe texture, I have allready found the base K1 Robe texture (I posted it's location above) so with your find this means we can use the robes from K1. ;)

I really dislike the N_CommM and N_CommF clothing models, so I know what my new PC clothes models are going to be. :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

^^^^

Great News T7! :D

Regarding the robe texture, I have allready found the base K1 Robe texture (I posted it's location above) so with your find this means we can use the robes from K1. ;)

I really dislike the N_CommM and N_CommF clothing models, so I know what my new PC clothes models are going to be. :D

Hey thats a good idea :D

Originally posted by Buffy

I want all Jedi's Robe.. thank you.

That is definitely the focus of the mod. Thanks for the pics. It should help me to get the colours right.

Originally posted by T7nowhere

Hey Prime I thought you might like to know that the old jedi robes are included with TSL.

Look for

pmbil.mdl + pmbil.mdx(male)

pfbis.mdl + pfbis.mdx(female)

no textures for them, But I'm sure you could make them.

Fantastic! That should really allow me to expand the number of robes included in the mod. Plus it will help provide a better option for the cloakless robes.

So to make these "active" in the game, do I need to alter appearance.2da somehow? I've never really tried adding new models, only replace them. Can I use one of the other unused columns (like modelj and texj) for this?

Also can you remind me which lines are for the PC, and how the new .uti reflects which model and tex column to use (if that is indeed the way to go)?

I haven't tried to convert a K1 model to ascii then to k2 model format so I can't say if it would work or not.

I'll give that a try. If I can get it to work and get permission from Xavier2, I think it would be great if we could use his robes model.

Regarding the robe texture, I have allready found the base K1 Robe texture (I posted it's location above) so with your find this means we can use the robes from K1.

Cool. Hopefully I can just replace that with my old KOTOR textures.

I really dislike the N_CommM and N_CommF clothing models, so I know what my new PC clothes models are going to be.

I don't really like the model very much. It makes the character look pretty unathletic. :) If I can get the old robes to work, I think that would be a better option.

As for the Jedi armour, I think I am going to abandon the Kenobi style idea. I thought it was going to turn out better than it did. I think what I might do now is after I've finished the "real" robes, I may play around with designing my own armour from scratch. That will give me a bit more freedom. But I'll see how I feel once I finish the main stuff...

Thanks for you help guys. :)

I Posted this in another thread K1 jedi robe in K2 it took me about 10 minutes to extract the models rename them and change the modelb and texb columns for the PC's

So to make these "active" in the game, do I need to alter appearance.2da somehow? I've never really tried adding new models, only replace them. Can I use one of the other unused columns (like modelj and texj) for this?

Also can you remind me which lines are for the PC, and how the new .uti reflects which model and tex column to use (if that is indeed the way to go)?

I think a appearance.2da edit is the best solution as the defualt clothes are actually the body for the commeners ;)

You could use modelj and texj or for male or even modell , texl. its used for the female Slave leia costume.

Cool. Hopefully I can just replace that with my old KOTOR textures.

That will work and would be the best solution.

I Posted this in another thread K1 jedi robe in K2 it took me about 10 minutes to extract the models rename them and change the modelb and texb columns for the PC's

Pretty cool. I don't want to replace the clothes for this. I'd like to add them as new entities. This means I'll probably ditch the basic clothing reskin I posted earlier and use the old KOTOR robes instead.

I think a appearance.2da edit is the best solution as the defualt clothes are actually the body for the commeners ;)

You could use modelj and texj or for male or even modell , texl. its used for the female Slave leia costume.

I'll probably go with modelj and texj if they are completely unused. Also, in the .uti file, what entry do I need to alter to use the model and texture specified in the J columns? I don't have things in front of me right now. :)

Originally posted by Prime

I'll probably go with modelj and texj if they are completely unused. Also, in the .uti file, what entry do I need to alter to use the model and texture specified in the J columns? I don't have things in front of me right now. :)

Lets see if my memories up to par. I believe the modelj robe are listed in the baseitem.2da as revans armor? So if you change the baseitem in the .uti the robes should use what ever you have as your modelj. There maybe other things you need to alter but I'm not sure.

Originally posted by Nodakrattler

Lets see if my memories up to par. I believe the modelj robe are listed in the baseitem.2da as revans armor? So if you change the baseitem in the .uti the robes should use what ever you have as your modelj. There maybe other things you need to alter but I'm not sure.

I figured it was something like that. I'll give that a try and see where it leads. Thanks. :)

My opinion, just for reference :D, is that you should use T7's idea. Just replace the clothes with them. Reason being is that many modders like to use Revan's robes and may also wish to use the other columns, but clothes are not usually overridden. You can still add bonuses and change descriptions so they would not even be called clothes anymore and would never know =)

I hope I'm 'fashionably late' and these are still of use to you...

Here are some stills from Clone Wars (the micro series) Volume 2. These are from chapter 22, the most recent to air. If you'd like more stills or higher quality versions of these just let me know.

Nice screen caps.

And actually, I was looking and Prime, I think what you need to do is leave the armored belt, but add 1 layer of outter cloak/vest above the belt to make it look like the lower cloth flap is actually coming from somewhere.

Originally posted by Guyver619

Nice screen caps.

Thanks. :)

Originally posted by Guyver619

... leave the armored belt, but add 1 layer of outter cloak/vest above the belt to make it look like the lower cloth flap is actually coming from somewhere.

I think I can envision what your saying, and if so, I agree. :D

Originally posted by Jatku

I think I can envision what your saying, and if so, I agree. :D

Pretty much like Obi-Wan original wore.. since his original armored outfit was really just armor with a cloth vest, with an armored belt on top, and a cape attached to the vest at the shoulders.

Also, I think there was another Jedi in one of the recent episodes with a similar outfit(the episode when the trade federation droids start invading coruscant).

Originally posted by Darth Stryke

My opinion, just for reference :D, is that you should use T7's idea. Just replace the clothes with them. Reason being is that many modders like to use Revan's robes and may also wish to use the other columns, but clothes are not usually overridden. You can still add bonuses and change descriptions so they would not even be called clothes anymore and would never know =)

I don't really want to replace the clothes because I still want the PC to, well, be able to wear normal clothes.

So I played around a bit and used the modell and texl, which is used for the female slave costume, but serves no purpose for male characters. This is kind of good, since my textures from KOTOR only worked for male characters. However, the problem is that when you equip the K1 robes on females, they wear the slave garb. So that kind of sucks.

Is there a property I can use in the .uti that can restrict the robes to males?

So I guess the options still are to replace the regular clothing, the slave costume, or the Revan robes. I'm kind of leaning towards the Revan robes since it conflicts the least with the other aspects of the game. But if I can restrict the wearers through the .uti that might help things.

But whatever I end up deciding, for the male PC the robes seem to be working fine...

standing

ready for action

Also, I tried converting Xavier2's modified robes with odd effects. When the robes were equiped the game didn't crash, but it seems there were no animations, and so the body was stiff with the head and hands freely moving around in mid air. Perhaps I did something incorrectly. Could someone else who has the MECK-The Insidous Plot mod for KOTOR attempt to convert the robes? It would be nice to confirm one way or another whether they can be ported. If no one has the time, no worries. :)

There is a gender restrict prop to use and it is what prevents the male players from equiping the slave outfit.

In GFF the restricting Gender Property is Property Number 60, and it is SubType 0 to restrict the item to Males only, SubType 1 is for females only, as per gender.2da. :D

Edit: I just looked in KT and it is listed as, quite appropriately, Gender Restriction. ;)

I really got to stop using the GFF Editor to make items with!

I really got to stop using the GFF Editor to make items with!

I would advise to keep using it just in case as KT still is having glitches with the GFF saving format since K2 compatibility.

I know my NWNeditor is starting to hate me using it so much.:D

In GFF the restricting Gender Property is Property Number 60, and it is SubType 0 to restrict the item to Males only, SubType 1 is for females only, as per gender.2da. :D

Edit: I just looked in KT and it is listed as, quite appropriately, Gender Restriction. ;)

Thanks for the info. fellas. In that case I'll probably stick with using the slave outfit column for the males. I haven't tried my cloacked skins with female characters, but I know the KOTOR ported ones don't work correctly.

I feel like it is all coming together. :)

Archived