[TSL] New Models: Megido & Avenger [REL]

Mav

Megido and The Avenger

created by: maverick187

Click link to download

Go Get your Copies!!! (if you want)

From the Readme:

Megido & The Avenger - Lightsaber Models: created by: maverick187

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART I: Introduction (prt1)

Greetings these lightsaber models are completely new models made from scratch by myself in gmax. It adds a little more diversity to look at while plain the game versus those aluminum cyclinders that the game calls a lightsaber. Enjoy the new models.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART II: Table of Contents (prt2)

PART I - Introduction (prt1)

PART II - Table of Contents (prt2)

PART III - Features (prt3)

PART IV - Sabers and Crystals (prt4)

PART V - Installation (prt5)

PART VI - Uninstallation (prt6)

PART VII - In-Game Placement (prt7)

PART VIII - Bugs (prt8)

PART IX - Acknowledgements and Credits (prt9)

PART X - Item Cheat Codes (prt10)

PART XI - Screenshots (prt11)

PART III: Features (prt3)

This mod includes 2 new saber models and three new sabers (the regular and short saber use the same model), all are upgradeable, and createable, the stats of the sabers are the same as the games regualr sabers though.

--> 2 new saber models

--> 3 new sabers to play with

--> 1 new custom saber color crystal

--> In-Game Placement for ease-of-use

PART IV: Sabers, Crystals (prt4)

This mod includes 3 new sabers, and 1 new crystal, the following are small descriptions of each.

Megido Lightsaber & Megido Shortsaber:

----------------------------------------

Blade Color: Red

Hilt Type: A curved hilt with an end spike, ridges and slanted emitter

Color Crystal: Ancient Sith Crystal

In-Game Description: Traditionally associated with the Jedi, the lightsaber is a devastating weapon difficult to master. Properties can vary with the type of focusing crystal used in construction. This particular design, know as the "Megido" design, derives from the original design of an unknown Ancient Sith Lord. The original saber has been cataloged and placed in the Jedi Archives.

The Avenger Double-Bladed Lightsaber:

----------------------------------------

Blade Color: Red

Hilt Type: A doublebladed shaft with center ridges, and two sets of spikes on either side, symetrical and features two sided emitter guards on each side of the hilt.

Color Crystal: Ancient Sith Crystal

In-Game Description: These exotic weapons are rare, and most often associated with Jedi attracted to the dark side of the Force, for whom reckless aggression is sometimes considered an asset. The double-bladed lightsaber is capable of inflicting more damage - but is also less precise - than the single-bladed variant. This design was orginally created by an ancient Sith Marauder, it carries with it a history of innocent deaths. Although this is just a replica of the original, which is stored in the Jedi Archives, it's appearence still strikes fear in the eyes of most Jedi.

PART V: Installation (prt5)

1. Create an override folder within your KotOR 2 directory, if you do not have one already.

2. Extract all of the files in this file into your override directory, if you are prompted to overwrite any .2da file proceed to step three, if you are not then installation is complete.

3. If you are prompted to overwrite any .2da file note which file it is and then follow the following compatibilites guide if you have other mods installed which use the same .2da files:

|The .2da file | The compatible mods

|---------------|------------------------------------------------------------------------

|upcrystals.2da | RedHawke's Exile Item Pack, Darkkender's Guardian Saber mod, and Xcom's | | Dual-wielding Double-Blades mod, Shadow Blade's mods, RedHawke and My | | Prestige Pack

|---------------|------------------------------------------------------------------------

|upgrade.2da | Envida's Complete Mods, RedHawke's Workbench Robes mod, and | | Darkkender's Segan Wyndh Pack

|itemcreate.2da | RedHawke's Workbench Robe Mod, Darkkender's Segan Wyndh Pack,

|itemcreatemira.2da | RedHawke and My Prestige Pack, and Prime's Stormtrooper Mod

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. If you have your own custom conflicting .2da file or a .2da file that is from a mod not listed here you will need to merge your .2da files, please go to the tutorials section at Holowan Labs for information on how to merge .2da files. Link in PART VIII.

5. The following is a simple tutorial on making your upcrystals.2da file compatible with this mod.

+ Download KotOR Tool. Can be found at Holowan Labs, link in PART VIII

+ Open KotOR Tool and click the 2da button in the top left corner, open the upcrystals.2da file from your override folder.

+ Now scroll down to a new row and type the following:

|(Row Label)| label | template | shortmdlvar | longmdlvar | doublemdlvar |

|-----------|---------------|--------------|---------------|--------------|---------------|

|next number|MavModels_Crstl|mav_drkcrst001|mav_w_mgdssbr01|mav_w_mgdsbr01|mav_w_avgrsbr01|

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

*Note the top row are the names of the columns of the 2da file, you enter the 2nd row.

+ now click in an above entry and go File->Save as 2DA V2.b and save it in your override folder

PART VI: Uninstallation (prt6)

Simply remove all of the files from your override folder.

PART VII: In-Game Placement (prt7)

YOu can build the sabers and any workbench that allows for item creation, when you reach certain qualifications.

PART VIII: Known Bugs (prt8)

There are no known bugs at this time.

If you discover a bug please report them to us at the Holowan Labratory Forum at http://www.lucasforums.com or more specifically:

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=324

You may also e-mail me at, e-mail bad:D (PM me), although you are much more unlikely to get a response there as it is rarely checked.

PART IX: Acknowledgements and Credits (prt9)

Fred Tetra: Without your tireless effort on the creation and continued dedication to upgrading your incredible KotOR Tool this mod would not be possible, for that we are all in debt to you, and we cannot thank you enough.

tk102: KSE has helped us in numerous ways, testing out the mod, and for the pure enjoyment of creating the "Super Jedi" lol, also your help and guidance has been tremendous, thanks.

T7nowhere: Thank you, for the encouragement early on when I started modding way back in KotOR 1, and for the tremendous amount of help when I was learning to model, I owe a lot to you, thanks T7

svösh: In many ways you have been my greatest mentor, encouraging me early on in the KotOR 1 days, helping me learn the basics of skinning and texturing and teaching me some of the finer points of Photoshop, and for the help and direction when I tried to model, and for letting me use your custom shader for almost all of my mods, thank you svösh

RedHawke: Well, we have teamed up for many a few mods and they have reached great success, thanks for all the help with everything, scripting etc. maybe not in this mod, but in others, thanks.

Holowan Labs: Thank goes out to all the support from everyone at Holowan Labs, for the helpful comments in the W.I.P. thread and for continued support.

PART X: Cheat Codes (prt10)

Color Crystals:

mav_drkcrst001 = Ancient Sith Crystal

Lightsabers:

mav_w_mgdssbr01 = Megido Shortsaber

mav_w_mgdsbr01 = Megido Lightsaber

mav_w_avgrsbr01 = The Avenger (doublebladed saber)

PART XI: Screenshots (prt11)

Megido Saber: http://img229.exs.cx/img229/3193/megido1qp.jpg (note = although the blade is green in that picture, in this mod it is red, the green was an early test of the saber.

The Avenger: http://img114.exs.cx/img114/4503/ingameavenger6jo.jpg

@ Shadow Blaze

Yep, finally, just one more model to make.... it's a secret... and I can actually play TSL again.

@ DarthSmallz

I actually prepared a .zip, I had a feeling someone would ask for one ;), I'll send it right after I post this.

@ ChAiNz.2da

Thanks for the compliment, I can't wait for the Ultimate Lightsaber Pack to be released :D

So it's finally out. But you didn't even make it compatible with the saber expansion pack that was 1/3 yours?;) Man I thought I could be cruel sometimes. I guess I have to be lazy and wait for the ultimate saber pack release so I don't have to do it myself.:p

Originally posted by Darkkender

So it's finally out. But you didn't even make it compatible with the saber expansion pack that was 1/3 yours?;) Man I thought I could be cruel sometimes. I guess I have to be lazy and wait for the ultimate saber pack release so I don't have to do it myself.:p

Hmm didn't know that. Glad I didn't overwrite my current upcrystals.2da when I installed it.

Originally posted by Shadow Blaze

Hmm didn't know that. Glad I didn't overwrite my current upcrystals.2da when I installed it.

This is one of many reasons I use KMM. That way I can easily figure out what is having incompatibilities and needs merging. Also it allows me to go back and test where a mod might be having issues at. All this without the worry of accidently deleting a file. That and keeping copies of every archive downloaded in a backup location or 2 or 3 helps as well.

what????, I thought it was compatible, the one in my override is.... I just didn't write it in the readme thats all.

[Homer Simpson]DOH!!![/Homer Simpson]

I just remembered that I also forgot to mention Shadow Blaze in my readme file for the name, "Megido", sorry, well thanks!, I'll try to remeber for my next mod.

Originally posted by maverick187

[Homer Simpson]DOH!!![/Homer Simpson]

I just remembered that I also forgot to mention Shadow Blaze in my readme file for the name, "Megido", sorry, well thanks!, I'll try to remeber for my next mod.

Heh I noticed that too... But oh well I know and other people who look at your thread do as well. So don't worry to much about it. Besides if you make another version you can update the readme too.

You missed a "k".:D But your right it doesn't. I guess I'll have to settle on adjustig the blade color for these to purple instead. For private use.

Heh I turned them green lol. But my favorite color is blue. Yeah Purpkender or PK just doesn't fit.

Great work mav! Very nice models. Thank you for the kind acknowledgement I’m very happy that I could help either personally in PM’s or with a tut or 2. I think we added yours in to our upcrystal.2da if not I’ll squeeze you in before the 58 lines I added my self :eek: had to give Chainz a break ;)

Again great work keep it up :D

svösh

Archived